10245 - Santa's Workshop

biniou

Just curious if this is a start to a new holiday line / series as they dropped the "winter village" that was attached to the others. I know they all go hand in hand just wondering if the next few will be themed more towards santa related sets.

Maybe "Winter Village" is done. It looks like 10425 is just a holiday set, like 10173 was.

Let's try this again:

I was browsing S @ H and noticed this set only has 2.7 rating. I read through some of the comments and was just :shocked: by the amount of 1 brick ratings.

Do you guys take S @ H ratings into consideration when buying sets ?

http://click.linksynergy.com/link?id=jfOcdvfTNg4&offerid=115554.10235&type=15&murl=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.lego.com%2Fen-US%2Fsanta-s-workshop-10245

Edited by Darth_Raichu

I think the ratings are a bit skewed right now.  Give the set some time, people like to bash items out of the gate.  It might not be open the same level of the Xbox One and PS4 launch, but if you looked at the ratings on these items on Amazon at launch, they were both below 2.5 Stars because people were intentionally bashing the other system.

Let's try this again:

I was browsing S @ **** and noticed this set only has 2.7 rating. I read through some of the comments and was just :shocked: by the amount of 1 brick ratings.

Do you guys take S @ **** ratings into consideration when buying sets ?

http://click.linksynergy.com/link?id=jfOcdvfTNg4&offerid=115554.10235&type=15&murl=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.lego.com%2Fen-US%2Fsanta-s-workshop-10245

Amazon reviews hold more merit than the Lego ones for me the majority of the time, but the one hesitation I've had with buying this one is the size. And from now reading the reviews, it seems that it being such a small workshop is a common complaint with the set.  So it is having an impact on me now as I might pass on it for my own collection.

I tend to read a few reviews and understand why people are disappointed by a particular set, whether it be for building or investment purposes.

I think that, in this case, the sample is just too small to draw any conclusions.

Also, that 2.7 rating was obtained during VIP early-access, so there's a chance the people posting the reviews are a little more hardcore than the average LEGO fan! 

Let's try this again:

I was browsing S @ **** and noticed this set only has 2.7 rating. I read through some of the comments and was just :shocked: by the amount of 1 brick ratings.

Do you guys take S @ **** ratings into consideration when buying sets ?

I saw that too.  With all the video reviews you can watch for a given set, I don't understand the complaints.  You can easily research what you're getting and keep your expectations in check.

I don't put any stock in those ratings.

After actually read all of the reviews on the Workshop, I had to agree the rating was skewed. Some of those reviews were created before the pre-release date. How did they rate something objectively without actually build the set :P ?

Obviously, Lego should throw price to the side, cater only to adults, and build 2,500+ piece sets only,  That way every model can be as grand as these reviewers think they should be.

• Like 1

I do - they drive online commerce for a reason. But I read with a discerning eye.

I void sycophants and die hards (like they r nailing the 95 theses on the door) as egress.

Reviews are the consumer's Id on display. Valuable data.

In this case the first reviews were from die hards disappointed the value was < past yr products. Then came new consumers happy with the offering.

IMO no way Santa Mrs. Claus and reindeer (w/Rudolph nose not pictured) lose in future resale mkt. Plus toy machine is cool.

I agree with Tilted in that the reviews thus far seem to have been from more demanding lego fans. That being said I do have to agree with the comments in the reviews. Of all the sets to pair down to lower the cost I don't think Santa's workshop is the place to do it. It's an iconic structure that TLG could have gone in the opposite direction on and added a "haunted house" level of detail for. The set design was obviously driven by a target price range and paid dearly for it. (pardon the pun)

While I like the lower price I think that last years set Winter Village Market is far supperior and was fun to build.

Another point for the reviews was adding Santas Workshop to a winter village collection. This is also something I plan to do and I agree with other reviewers in that Santas Workshop will seem like an after thought when combining it with previous years sets.

Edited by pstebbing

I pre-ordered this set with VIP. Not sure why I did. I should have just waited until this month and got them with double vip. Is there really any point to pre-order unless you just want to build it yourself now?

i preordered two also along with two Star Wars advents just to get more spacemen ... haha

Guest TabbyBoy

How long do the winter village sets usually stay in circulation? 2 yearsish?

Since the resurrection of the WVM, it's anyone's guess.

Did anyone take note the limit number for 10245 has changed to 1?

The last few Winter Village sets availability (according to brickset) show up as oct of one year till dec of the of the following year (~15 months).

If you take that as gospel then everyone should be stocking up on Winter Village Market this fall and Santa's Workshop next fall.

However, since we really don't know what will happen it is always good to be with stock than without.  If this set is back in stock next fall...I will be loading up on it for sure.  SO far only (5) in my inventory all in hand.

This set, in my OPINION, will be an easy triple or close to it for the 2016 Christmas holiday season.  Grain of salt here.

Did anyone take note the limit number for 10245 has changed to 1?

The last few Winter Village sets availability (according to brickset) show up as oct of one year till dec of the of the following year (~15 months).

If you take that as gospel then everyone should be stocking up on Winter Village Market this fall and Santa's Workshop next fall.

However, since we really don't know what will happen it is always good to be with stock than without.  If this set is back in stock next fall...I will be loading up on it for sure.  SO far only (5) in my inventory all in hand.

This set, in my OPINION, will be an easy triple or close to it for the 2016 Christmas holiday season.  Grain of salt here.

Interesting

I just backordered 2 this morning on it.

So between about 11am and now they switched it down to 1 per household.

I guess that means they are not going to be able to keep up with supply.

Hope to pair with Set 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 and markup considerably this Christmas.

More WVM's for this Christmas first.