10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

I have just increased my collection of 10214 Tower Bridge sets and there are different boxes. Some have the details on the front of the box (age, no. of pieces etc) and some don't. I think this is just different box styles for different markets (US and EUR), but they were all bought from the same place, Amazon Italy. I read a post on something similar a while ago but i cant find it anymore. If anyone knows more, please let me know.

Guest ph4tb0i

Also, depending on the year produced (e.***. pre 2013 vs 2013) the piece count is different (4287 vs 4295) as Lego made a production change this year due to discontinued parts. 

European boxes have no peice count on them like the US boxes do. This is for all sets not just the TB. The consensus here is that it will not add or take away value from the set. I guess that means Amazon gets their sets from different places, some from US and some from European countries.

I'm sure I have boxes with piece count on them. They were all bought from with in the EU.

Of course I have been reading so much lego history and looking at pictures of boxes from throughout the decades my brain may have got a bit addled :)

I haven't been around here for a "Black Friday."  I assume you guys mean the Friday after Thanksgiving, but is this an official Lego promotion (and how many sets do they usually discount?) or are you talking about Black Friday sales that might show up at individual retailers like TRU, Walmart, Target, etc?

Update: Contacted Amazon by chat but they said they would have to check and get back to me. I then got an email response back saying they would just ship a replacement and to return the original.

Reading the above comments, I'm not sure if I'm disappointed that a discount was not offered instead, (as it's an investment piece), but I have emailed back suggesting such, so will see what they say, if anything.

At the end of the day, at worst I'll end up with what I expected when placing the order anyway so win win I suppose :)

Update: Contacted Amazon by chat but they said they would have to check and get back to me. I then got an email response back saying they would just ship a replacement and to return the original.

Reading the above comments, I'm not sure if I'm disappointed that a discount was not offered instead, (as it's an investment piece), but I have emailed back suggesting such, so will see what they say, if anything.

At the end of the day, at worst I'll end up with what I expected when placing the order anyway so win win I suppose :)

You should really call them instead during situations like this.

Chances are the replacement will have condition issues also due to the box size. Amazon's track record shipping larger sets just isn't good. Hence, I just started taking partial refunds when needed. I also take pictures just in case they ever need them (even for future reference). However, there are times when they surprise me and the boxes arrived in good to excellent condition.

• 3 weeks later...