10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

I reckon the Tower Bridge set will steadily climb overall - perhaps we may even see a bit of a 'jump' in prices now that the Olympic Rings are hanging from it in London. It is the next set on my list. I'd also expect the Eiffel Tower and Taj Mahal to continue their impressive gains as the desirability of these sets continues. If only I'd picked them up some time ago...

I reckon the Tower Bridge set will steadily climb overall - perhaps we may even see a bit of a 'jump' in prices now that the Olympic Rings are hanging from it in London. It is the next set on my list.

I'd also expect the Eiffel Tower and Taj Mahal to continue their impressive gains as the desirability of these sets continues. If only I'd picked them up some time ago...

I agree with this. The BIG sets always appreciate well.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest idunno101

I reckon the Tower Bridge set will steadily climb overall - perhaps we may even see a bit of a 'jump' in prices now that the Olympic Rings are hanging from it in London. It is the next set on my list.

I'd also expect the Eiffel Tower and Taj Mahal to continue their impressive gains as the desirability of these sets continues. If only I'd picked them up some time ago...

I agree now that the bridge was part of the olympics many people will want this maybe to hang their own rings on the bridge. And the eiffel tower, and taj mahal will probably be one of the most valuable sets, now I feel sad that I got into buying lego after these were discontinued :(

I agree now that the bridge was part of the olympics many people will want this maybe to hang their own rings on the bridge. And the eiffel tower, and taj mahal will probably be one of the most valuable sets, now I feel sad that I got into buying lego after these were discontinued :(I like the Olympic rings idea. Now that you mention it, LEGO missed out on a perfect opportunity to sell an Olympic Collectors Tower Bridge with special 'rings' and box(and other extras). Could have been cool.

Yeah I totally agree a Tower Bridge Olympic Ring edition would have been sweet, or a London Eye or even a full size Big Ben, ahh the possibilities are endless! Im such a big fan of the Tower Bridge, Eiffel Tower, Taj Mahal, etc. All very cool sets, I wonder what big landmark sets we may see in the future?

I agree now that the bridge was part of the olympics many people will want this maybe to hang their own rings on the bridge. And the eiffel tower, and taj mahal will probably be one of the most valuable sets, now I feel sad that I got into buying lego after these were discontinued :(I like the Olympic rings idea. Now that you mention it, LEGO missed out on a perfect opportunity to sell an Olympic Collectors Tower Bridge with special 'rings' and box(and other extras). Could have been cool.

• 1 month later...

I have not looked at every single topic so I apologize if someone has already asked this question.....What is everyone's take on this set? I don't know what to think yet. It has been available since 2010, should I jump on this one? Thoughts????

1.) I would pick one or a couple up fairly soon as I feel it will definitely do well in the aftermarket

2.) I have no idea when these are predicted to go EOL

3.) Has anyone heard any predicitions on when this set is suppose to go EOL???

You should absolutely jump on this set for investments purposes; it's a set that will almost undoubtedly appreciate extremely well. Whether you should get it now or not is another question, since I'm not sure when it will be discontinued, but it's been out for about 2 years now, so maybe it's time.

This...

Amazon is the better deal if you take into account TAXES and shipping. I do not believe there is FREE shipping on Walmart for the 10221.

I ordered an SSD this morning and it was free shipping to your local Walmart. You then have to drive to your local Walmart to pick it up when it arrives. If you don't do local pick up, then yes they charge you shipping from what I understand. Fortunately I have a Walmart just a 5 minute drive away. I do not know how well they ship as it's my first time using Walmart.com for purchasing Lego, so I'm praying everything is okay.

Just pulled the trigger on R2 and the SSD.....with tax and shipping plus my discount total was $466 out the door. I'm not complaining. My son has been bugging me forever for a SSD. I can't wait to see the look on his face when it shows up. FWIW I ordered a QAR from Wal-Mart a few weeks ago and had it shipped. No problems. If you are leery about shipping then use the site-to-store option. They will text/email you when it arrives and you go pick it up. Easy-peasy.

Just pulled the trigger on R2 and the SSD.....with tax and shipping plus my discount total was $466 out the door.

I'm not complaining. My son has been bugging me forever for a SSD. I can't wait to see the look on his face when it shows up.

FWIW I ordered a QAR from Wal-Mart a few weeks ago and had it shipped. No problems.

If you are leery about shipping then use the site-to-store option. They will text/email you when it arrives and you go pick it up. Easy-peasy.

Your son is going to be one happy camper!! And $466 out the door for those 2 sets is one great deal, thats $580 worth of lego at the Lego store and thats not even including tax, and the gas you spent to get there ;)