10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

What do you think Ed about this set is going to be eol in 2015?

Difficult to say....however I think that last surpringly EOLs have to advice us to buy the quantity wanted during next year, so we will not have any nightmare when we'll se SOLD OUT on LEGO Shop at Home

Sent from my XT1052 using Brickpicker mobile app

This is the type of set you should have multiples of.  Even if it's out another year, you should start putting some away.  There is no telling right now when a popular set like this will retire.  This obviously has been a very popular seller and that is why it has been around a long time, but even popular sellers eventually retire.

This is the type of set you should have multiples of. Even if it's out another year, you should start putting some away. There is no telling right now when a popular set like this will retire. This obviously has been a very popular seller and that is why it has been around a long time, but even popular sellers eventually retire.

But that doesn't allow one to skate close to the edge and risk not getting it so they can complain they can't find it anymore except from those greedy resellers.

Sarcastic smiley inserted.

• Like 1

Alright already!  I've been wanting to pick these up ever since I found this sight and I keep delaying it for other sets.  After reading this thread today I feel like there is enormous peer pressure so I just pulled the trigger on two.  Lol.  I was hoping to get these in February but now I have one less thing to worry about.  If theyre still around in Feb I'll try to pick up two more.

Regardless of some other less than cordial responses you received earlier, I could see this set possibly going EOL sometime in 2015. I'm not a sage reseller like many of the esteemed posters on this board, but I think you need to start putting these away. This set launched in 2010, so it's not inconceivable that Lego decides to move on after 4-5 years. I heeded Ed's advice and picked up a couple of these with double VIP points during the BF deal. One for my personal collection and a 2nd for a rainy day. I hate to open my personal set though, so I'm thinking about picking up a gently used set on Ebay to build.

The Tower Bridge doesn't dance. It is a great value...and set. This set is a must have for any collector. I think you will be hard pressed to find another 4000+ piece set for $240...ever. If you don't have at least one, what are you waiting for?

Today is definitely a good day to get some....In for 3!

Guest TabbyBoy

I actually bought my first one as soon as I saw the Olympic rings adorn the original all those eons ago back in 2012.  Without being biased, this has to be the most beautiful bridge in the World, right?  If any set is to reach the moon after EOL, this is it.  The Lord God Mack has spoken, heed his words.  Amazon EU have good prices on this now and again.

I actually bought my first one as soon as I saw the Olympic rings adorn the original all those eons ago back in 2012. Without being biased, this has to be the most beautiful bridge in the World, right? If any set is to reach the moon after EOL, this is it. The Lord God Mack has spoken, heed his words. Amazon EU have good prices on this now and again.

It is. And I live in the US. I like bridges cabins and scenic stuff.

This bridge wins out.

I hope lego does a covered rustic bridge at some point.

• Like 1

If you are new to Lego investing, look up Taj Mahal, the Eiffel Tower, the Statue of Liberty, etc.

This set is every bit the landmark set those are.

That isn't to say it will do precisely what those sets did- there are a LOT more Lego investors than there were when those were out- but clearly sets that are:

A: large

B: iconic

C: world re-known

... are fail-safe investments. Even HCX is building one, and he hasn't built a set since 41053 came out.

• Like 2

If you are new to Lego investing, look up Taj Mahal, the Eiffel Tower, the Statue of Liberty, etc.

This set is every bit the landmark set those are.

That isn't to say it will do precisely what those sets did- there are a LOT more Lego investors than there were when those were out- but clearly sets that are:

A: large

B: iconic

C: world re-known

... are fail-safe investments. Even HCX is building one, and he hasn't built a set since 41053 came out.

Lol. I built the winter cottage last year. My first build. I'm going to build the tb and then I'm going into lego building retirement. I mean it ll all be down hill from the tb so what's the point....
  • Like 3

HCX thank you for appreciating the post :P

Have a TB to build as well, after building a Tumbler (had purchased for a Craigslist flip- drank a six-pack in twelve minutes while watching The Dark Knight Rises, Tumbler box sitting next to TV, the rest of that story tells itself).

On-topic- and all speculation here- I think the Bridge obliterates the Opera House in the long-run. Even with the MSRP difference. The Bridge has a much broader appeal- not only "artistically" as a Lego set- but as a landmark that people appreciate.

Who knows though, really. Someone will always find these type of sets appealing.

I look forward to watching what both sets do investment-wise as the years grind out.