10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

I'm still debating what to do with this Lego 10% off coupon I got from the catalog...I already have 2 7965 Falcon's, unfortunately only one HH, but I want to grab either a Fire Brigade or a SSD because I don't have any...the thing is that I'm hinging my chances on the theory that the SSD's could see another sale or significant discount before they are gone, while I feel like the FB's won't. How do others feel about this? Do you think the FB is less likely to see a sale and more likely to dissapear faster, or the SSD? I feel like if both of these sets somehow failed on the secondary market (yeah right) than I'd have more fun opening and building the FB...so I'm leaning that direction for that reason as well.

I'm still debating what to do with this Lego 10% off coupon I got from the catalog...I already have 2 7965 Falcon's, unfortunately only one HH, but I want to grab either a Fire Brigade or a SSD because I don't have any...the thing is that I'm hinging my chances on the theory that the SSD's could see another sale or significant discount before they are gone, while I feel like the FB's won't. How do others feel about this? Do you think the FB is less likely to see a sale and more likely to dissapear faster, or the SSD? I feel like if both of these sets somehow failed on the secondary market (yeah right) than I'd have more fun opening and building the FB...so I'm leaning that direction for that reason as well.

What's the downside to saving $40 instead of $15? If you are confident both sets will do well and can afford either set, why not pocket an extra $25? If the SSD sales comes, then invest in a second and save and additional $40-50.

As far as buying what you like, I'm not a huge fan of that strategy since it artificially limits your investment pool. Just my thoughts, though, feel free to invest in your own style.

As far as buying what you like, I'm not a huge fan of that strategy since it artificially limits your investment pool. Just my thoughts, though, feel free to invest in your own style.

You have a good point.  There's a famous bias in investing the "home bias" where you invest primarily in your own company's stock or the stock of everyday items you use and sometimes that can lead to a bad investment mix.

I realize I can't predict the market so I buy things like Unimog that I wouldn't ever buy for myself.

Don't beat yourself up over those returns on the midi scale, that is really good. I don't think those will get much higher in price. A lot of people, myself included think that midi scales are garbage.

I liked them for what they were, just wish I had bought more when they were on clearance. Then again, I have said that about a lot of things

THe Falcon 7965 is still be made til the end of 2013, don't worry Toys R Us are get boxes of them in now, and I suspect Target will get them to. Get as many as you can, 2014 Christmas the price should be in the low $200 range and after that UP UP and UP, everybody wants a Falcon, the last Falcon, not the 10179 was junk, but the 7965 is a great set. I have 65 , paid $85-100 on each one. and I am willing to pay about $115 for them now. A theory on only having a few good sets, well the mail thing if say Pete has 5 Potter castle's well alot of people are afraid of selling all 5, they no they won't get them back, so it upsets me, and Pete that we sold all 5 Castle's.   Ed

Why don't you like UNIMOG? Are you not into techic? I think its pretty cool plus it a Mercedes $$$$$$$$$!

Mercedes. A car that is really quick on one lap, but very slow in the race. :D

THe Falcon 7965 is still be made til the end of 2013, don't worry Toys R Us are get boxes of them in now, and I suspect Target will get them to. Get as many as you can, 2014 Christmas the price should be in the low $200 range and after that UP UP and UP, everybody wants a Falcon, the last Falcon, not the 10179 was junk, but the 7965 is a great set. I have 65 , paid $85-100 on each one. and I am willing to pay about $115 for them now. A theory on only having a few good sets, well the mail thing if say Pete has 5 Potter castle's well alot of people are afraid of selling all 5, they no they won't get them back, so it upsets me, and Pete that we sold all 5 Castle's.   Ed

65?? All parked in your own underground spaceport?

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm in the UK and the Tower Bridge and Fire Station are available to order in large quantities from Lego UK.  Their price is RRP so, I bought 10x Tower Bridge kits at

That's why Spain went out of stock :)

I heard that TB is around to at least the end of the year.

VWC is hard to find. Relatively. It's at the Lego stores and places like John Lewis. But not at the main stack 'em high sell 'me cheap retailers. The eBay price reflects this. I suspect it will rise after EOL. Whenever that will be...