10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

I am personally a big fan of large-scale models of real-life landmarks (contrary to the Architecture line, where some builds use only a few hundred pieces), so I intend on picking it up, but I haven't decided when, or how I will do so. 

As an investment, I don't think skyrocketing is the correct word to use when talking of the Tower Bridge. Sets that have skyrocketed and are most well-known were the underdogs - for example, the UCS Imperial Shuttle. Prior to it's retirement, it wasn't a favorite of the majority of investors. I think that sets that are widely talked about as being "great investments" don't grow as much as the conversations on the sets continue, as a general statement, but there are always exceptions.

I'm guessing that this set will double in the first 2 years after retirement, though this number could be WAY off.

• Like 1

I missed a new in box one for $75 at a consignment store near me. Unfortunately I was in another state and it sold within a few hours of them posting it on CL. Bummed, I wanted one to build but I don't get to spend that amount of money on sets to build, even on my birthday.

What what what?!? $240 is a lot sure, but I thought you funded your hobby with your sales. To be fair, I'm not supposed to build too many big sets either, but the wife doesn't check the paypal balance often B)

What what what?!? $240 is a lot sure, but I thought you funded your hobby with your sales. To be fair, I'm not supposed to build too many big sets either, but the wife doesn't check the paypal balance often B)

Yeah, I've been collecting too many other things and it's almost impossible to get a better deal than $200 on a TB. I'm still searching for a deal but I spent some money on LOTR, Hobbit and Lone Ranger sets for my collection. It's easier to justify when I find sets that I want at 40% off or better.