10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

I do appreciate the info you've passed along.  I'm not wading into the debate over how important EOL information really is or isn't. I can only speak for myself and say that I'm going to stock up on SSDs, Tower Bridges (can't get enough of 'em due to the high parts count) and Helm's Deeps if a modest discount occurs--heck, probably the HH as well.  So EOL tips are very important to me.  :music:

I really appreciate the info you've been giving us Ed and I always look forward to hearing what you have to say. I don't have a lot of capital to invest at the moment but I'll be on the look out a lot more to pick up at least 1 SSD before they're gone.

Well, looks like some of you like my info and some don't, I am a easy going guy so what you think of my Post its OK with me, there have been thousands of rumors floating around, But the info I got well 6 months ago I said a new big X-wing and big Ewock village was coming and most didn't believe me, and I gave you guys info on whats retiring from the Wholesale Form that my buddy sent me, so he says the memo says at least SSDS,Tower Bridge and Fire Brigade are done, Death Star has 2014 next to it, which sucks. The 10220 Volkswagen had a ? mark next to it, and the Haunted House was scratched out "Whatever that means" now there is 6 months to the end of the year and anything can happen.But I figured you guys might like the hint that these should be retiring, instead of hearing about it in October and most of you are broke and then really can't stock up on a few of these sets. Even now just save your money and hope some sales pop up on these, Hopefully Black Friday have the SSDS for $275. But I think the SSDS and the Tower Bridge will do very well after Retiring. The Sets I am buying are the.

1-haunted House

2-Tower Bridge

3-SSDS only if it goes on sale

4-SW Falcon "retiring"

5-FRigate "retiring

6-Nijango "Nijango Epic battle" Retiring

I am done buy VC and Helm's Deep have to many now.

7-Volkswagen Camper 10220

8-Friends Olivia's House & Summer Riding Camp

9-No Hurry for the batman arkham Asylm, its out until 2015

So go back and bash the post or maybe some will hope its right Ed

Dont worry Emazers you give great info which everyone appreciates, the debate is not about bashing your effort of giving info but rather about the general EOLmania ;)

If i recall correctly haunted House was available for like 135$ before you gave this info in US. So any US guy who did not buy any is now on ''heavy'' loss regardless of EOL info.

It goes same for Tower bridge and SSD.

thats the debate about.

''Is it worth picking sets at retail or slight discount a month or 2 before EOL OR is it better pulling triggers on sets when they hit certain percentage of discount even if thats in the early or mid life cycle(expected)''

Sadly noone has a good answer that would be backed up mathematically and financially 

I'm looking forward to buying a whole lot of T1 Campers on Black Friday. It was the best seller in my local Lego store last Christmas :) Although, I wonder if it might be gone sooner than that. It released in Sep 2011, so two years is coming up fast. Some advanced models go after a year and a half. And now, there's a ? on Ed's info...

Actually, the SSD, Tower Bridge, and the Fire Brigade could all be gone before Black Friday. There are numerous rumors about Lego stores no longer refreshing their stocks of these sets. There are more UCS sets and modulars on shelves at once than ever before. The gossip about the upcoming Sydney Opera House suggests the Tower Bridge will retire this year.

You could say it would be unusual for Lego to retire three big sets in the middle of summer. But stores only have so much real estate, and there will new, big sets fighting for space well before christmas.

Hi, First thing to say is many thanks to emazers for the info. If other members value the info or not is up to yourselves, but I would much rather have his input and then be able to decide for myself if I act on it or not, than to not have the info at all - keep it coming please.

Secondly, in terms of EOL and strategy and when to buy or not, surely everyone can have their own strategy and goals that benefit themselves personally dependant on their own circumstances. Some of the posts in this topic are sounding like there's a "you're wrong and I'm right" stance to them, which doesn't need to be the case. What's right for you might not be right for me etc - what benefit would there be if we were all acting like clones/drones and doing exactly the same thing at the same time for the same reason, leading to possible supply and demand issues and a market saturation.

I'll admit, I'm still learning as I've only been in the game for 4-6 months (yeah, that's right another noob jumping on the bandwagon and killing the hardcore investors profit potential and max yields), but your own strategy will reflect your own reasons for doing this and the income you can devote to it.

