10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody else notice that the RRP in the UK of tower bridge has been reduced to GBP 189.99. Both John Lewis and Toys R Us show this reduced price.   Lego Shop @ home still selling it for GBP 209.99.

Find it odd, as I thought most exclusives can't be discounted....

Thanks

I gave up buying more of these. I have 5 now and the last addition to this number was a year ago. This set is waaaayyyy overdue for EOL and although the Sydney Opera has been out for so long, the TB is still alive and kicking. So I diverted the cache flow to sets like the SSD, R2D2 & the modulars etc...

• Like 1

Anybody else notice that the RRP in the UK of tower bridge has been reduced to GBP 189.99. Both John Lewis and Toys R Us show this reduced price.   Lego Shop @ home still selling it for GBP 209.99.

Thanks

Nice find. I have a John Lewis card, 25% off drops it to

I am tempted to add a few more to the 5 I already have, especially if the price is tempting...BUT I might as well spend it on other sets. If this set is going to sit around for another year and stare at me I'll get annoyed! I bought the first TB back in 2012 when it's time was already up...2 years down the line its still everywhere! Damn!

Hey all, I am slowly working up the courage to put together a recently purchased tower bridge (mostly the logistics!). The bags are current unopened, but I cannot resist giving this set a go. Where do you figure this set will end up in value in a few years both new and used? Hard to discount the amazing detail and number of pieces in the evaluation . Seems like a slam dunk either new or used. Thoughts?

Thanks

I noticed pixmania.ie is selling these at

• 4 weeks later...

I believe, for the long-term investor, this set has the most ROI potential of anything that will EOL within the foreseeable future. It is in a quality class with Taj, Eiffel Tower, etc.- and the Opera House has a lot of time left. It looks nicer than the accurate- though somewhat monotone and perhaps dull- Opera House, has playability with the functioning bridge, and is a ten out of ten on display.

As a long-term investment, this is my top play. I have a hunch it will be evaporating soon... Southern California B&M stocks on this set are dwindling, in spite of an order limit of five on LEGO Shop at Home.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...