10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

It was already done. The old tower bridge was 4287 pieces and the new one has 4295 pieces to account for some pieces that were out of production. I still think that they're on the last batch and one it's done it's EOL time. 

Let me get this correct...Everything is the same except for 8 extra pcs inside the box and the printing of the # of pcs.

I must have misunderstanded him, because i though he said a brand new bridge.

So. would the newer one with more pcs be worth more?

Since it's somewhat related to this, LEGO has to change the UPC number and item number on the underside of the box anytime the contents of the box are altered in any fashion.

They can change anything about the box itself (fixing a printing error, more efficiently sizing the box, changing the art highlights, etc) without changing the UPC or item numbers, so long as the product offered within hasn't been changed from the previous version.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

How does one get one of these gift books?  Sign me up :)

I think the coupons were part of a coupon/gift book sold in schools or by organizations (Boy Scouts, clubs, etc.).  It might have been an East Coast thing, since only 10 or so Lego stores honor them.  People were selling the Lego $5 and $20 off coupons on EBay for $5 - $10 dollars.

Take it with a grain of salt, but two guys at my store today told me that Ewok Village will replace Death Star and that Death Star, SSD, and Tower Bridge will retire at the end of the year.

They also said Haunted House would retire but I'm not sure seeing it alone with no other Monster Fighters at the store.

Take it with a grain of salt, but two guys at my store today told me that Ewok Village will replace Death Star and that Death Star, SSD, and Tower Bridge will retire at the end of the year.

They also said Haunted House would retire but I'm not sure seeing it alone with no other Monster Fighters at the store.

Sounds like they were hoping you'd drop $1200 in their store today... My store has told me the exact opposite on everything but TB. Everyone seems to agree that one will be gone by January.

Why does it matter if Amazon dont even have any to sell?

You can still buy 99 of each of these sets on lego UK

You're totally right. Amazon's stock has absolutely no bearing on worldwide supplies whatsoever. If they do sell out, you'd probably be safe waiting another 6 months or so before you invest.

• Like 2