I have money to spend, but can't afford to hoard dozens of a set. Therefore I have about 60 sets excluding polybags, but only have 1-3 of most sets I own and have adopted multiple techniques to try and get out with a profit in the end - some may work some may not, but I don't see myself losing out on anything even if I break even on a few - after all I might as well put my spare money into this than have it sitting it in a savings account and getting only 1-2% a year back.

If you are happy buying something and making

Well, looks like some of you like my info and some don't, I am a easy going guy so what you think of my Post its OK with me, there have been thousands of rumors floating around, But the info I got well 6 months ago I said a new big X-wing and big Ewock village was coming and most didn't believe me, and I gave you guys info on whats retiring from the Wholesale Form that my buddy sent me, so he says the memo says at least SSDS,Tower Bridge and Fire Brigade are done, Death Star has 2014 next to it, which sucks. The 10220 Volkswagen had a ? mark next to it, and the Haunted House was scratched out "Whatever that means" now there is 6 months to the end of the year and anything can happen.But I figured you guys might like the hint that these should be retiring, instead of hearing about it in October and most of you are broke and then really can't stock up on a few of these sets. Even now just save your money and hope some sales pop up on these, Hopefully Black Friday have the SSDS for $275. But I think the SSDS and the Tower Bridge will do very well after Retiring. The Sets I am buying are the.

1-haunted House

2-Tower Bridge

4-SW Falcon "retiring"

5-FRigate "retiring

Keep the info coming Ed, I am still using your info from the past few weeks to buy the even numbered LOTR sets that should be going EOL about now (although they are still widely available in the UK).

The info about TB, FB, & SSD seems to backup what the staff at the local Lego store had heard as rumors. They reckoned those sets would be available to buy until approx the end of the year which seems right has these are slower moving lines which will take time to leave the shelves.

TB is discounted online though 30% off at Amazon.fr & Amazon.it

Appreciate the info emazer and your efforts.  To all the members that take the time to post info, deals, advice, rumours/speculations etc...it's all good reading and food for thought.  You don't have to believe everything you read and being critical of any source is important if you are an objective investor.  But at least respect other members.

Sorry to be a little off topic but since I'm here...anyone have an idea or thoughts on when the Kingdom's Chess set might be retiring?

Sorry to be a little off topic but since I'm here...anyone have an idea or thoughts on when the Kingdom's Chess set might be retiring?

Don't know for US/Canada, but in the UK it vanished earlier this year - tried to get one from Lego in Feb/March but it was gone and never came back.

I am not saying they are retiring these sets right now, I am sure they will be around for the Holidays, as most sets do retire at the end of the year, The main idea of this post is to don't wait to the last minute and try and get the SSDS and Tower Bridge, and I am sure there are likely to be a few other sets retiring. Unless you have tons of money or some coupons I wouldn't buy any of these sets yet.

• Like 4

I am not saying they are retiring these sets right now, I am sure they will be around for the Holidays, as most sets do retire at the end of the year, The main idea of this post is to don't wait to the last minute and try and get the SSDS and Tower Bridge, and I am sure there are likely to be a few other sets retiring. Unless you have tons of money or some coupons I wouldn't buy any of these sets yet.

I think you just summed up the point you were originally trying to make perfectly.

• Like 2

Yeah, and if we all go out and buy a bunch of everything, they will decide to keep it around for another year...

Lol, you might be on to something. Some people think we don't impact the market, but then you see these big sets sell out in minutes every time they go on sale.

• Like 2

1-haunted House

2-Tower Bridge

4-SW Falcon "retiring"

5-FRigate "retiring

I wasn't bashing your post.  If you thought so, my apologies.  The point I was trying to make was that EOL dates are overrated.  You, yourself, has bought multiples of these sets months or years ago at discounted prices, way ahead of EOL, so that tells me that to an experienced reseller like yourself, the buying price is more important  than the set going EOL.  Your information is more of a warning to people to get on the ball and buy the set now or lose out  and I understand this.  Thanks for your time.

• Like 2