10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

I don't no why people are at panic mode on the Tower Bridge, because Amazon ran out, but they said more on the way and Lego is getting more in, if the set does retire it won't be til the end of the year, I been buying Tower Bridges using VIP points or Lego Coupons and when Amazon had a sale or to in the last 2 years. And everybody has been reporting rumors about this person at Lego said this is retiring, The Death Star and SSDS are retiring, some at the end of the year and some at the end of 2014.Even the guy that gives me the Lego wholesale form to check whats retiring etc says there are rumors the Tower Bridge and Haunted House are still on until Dec 2014. So unless you have extra money or extra VIP Points don't panic buying the Tower Bridge just yet. Me myself I hope they both don't retire until next year, because these are the 2 I want plenty of. Ed

I was at a lego store today and they said there was an internal rumor that TB would be around to end of next year. So it will sell alongside SOH potentially.

There was never a throne? So then what was all that stuff about cults and worshipping? I was speaking metaphorically. You guys said everyone should stop worshipping him and calm down (which I agree is probably a good idea in a couple months it could get out of hand) - how is that not metaphorically not knocking him off a throne? I apologize for my bluntness, but I am really irked by the part of your post that says "I would urge anyone who bases their (not "there") purchases on what someone on here advises to rethink how they play this game". Is it me or isn't the purpose of this site to help and advise? People on here are asking questions on investments all the time. Heck, we have over a thousand reviews to advise people which investments we think are good and bad, and hundreds of blog articles to help people spend their money right. Yes, everyone has their own strategy but to say don't take anyone's advice or help goes against everything this site is about.

The reason I felt obliged to reply was because there were like 5 comments saying the exact same thing about people who take Ed's advice to highly. Yes, I could have repeated what LegoHulk said with my own wording and collect my 4 or so rep points and be on my merry way, but I felt that the way the discussion was going it became less about the view of emazers and more about emazers (eg. your wording "I appreciate what Ed does but"... directing it at him instead of at the people who are raising him up - basically what you said in that sentence is I appreciate him writing all this stuff to help other investors but I don't need his help). My post was just in defence of emazers, nothing else.

Also, I'm not sure why you put in the "we are all mostly adults on this site" thing there, I am assuming it was to make me feel a bit left out because that is exactly what it did. I understand that it sort of sucks to have us kiddies around the site party pooping, but this is Lego we are talking about. Age shouldn't be a restriction on either end.

The mostly adults comment was just a joke because we are all kids at heart (considering we invest in a toy and most of us actually build it).

Thanks for correcting my grammar, mistakenly used the wrong there/their.  My point with the comment was, make your (did I get that one correct, can I get a confirmation... yes? Okay, were :rofl:  good) investments on your own.  Understand EOL dates, what is popular, how much you want to invest, and what % increase you want on the set, and proceed forward.  Take personal responsibility, because if you are reliant on someone else, you are setting yourself up for failure.

I think it's great that emazers shares his information, but I only listen to it when it regards EOL dates.  Whenever he, or anyone else for that matter, starts to talk how long one needs to be sitting on a set, I begin to space out like I'm listening to a philosophy lecture... To each his own.

Also, I never made a comment regarding a throne, I said pedestal.  As for his advice regarding the Tower Bridge, it isn't exactly a gutsy call to say it will do well after it EOL's, everyone from emazers, to the Macs, to Mos_Eisley, to StephenRocky would all agree that the TB will do extremely well.  It isn't a set that has exactly hid away from everyone.

• Like 2

...there are rumors the Tower Bridge and Haunted House are still on until Dec 2014. ...Me myself I hope they both don't retire until next year, because these are the 2 I want plenty of. Ed

i for one sure hope they retire tower bridge ASAP.  it has been in production since 2010 (eiffel tower and taj mahal had 3 yrs each). we NEED this thing retired already.  the early secondary market is already 'flooded' because of the 4 yr run (just check ebay).  i just hope the upcoming "DYE-NO-MITE" sydney opera house is enough to make Lego decide it is time to bury Tower bridge 6 feet under.

Guest eightbrick

The mostly adults comment was just a joke because we are all kids at heart (considering we invest in a toy and most of us actually build it).

Thanks for correcting my grammar, mistakenly used the wrong there/their.  My point with the comment was, make your (did I get that one correct, can I get a confirmation... yes? Okay, were :rofl:  good) investments on your own.  Understand EOL dates, what is popular, how much you want to invest, and what % increase you want on the set, and proceed forward.  Take personal responsibility, because if you are reliant on someone else, you are setting yourself up for failure.

I think it's great that emazers shares his information, but I only listen to it when it regards EOL dates.  Whenever he, or anyone else for that matter, starts to talk how long one needs to be sitting on a set, I begin to space out like I'm listening to a philosophy lecture... To each his own.

