10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

One example doesn't necessarily mean it never is. There are times where it goes out right when the product is gone. No one really thought desert skiff was going either, so obviously you have to use your best judgement.

Annnnnnnd... my best judgement is that this set is coming back. Considering the majority of intel has said that its going at the END of the year. Not in August or September...

Annnnnnnd... my best judgement is that this set is coming back. Considering the majority of intel has said that its going at the END of the year. Not in August or September...

I am not sure why you are quoting me - I was just talking about Amazon in general - nothing to do with this current set. The examples were about Amazon in general.

lowillsw, on 05 Aug 2013 - 2:32 PM, said:snapback.png

There is no correlation on Amazon to gauge if anything is going EOL or not.  Desert Skiff was out for almost 3 months, they went back in stock a few days ago.

One example doesn't necessarily mean it never is. There are times where it goes out right when the product is gone. No one really thought desert skiff was going either, so obviously you have to use your best judgement.

I have not seen any Lego set that's been out of stock for a prolong period of time like the skiff.  The big ticket items (any set 149 or above), would be back within 2 weeks after it runs out at the longest.  My point being if it's gone for more than a few weeks on Amazon, BE very afraid.

• Like 1

lowillsw, on 05 Aug 2013 - 2:32 PM, said:snapback.png

I have not seen any Lego set that's been out of stock for a prolong period of time like the skiff.  The big ticket items (any set 149 or above), would be back within 2 weeks after it runs out at the longest.  My point being if it's gone for more than a few weeks on Amazon, BE very afraid.

Exactly. No one is saying its 100 percent, just something to watch for.

People should watch every single movement in the retail market. I would be very careful about discarding any kind of inventory or sales data from the big LEGO retailers just like that.

It just add to the overall picture and gives you a better look at the bigger picture.

Definitely. Saying it doesn't matter at all is very short sited.

Amazon is more important than Walmart and target - they don't have shelves so they keep everything in stock if they can.

Definitely. Saying it doesn't matter at all is very short sited.

Amazon is more important than Walmart and target - they don't have shelves so they keep everything in stock if they can.

That's right they don't have selves in stores. But they sure have shelves in their warehouses.

You know thats not the same thing. Walmart havin one isle of Lego is not Amazon have 1000s of warehouses full of items.

Oh so a chain that has hundreds of brick and mortar stores that have shelving on the sales floor and in the back is not the same as a company that has no where near the square footage of space compared to these other retailers and only has warehouses. Ok.

Oh so a chain that has hundreds of brick and mortar stores that have shelving on the sales floor and in the back is not the same as a company that has no where near the square footage of space compared to these other retailers and only has warehouses. Ok.

You should try not to be so sarcastic like you are always smarter than someone else. maybe if you opened your eyes to valid opinions, you wouldn't have to be so combative all the time. advice.

To explain for you, walmart is clearancing all LOTR sets. They are gone off the shelves most places. Yet they aren't retired and wont be till near the end of the year probably. And I guarantee you they will be on Amazon until right around then. 

Its just an opinion either way. Feel free to disagree - you should just try not to completely discount everyone elses.

You should try not to be so sarcastic like you are always smarter than someone else. maybe if you opened your eyes to valid opinions, you wouldn't have to be so combative all the time. advice.

To explain for you, walmart is clearancing all LOTR sets. They are gone off the shelves most places. Yet they aren't retired and wont be till near the end of the year probably. And I guarantee you they will be on Amazon until right around then. 

Its just an opinion either way. Feel free to disagree - you should just try not to completely discount everyone elses.

I'm not discounting everyone. I never do. And I don't always discount you... Only where I see fit. This is one of them. You of all people should know others have various opinions. This is the Internet man.

Anyway, I am saying tht just because a set is out of stock on amazon does not mean anything in particular. Minecraft was out of stock for months. That sucker is still around. Also, remember that Amazon said TB would be back in stock?

Interestingly, amazon initially had an "in stock August 12th" comment for tb, and now it's reading "no longer available from this seller"

That is normal. They do not keep the return date up forever. They keep it up for a day or two and then switch to the message it has now. They do this with Minecraft too.

I know the TB EOL has been endlessly speculated on, but it's out of stock at LEGO Shop at Home, out of stock at Amazon, and Target.com has bumped their price up to $299.09.

What's going on??

A week ago there was 999+ on Amazon. Either some news leaked real quick that this is officially EOL soon or Amazon's 999+ is not reliable for how many sets are truly in stock or Amazon purposely removed even though they still have inventory for whatever reason. I am starting to reconsider how reliable that 999+ is on Amazon esp when the number stays that way for months, years.

Re: Target - I hope they are not turning into TRU. They also marked up 7939 Cargo Train to $221.99.

I'm buying the TB now. I need one more set to get to my target of 3.