10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

It had better not become another 10188. That would suck. Wouldn't really make that much sense either - seems like a much more "collectable" display type piece than the Death Star that has a bagillion minifigs. I have a Tower Bridge and there's just not much playability to it, plus it's a pain in the butt to move, so you would wonder why it's EOL would be 3 years. Figuring out Lego is like trying to figure out my wife - it's impossible.

Also, any else think a large scale Sydney Opera house is a dumb idea? I mean it was just released on the small scale Architecture series, and it just seems it would be a boring build. I think the next large scale build that would be cool would be Saint Peter's Basilica, Notre Dame, or the Sagrada Familia. Heck, even a doing the Kremlin would look much cooler than the Sydney Opera House.

Thumbs down to the opera house for me. Maybe in 30 years .. It doesn't have enough history yet.

Maybe they should release a Hagia Sophia to appease the disgruntled? Nah, it's ugly as sin from the outside.

Guest ph4tb0i

I can't say a lot here without compromising my sources; but I can say that LEGO just produced another run of the Tower Bridge

Guest ph4tb0i

I have two different Tower Bridge boxes now too. They each have a different piece count on them. Kind of cool. Lego said it was an internal error.

Yep. Just bought one and the piece count is now 4295 right on the box. I don't know why but the Lego store people told me that supposedly Lego made a new one as some pieces from the one set are now discontinued. Don't know if that makes the old tower bridge any rarer...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...