STAR WARS VII - "The Force Awakens" - Movie Discussion

gregpj

• 5 weeks later...

http://screencrush.com/star-wars-force-awakens-trailer-tickets-pre-sales/

Star Wars fans, what are you doing on Monday, October 19? Nope, sorry. Whatever you thought you were doing, you might want to readjust your plans, because you’re going to be sitting in front of your computer, watching the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer and pre-ordering your tickets for December 18. At least that’s according to multiple early reports, as well as some of our sources as well.

The new Force Awakens trailer, the first new footage from the film since the :15 Instagram video in August, will actually be the last Force Awakens trailer according to our sources and will debut online on October 19 before eventually making its way to theaters on November 6 with Spectre.

In addition, multiple theater chains are reporting that Star Wars: The Force Awakens tickets will go on sale the same day, though the time is unclear. Yesterday, Cinemark accidentally posted an official graphic to one of the international markets announcing the pre-sale, only to pull the information shortly thereafter (“In the next Monday begins the pre-sale of Star Wars: The Force Awakens at #Cinemark! Run before the Stormtroopers end up with all the tickets.”). In addition, multiple AMC Theaters managers in the United States and Canada have reportedly informed staff of an October 19 pre-sale date, according to users on TheForce.net.

[UPDATE: Major U.S. theater chains were provided today with ticketing information on Star Wars: The Force Awakens. We have seen the document, which requires theaters to have all their ticketing information entered into the system by 8:00am ET on Friday, October 16 for release at 12:00pm ET to ticketing web sites. This includes tickets for both Star Wars: The Force Awakens and the Star Wars Marathon, which will begin with The Phantom Menace at 4:00am on December 16 and end with The Force Awakens at 7:00pm on December 17. Those tickets will cost $50. No word yet on extras (posters, pins, etc.) at this point. We’ve also been told to watch for an official announcement tomorrow on StarWars.com]

There is expected to be an official announcement from Lucasfilm and Disney on the trailer debut and ticket pre-sale prior to October 19, though we don’t know when yet; we’ve heard Friday, but have also heard Sunday (with the potential for one of those frustratingly short “teaser for the trailer” videos accompanying the announcement). We’ve reached out to Lucasfilm for comment, but don’t expect to hear back because they don’t officially comment on any of this stuff.

[UPDATE #2: Making Star Wars has confirmed our report saying that the Force Awakens trailer will debut on Monday and that the video will air during Monday Night Football on Disney-owned ESPN.]

Whatever is happening, it’s going to happen soon, and we’ll make sure to update with the latest as we hear it. Until then, it might be wise to put a couple of bucks aside for those midnight IMAX screenings.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens opens in theaters on December 18.

• Like 2

especially when 3 of them are hot piles of dog............

Says the guy with a PT avatar.

They're not good per se, but they are Star Wars. I do want to see the OT in theaters. It's an experience I haven't had yet. : )

Definitely excited for VII. Going to be by the computer when tickets go live and will be driving to Houston to go see it with my best friend.

• Like 1

Oh, to be young again, and without family, so I could sit in the theater all day and watch all 7 movies in a row.  Wow!  I wish...

Why do I get the feeling I'm going to need to preorder my tickets when they go on sale, just to ensure I can see it at a decent hour?  I can't do a midnight showing.  But 7 PM on December 17 is much more doable.

The Force Awakens official poster is in.

• Wonder what that planet looking weapon is? Hopeful not another Death Star...
  • Still no official image of Luke Skywalker. He probably has a smaller role or maybe already decreased?  not sure what's going on there.
  • Leia is in there as well as prob that Maz character.

star-wars-force-awakens-official-poster-691x1024.jpg

• Like 6

The Force Awakens official poster is in.

• Wonder what that planet looking weapon is? Hopeful not another Death Star...
  • Still no official image of Luke Skywalker. He probably has a smaller role or maybe already decreased?  not sure what's going on there.
  • Leia is in there as well as prob that Maz character.

Leaked script synopsis and speculation say Luke is only in it briefly at the end

They have tried so hard (too hard) to hit every note from the OT - It seems as if most every bit of footage has been a nod to some nostalgic moment that we've already seen in SW.

I certainly can understand why, but I just hope that they spent half as much time coming up with an original story, instead of just trying to check off all the boxes.

• Like 2

Another Mondsy Night Football teaser video

<blockquote class="twitter-video" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">TOMORROW <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheForceAwakens?src=hash">#TheForceAwakens</a>&#10;<a href="https://t.co/GcFzg2MiPr">https://t.co/GcFzg2MiPr</a></p>&mdash; Walt Disney Studios (@DisneyStudios) <a href="https://twitter.com/DisneyStudios/status/655828947163197440">October 18, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>