10245 - Santa's Workshop

biniou

Does anyone think this should be set that should be snapped up quickly whilst in stock or with Lego produce plenty on units for this?

Won't surprise me at all if this is sold out before Christmas.  I also have never seen it restocked once it sold out for the year either.  History says that when it's gone for the year, it's gone.

• Like 1

There's something that disturbs me, I have to share the odd feelings I have.

WV was composed by houses. Only houses.

Then, came the "market". To me it seemed a little disturbing (but it's ok, don't misunderstand me).

And now, another house... but it's like the "ultimate" one, with the "final big boss" (santa).

My point is: what kind of set can be released after that ? I don't know, but certainly any new set would seem disappointing after santa's workshop. It will be hard to do someting both more popular and good looking, unless it would be a 1500 pcs set (maybe a ski resort ?).

My point is: is there a possibility that that theme will be over after this one, replaced with something new ? (but not "that" different)

No more "winter village" sets but "Frozen nature" or "Xmas in a house" (every year, a new room: kitchen, dinning room, etc.)

I wonder if this can be possible... (certainly not, but I still have a slight doubt in my mind...)

Tons of stuff. Some are dumb ideas.

Corner bar with a snowy roof (ha), big winter zoo, , 1950s style gas / petrol station (holiday gas stations stuff used to be very popular here), city hall, hotel, revised holiday train, ginger bread holiday house, doc's office, set with a hill for kids sliding down with sleds, etc...

There's something that disturbs me, I have to share the odd feelings I have.

WV was composed by houses. Only houses.

Then, came the "market". To me it seemed a little disturbing (but it's ok, don't misunderstand me).

And now, another house... but it's like the "ultimate" one, with the "final big boss" (santa).

My point is: what kind of set can be released after that ? I don't know, but certainly any new set would seem disappointing after santa's workshop. It will be hard to do someting both more popular and good looking, unless it would be a 1500 pcs set (maybe a ski resort ?).

My point is: is there a possibility that that theme will be over after this one, replaced with something new ? (but not "that" different)

No more "winter village" sets but "Frozen nature" or "Xmas in a house" (every year, a new room: kitchen, dinning room, etc.)

I wonder if this can be possible... (certainly not, but I still have a slight doubt in my mind...)

• Like 1

what kind of set can be released after that ?

First thing comes to mind is a Gingerbread House even if that goes far into the realm of fantasy I suppose. However, my army of Gingerbread Men needs a place to call home and such a thing would look fantastical beside Santa's place of work. Another idea would be something for the Yetis.

Yes, Lego will produce a high number of these sets. I do think demand will exceed supply on this set though. It may be gone well before Xmas this year. I wouldn't want to be caught without it if it doesn't come back next year. I will buy 2-3 just to be safe.

Every one of these has had at least a 2 year seasonal run.  Santa won't be any different.  I'm not saying don't buy any this year, but it will be back in 2015.  If there was every one that would not come back, it would have been the Market with its lousy sales.

A nativity scene would be awesome, but it's impossible for some obvious reasons (no religions in legos). I predict world war III if they do. :vinsent:

I would like to see a church but again, same problem here.

of course the advent calendar ends at 25 for a reason...

and there was that issue of the mosque errrr