10245 - Santa's Workshop

biniou

0 flip potential??  Probably the best flip potential out there next to SW Advents for the holiday season.

Already sold 25 plus with another 25 ready to go.  Built these up since they came out as this set has $$$ written all over it.

WVM is still not selling out at $99 and this set hardly stays in at $69.99 and is already double on Amazon and $50 over retail on ebay.

Not sure how many combos I did with 1 SW and 1 SW Advent during double points and Toy Workshop.  That got you $30 off the 2 items right there so now you're at $60 for SW and $30 for SW Advent.  How is that not excellent flip potential???

You could of done it online if you didn't have a store near you.

0 flip potential?? Probably the best flip potential out there next to SW Advents for the holiday season.

Already sold 25 plus with another 25 ready to go. Built these up since they came out as this set has $$$ written all over it.

WVM is still not selling out at $99 and this set hardly stays in at $69.99 and is already double on Amazon and $50 over retail on ebay.

Not sure how many combos I did with 1 SW and 1 SW Advent during double points and Toy Workshop. That got you $30 off the 2 items right there so now you're at $60 for SW and $30 for SW Advent. How is that not excellent flip potential???

You could of done it online if you didn't have a store near you.

Agreed. But again some people don't want to flip unless it's a double.

That said...this set is hard to get multiples of in that type of qty unless you had scripts going they've hardly been in stock aside from lego

I just went to list this set on eBay and grabbed the description off of LEGO Shop at Home. The reviews are some of the worst I have seen for a set on TLG own website, at least I know they don't filter out the bad ones as usually they are always glowing rave reviews. If you go a few pages in there are some thorough negative reviews. That being said it will still sell.

We built one of these last weekend. There are a lot of interesting pieces in the set, many of which I've never really seen before and the design elements are quite creative. That said, it was a bit of an onerous build because there is very little symmetry or predictability in the design so you have to examine the instructions a bit more closely than other sets. In a way, that is a good thing, but I also found it to be a bit tiresome as well. The end result is a cool Christmas decorative set but I did feel a little ripped off in the end because the piece count is inflated by a ton of tiny pieces and the finished product is pretty small for an $90 CAD set. Some of the extra pieces are uncommon though which is cool; there's an extra Santa beard, cookies, magic wand, bow, star, translucent flames, etc.

Investment wise I don't see any reason to think it won't be a winner when its retirement day comes, whenever that will be.

Edited by bricketycricket

I just went to list this set on eBay and grabbed the description off of LEGO Shop at Home. The reviews are some of the worst I have seen for a set on TLG own website, at least I know they don't filter out the bad ones as usually they are always glowing rave reviews. If you go a few pages in there are some thorough negative reviews. That being said it will still sell.

What I find interesting is that pictures, reviews, etc. can be found/researched before a set is purchased.  Some reviewers claim to even do this, then purchase the set anyway and complain about the size.  WTH???  Did you think Lego was going to send you a bigger set with more detail?

• Like 3

What I find interesting is that pictures, reviews, etc. can be found/researched before a set is purchased. Some reviewers claim to even do this, then purchase the set anyway and complain about the size. WTH??? Did you think Lego was going to send you a bigger set with more detail?

People will always complain even over the littlest things. This is the smallest set (from the Winter line) in awhile. If you want a double-sized workshop and 8 reindeer you can surprisingly buy two sets! :sarcasm:

I think part of it is, is that the last two were also pretty impressive with the size, specialty parts/colors and general functionality. So that could play into it to.

Edited by Stevenplays

People will always complain even over the littlest things. This is the smallest set (from the Winter line) in awhile. If you want a double-sized workshop and 8 reindeer you can surprisingly buy two sets! :sarcasm:

I think part of it a is, is that the last two were also pretty impressive with the size, specialty parts/colors and general functionality. So that could play into it to.

Need 3 sets for the whole 9 reindeer. Purist. LOL

PS I know original 1823 poem had no Rudolph

• Like 1

Just grabbed my limit of 1 and threw on 2 DC keychains for the Jor El poly. I am actually gonna rock the Joker keychain, cause I am getting the rep as the LEGO guy at work. Hopefully you guys are right and Santa's will flip for $120-150 this year. My poor stock room is overflowing and I still have tons more coming in. Can't wait to start moving all the flips in a week or so.

Just built this set.  First WV.  Overall I think it's nice.  My wife loves it and she usually doesn't get excited over Lego.  I agree that it wasn't the most fun to build, though I liked the little toy making machine.  I think the complaining is coming from those who were spoiled by the larger Cottage and Market sets.  It's thirty bucks cheaper and still provides a fairly complete model.  Sure, a small kitchen for Mrs. Clause to bake cookies in and a bigger study for Santa would have been nice but not necessarily worth having a higher price point over.

$150 would be nice but we will see.  I picked up the last one at my Lego store and the box looked like it had been dropped.  I'll list all of mine tomorrow at $150 when I wake up and see what happens.  The Tumber was out at my store and it doesn't look like they'll be back till the new year.  I was surprised to see a dozen t1 campers there too.

Is it likely this set simply go out of stock never to be made again after Christmas?

I just don't see how this could continue to sell in Lego stores during the rest of the year like the other winter sets.

I also wonder given the size of this set whether there will be a follow up addition to it in 2015.

The addition could be standalone or combined with this set.