10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

I remember a bunch of people asking the same about the IS a while back. Most of those people missed the boat. They woke up one morning and it was gone and the price shot up. Not quite that fast but y'all get what I'm saying. If you have the money why not get it now? Is 20 or 30 bucks really worth possibly missing out. I paid retail the ones I have months ago. Some would call that stupid, so be it but at least come EOL I won't have to be wasting my time and gas scrambling around searching high and low like people were doing with the IS.

• Like 3

This will be the true test of the emazers sources. :-)

I have to say, emazers has been really reliable.  Thanks again...

I'm in for a couple Tower Bridge's this week.  I need to figure something out to get my hands on a few SSD's.  $400 a pop is quite a bit to tie up.

Confirming EOL off the catalog is a waste of time.  Not to poop on anything emazers said, it is really just common sense that these sets are getting retired.  Every Lego set gets retired with the exception of the 10188, so how hard is it to take a guess about retirement dates?

• Like 2

Would be very surprised if Tower Bridge and SSD were NOT retired by the end of the year: no big news here.  I'm still not buying haunted house going away anytime soon: if anything, I see this set as having a longer than expected life not a shorter than expected life: I'm not a big fan of tying up a lot of cash for potentially years before the set even sees EOL.  A few sets to hedge your bets?  Yes.  "Stocking Up" because you think the end is near: probably not the wisest move.

I am split on the HH. On one hand the set is an absolute rock star so from a single set perspective it makes no sense for then to stop making them. But from a MF line perspective it does ... it may end up costing LEGO more to dedicate production lines to bricks only found in this set rather than free them up for full theme production. I have 0 HH btw so I am really, really hoping on no retirement until after holidays. I may hedge a few just in case.

While I am skeptical of all Lego rumors there is no reason to doubt a person that is openly trying to help.  Emazers has nothing to gain by trying to help which I think is exactly what he is doing.  I wonder why he shares any of his inside information at all with potential competition.  That being said, by now and regret later.  With a Lego store receipt you can ride the rumor for a good amount of time and return it if the rumors turn out to be false, no harm done then.

• Like 1

I think most regular readers on this board would agree that things that emazers posts about EOL's is a little more than just a guess.  :)

What's the big deal about knowing EOL anyway?  Shouldn't many of you already have invested in these sets that are nearing EOL instead of running around like chickens with no heads at the thought of it?  As experienced Lego investors, you all know that every set is going to be retired, it's just a matter of whether or not it will appreciate enough to make you a profit.  

I can see i t now, many of you rushing out to pay $400 for a SSD when it sold for $300 a year ago or a Tower Bridge for $240 when they were available at $180 about the same time period.  :haha: 

• Like 3

What's the big deal about knowing EOL anyway?  Shouldn't many of you already have invested in these sets that are nearing EOL instead of running around like chickens with no heads at the thought of it?  As experienced Lego investors, you all know that every set is going to be retired, it's just a matter of whether or not it will appreciate enough to make you a profit.  

I can see i t now, many of you rushing out to pay $400 for a SSD when it sold for $300 a year ago or a Tower Bridge for $240 when they were available at $180 about the same time period.  :haha: 

The issue is storage space. It is alot easier to hold large sets like this for a shorter period of time. Just ask anyone who bought several death stars at the two year mark...

The thing about waiting for eol rumors is, your money isn't tied up for too long. If you bought a tower bridge a year and a half ago, that's $200 +/- that's just been sitting in your closet. Maybe if a guy had put $500 into fire brigades, he couldn't afford black pearls last year, so he missed out on 70% ROIs.

Also, as far as every Lego set being retired... Prove it :)

EOL isn't everything, but it is quite a bit: everyone has limitations (the two biggest being space and money).  Buying sets at retail a month before EOL and then selling them during the Christmas buying season will get you a lot more money in the end than buying a newly issued set and then having to sit on it for three years.  Even with discounts factored in, you will be able to make money doing the first because you can complete 2 or 3 buying and selling cycles in the same time as it takes to complete 1 in the first scenario.

• Like 1