10245 - Santa's Workshop

biniou

In a year ...guys they're not making this set for 6 months and retiring it ..lol

Are "withdraw" and "retire" synonyms in english ?

I meant "temporarily", of course.

Yes, 99% chances to see this set again on October/November 2015 on the LEGO Shop at Home.

And 0.0001% chances that it'll be avaible this summer...

I wonder about availability because I would like to buy another one, but I don't know if I can wait up to January to get the free polybag. If it's out of the LEGO Shop at Home on Jan. 1st (00:01 AM) it would be a bit annoying. And on the other side the flower cart is a $10/15 money maker.

Edited by biniou

Are "withdraw" and "retire" synonyms in english ?

I meant "temporarily", of course.

Yes, 99% chances to see this set again on October/November 2015 on the LEGO Shop at Home.

And 0.0001% chances that it'll be avaible this summer...

I wonder about availability because I would like to buy another one, but I don't know if I can wait up to January to get the free polybag. If it's out of the LEGO Shop at Home on Jan. 1st (00:01 AM) it would be a bit annoying. And on the other side the flower cart is a $10/15 money maker.

what biniou said.

There is currently 30% off this at Lego Shop at Home in EU / Asia, together with all the retiring products.

Not in every european country. Well, not in mine.

Limit has gone up to 5 (was 1) but no discount.

(european LEGO Shop at Home share the same stock for its countries but not the same prices and discount policies...)

This set is sold out BTW.

See ya on Xmas 2015 !

(it might be interesting to resell some on september/october 2015 and buy again some on Xmas 2015)

Edited by biniou

Not in every european country. Well, not in mine.

Limit has gone up to 5 (was 1) but no discount.

(european LEGO Shop at Home share the same stock for its countries but not the same prices and discount policies...)

This set is sold out BTW.

See ya on Xmas 2015 !

(it might be interesting to resell some on september/october 2015 and buy again some on Xmas 2015)

Just an FYI.. I got some from the first batch TRU offered in early Sept. but only sold 1 between that time and Black Friday. I had them on AZ and eBay for very little profit just to try to get some attention but no luck. Worked out really well in the end, but not sure there is much of a market for these that early in the year.

• Like 1

So why do you think Lego Shop at Home has 30% off this set? Seems odd considering it should last until at least Christmas in 2015. All other discounted sets are on their way out. Any theories why this is?

Its basic stock management for companies especially retail. It would be more beneficial for LEGO to clear out their Christmas line on a yearly basis to save on the various costs relating to shelving the units until Christmas comes along again. The WMV retired at the start of Jan 14 for Europe and was brought back closer to Christmas, so as far as I can tell it will be the same thing.

• Like 1

How many did you guys buy of this set with this 30% discount? For now I bought 5, is it wise to get 10 more?

I've ordered 5 over multiple orders to get 3 free flower carts. I'm not sure if the ban hammer exists yet in Europe / Asia... one way to find out.  :taunt:

I've bought 6 total, 1 being for myself (and maybe the kids). They sold really well in Australia, but this may of been due to because of its first appearance. 

I'll see how they go next Christmas, and if they perform the same I'll order some more at retail as I made a good profit margin.