Also, I never made a comment regarding a throne, I said pedestal.  As for his advice regarding the Tower Bridge, it isn't exactly a gutsy call to say it will do well after it EOL's, everyone from emazers, to the Macs, to Mos_Eisley, to StephenRocky would all agree that the TB will do extremely well.  It isn't a set that has exactly hid away from everyone.

Line 3: "were" should be "we're"

Lines 6-7: comma splice and sentence fragment

Line 9: "macs" should be "Mack brothers", "StephenRocky" should be "Stephen_rockefeller". Nicknames are unacceptable!

Just kidding! xD This arguement feels tired, let's get over it and get back to talking about CAGRs, EOLs, and terrible shipping practises. So... how's dem live stars?

i for one sure hope they retire tower bridge ASAP.  it has been in production since 2010 (eiffel tower and taj mahal had 3 yrs each). we NEED this thing retired already.  the early secondary market is already 'flooded' because of the 4 yr run (just check ebay).  i just hope the upcoming "DYE-NO-MITE" sydney opera house is enough to make Lego decide it is time to bury Tower bridge 6 feet under.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTvNwAT29Lo

Line 3: "were" should be "we're"

Lines 6-7: comma splice and sentence fragment

Line 9: "macs" should be "Mack brothers", "StephenRocky" should be "Stephen_rockefeller". Nicknames are unacceptable!

Just kidding! xD This arguement feels tired, let's get over it and get back to talking about CAGRs, EOLs, and terrible shipping practises. So... how's dem live stars?

haha, I was reading this thinking, "wow... didn't get the sarcasm of the were followed by the  :rofl: , haha."  

And I have almost began calling Stephen_rockefeller, Rocky.  Nobody should be ashamed to receive that nickname.

I don't no why people are at panic mode on the Tower Bridge, because Amazon ran out, but they said more on the way and Lego is getting more in, if the set does retire it won't be til the end of the year, I been buying Tower Bridges using VIP points or Lego Coupons and when Amazon had a sale or to in the last 2 years. And everybody has been reporting rumors about this person at Lego said this is retiring, The Death Star and SSDS are retiring, some at the end of the year and some at the end of 2014.Even the guy that gives me the Lego wholesale form to check whats retiring etc says there are rumors the Tower Bridge and Haunted House are still on until Dec 2014. So unless you have extra money or extra VIP Points don't panic buying the Tower Bridge just yet. Me myself I hope they both don't retire until next year, because these are the 2 I want plenty of. Ed

Totally Agree - no reason to panic at all.

BTW lowest price on eBay now.......$299.99

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_udlo=99&LH_BIN=1&LH_ItemCondition=3&_sop=15&_sacat=0&_from=R40&_udhi=&_nkw=lego+10214&LH_PrefLoc=1

emazers, on 07 Aug 2013 - 1:39 PM, said:snapback.png

...there are rumors the Tower Bridge and Haunted House are still on until Dec 2014. ...Me myself I hope they both don't retire until next year, because these are the 2 I want plenty of. Ed

Tower bridge avail at Walmart now for 239.99. I just got my tower bridge from lego and the box has some damage. I'll wait until it gets close to the 90 days to exchange it. Many of my larger orders directly from lego LEGO Shop at Home have some damage due to poor packing. I hope that lego wakes up and does something about their poor shipping practice.

Tower bridge avail at Walmart now for 239.99. I just got my tower bridge from lego and the box has some damage. I'll wait until it gets close to the 90 days to exchange it. Many of my larger orders directly from lego LEGO Shop at Home have some damage due to poor packing. I hope that lego wakes up and does something about their poor shipping practice.

I have never had any packaging damage from them. I have had missing items but the packaging around them has been fine.

I sure hope he's right, this set needs to be retired as it has been out since 2010

My Lego store said last week that it could be around to the end of 2014.

I think exclusives (in general) are getting a longer than usual life-span. This will become the new norm to combat stories like that kid who wanted a train set but the secondary market price was too much so Lego gave him one. Thus. I see this and other good selling exclusive sets going 4-5 years before retirement.

Investors should be wary. Smaller profits will occur if this happens.

I picked up 2 TB's yesterday (which happened to be the last 2 in the store) and the guy at the Lego store said that they were not getting anymore TB's in - he eluded to he fact that this was being replaced by the SOH.

They say that all the time and can only take it with a grain of salt.

It wouldn't surprise me if they get rid of that retiring soon tag sometime soon.  If they don't want us to benefit (which they don't) they would remove it.  If they want to benefit and not have us benefit, then generate rumors that arn't true. And if they want us to benefit, and them not so much, make a crawler and let everyone know it will only have 20K produced.

• Like 1

That is the word now Tower Bridge and haunted House Dec 2014,But All it would take is Retiring soon on the Lego site and these to sets would shoot up past $500 very fast and keep rising.

To be quite honest, I don't mind that LEGO isn't retiring the TB quite yet. It's a great set, and definitely deserves a longer-ish production run! Thanks for the info, Emazers.