10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

It wouldn't surprise me if they get rid of that retiring soon tag sometime soon.  If they don't want us to benefit (which they don't) they would remove it.  If they want to benefit and not have us benefit, then generate rumors that arn't true. And if they want us to benefit, and them not so much, make a crawler and let everyone know it will only have 20K produced.

I don't think there is a reason to get rid of it. It is not used like you would think now. Honestly they use ti to ramp up sales on a certain set and get others out of stock.

Don't worry if I think the haunted House and Tower Bridge are done this year, I will spend about 5 grand each on both. But we got plenty of time, so be ready just is case. "But like I said my friend showed me 2 phone picture messages from lego's catalog showing the Haunted House and Tower Bridge say retiring Dec 2014. So I don't believe anything anymore, no let me change that if I can get a hold of the 2014 Wholesale catalog, which will be in january then I do believe that catalog. So Sept get a few Volkswagen Campers for the free mini, these 2 will make a great ebay combo auction. Ed

• Like 1

Don't worry if I think the haunted House and Tower Bridge are done this year, I will spend about 5 grand each on both. But we got plenty of time, so be ready just is case. "But like I said my friend showed me 2 phone picture messages from lego's catalog showing the Haunted House and Tower Bridge say retiring Dec 2014. So I don't believe anything anymore, no let me change that if I can get a hold of the 2014 Wholesale catalog, which will be in january then I do believe that catalog. So Sept get a few Volkswagen Campers for the free mini, these 2 will make a great ebay combo auction. Ed

Gonna do that.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to a LEGO store in MA yesterday to pick up a 41999 and they have "retiring soon" clearly labelled under the Fire Brigate, Mini Modular and the City Car garage set, but no such label on HH or TB.

Anyone ever saw such "retiring soon" labeling in LEGO store? I don't know if that is just a trick for selling FB and other specific sets.

Just want to share the observation.

Went to a LEGO store in MA yesterday to pick up a 41999 and they have "retiring soon" clearly labelled under the Fire Brigate, Mini Modular and the City Car garage set, but no such label on HH or TB.

Anyone ever saw such "retiring soon" labeling in LEGO store? I don't know if that is just a trick for selling FB and other specific sets.

Thanks for sharing!

I have only seen the retiring soon label on the Lego LEGO Shop at Home. I have never seen that in a Lego store. But many of the members are thinking that the label is just a way to boost sales for a particular set.

Thanks for the info Ed. I'm not shocked to see any of these sets finally hitting retirement, it's been a long time for all of them. Any word on the Sopwith Camel, GE, VW Camper, or Pet Shop?

Every investor has to craft his or her own strategy. This forum is very useful for sharing information, but in the end we all have to go our own way and decide what our particular risk tolerances are. Just like in every other investment :)

I, for one, will try to pick up a few more of each of these sets over the next few weeks since I think even at full retail all three will return well above the Lego market average in the next few months. I will not, however, be panic buying every SSD/Tower Bridge/etc. I can lay my hands on. They're all big and bulky, and I'm not totally convinced that I'll see a significantly better return on any of them then I will on HDs/VCs which I'm finding in abundance on clearance locally. I just want a few of each in my portfolio in case one of them happens to be the next big hit down the road. That's my strategy, it may not work for everyone but even I don't have unlimited money and space to devote to this investment...

Can someone tell me what the VC is? I just can't figure it out :(

My store in Cali had the same thing...I'm thinking tower bridge might last another year :(

Rumors are TB around to the end of 2014, but I cannot remember whether I heard that here or from a LEgo Store employee.

FB is expected to go around Christmas.

Not heard anything about the Mini Modulars though. This is a cool set and is rarely available on Ebay (cheaper than RRP that is!), I think this is a sleeper set. Cheap to buy, and you can get your free Mini VWs with it in September.