10245 - Santa's Workshop

biniou

• 3 weeks later...

Two questions:

For resale, would it be better to focus on acquiring more 40106 or the next WV promo?

Also, do you think it would be beneficial to bundle 40106 with Santa's Workshop, (as 40106 is basically an extension of SW), or would selling them separate be the way to go?

Personally I like 40106 as it pairs perfect with the SW.  I've sold a few bundles already at $115 dlvd.  There will be a ton more of 40106 in existence as its for the whole month and a ton were given out from everyone stocking up on exclusives.  It does sell on its own though but think you will get more value out of it in bundles this late in the game.  Sold about 20 in the $19-25 range of 40106 throughout the month of October and feel now they will do better holding and bundled during late November / Early December. 

Can also throw in a current city Advent which goes well also and makes a higher dollar bundle.  All very light and low shipping.

The next one (2/2) goes pretty good with WVM. 

• Like 1

Any idea what this thing will go for during x-mas time? Seems to be shipping even later date than expected on lego store.

I'm not sure to understand your post ("what this thing will go" ?).

I think it will do ok ($$$-ly speaking), medium I would say. Problem is that people will forget it quickly, nothing striking. Quick flip is the key to make some profit with this one IMO.

Here in Europe it's still available.

I think it's a nice set to have and the elves, santa and mrs. santa give it a little boost.

I don't know how it will perform but might do alright since it has got some nice features.

Wouldn't buy 10 of them though...

I think this thing will be gold from here on out (well, minus the whole springs/summer thing)

I called and apparently it's just a website issue. The representative was able to put a mock order through and it came up as backordered until Nov.

Now if we can BrickPicker through the next batch in November, there will be a shortage and flips can be made!

I bought one just in case it gets backordered closer to Christmas, and then I'll try to sell for a modest profit (as well as the double VIP and promo set proceeds)