10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

Tower Bridge for $180*, run! run! run!

*after VIP points, promo set's value and Discover card 5% cash back, and before tax on full selling price. Hoard it at your own risk. We are not responsible for your loss of money, family and happiness. Past performance of sets depicting better known landmarks is no guaranty of future appreciation of this one.We are not responsible for any UK vs. US or UK vs France arguments that may occur in your family as a result of your purchase decision.

I don't care what bridge it is it's pretty amazing. Saw one built in person built and I honestly looked at it for over half an hour. Anyone who has built one or got to see one close knows what I'm talking about. I think it's a no brainer investment. And anyone who loves to build buy one!

And for what it's worth, you all know that BIG BEN is not the structure but is the name of the bell housed inside the building.

Nope.

But thanks. :D

(for what it's worth, I noticed that most of the people who are shocked that some were not aware of TB, are people from the UK, or who traveled a lot ^^)

I'm sure that if the TB were an architecture set, lots of people would pass on this one, as an investment. ;)

But the set itself looks nice because it's an expert set, and the ppp is very good, like many other creator sets. Just too bad it can't easily be shipped.

You can't believe a great deal of what you see discussed on television or any major news network that uses a wide paintbrush to label what is an American or foreigner etc and how educated anyone is, what we value in life etc. If anything, don't look to the television or any major online or television newspaper for that because in most cases it's severely slanted reporting with a bias. Just as I wouldn't get my idea of what UK daily living is like from a news outlet such as the Guardian.

I find it strange that in a society filled with the Internet, newspapers, television and of course education that there are adults who are unfamiliar with such an iconic landmark. If only Lego had created an expert Creator Mount Rushmore, Lincoln Memorial, Alamo or Arc De Triomphe they would have probably appealed to a larger audience.

Nope.

But thanks. :D

(for what it's worth, I noticed that most of the people who are shocked that some were not aware of TB, are people from the UK, or who traveled a lot ^^)

I'm sure that if the TB were an architecture set, lots of people would pass on this one, as an investment. ;)

But the set itself looks nice because it's an expert set, and the ppp is very good, like many other creator sets. Just too bad it can't easily be shipped.

Order each set one at a time so they come in their own shipping boxes and charge the courier costs to the buyer.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest brickcrazyhouse

Really?? You think so? Maybe all the the creator sets are going by Christmas. SC, TB, SOH, T1, Mini C am I missing any?

Edit: I'm referring to big sets btw.

Well at least it is a moderator who is cross posting! hehehehehe hahahaha lol

:rofl: 

I can never get past the fact that it is just a giant bridge.  A bridge connects one place to another, so for this to make sense to me I would need a giant Big Ben and parliament on one side.  I just don't get it.  I find it about as appealing as the SOH.  Considering the size and weight and what I expect is a niche market, you are going to need post eol prices close to $400 to warrant this investment imho.  Those that got the WM deal, np.  I was late to it or else I would've gotten them then too.  At retail, I'd pass.  I suspect investor supply will outweigh buyer demand short of $400 for years to come.  I would personally much rather have a Pet Shop or R2, and one of those MBA kits that are retiring soon instead.  Most people can't own everything, so be willing to pass on some exclusives.    

• Like 1

I can never get past the fact that it is just a giant bridge. A bridge connects one place to another, so for this to make sense to me I would need a giant Big Ben and parliament on one side. I just don't get it. I find it about as appealing as the SOH. Considering the size and weight and what I expect is a niche market, you are going to need post eol prices close to $400 to warrant this investment imho. Those that got the WM deal, np. I was late to it or else I would've gotten them then too. At retail, I'd pass. I suspect investor supply will outweigh buyer demand short of $400 for years to come. I would personally much rather have a Pet Shop or R2, and one of those MBA kits that are retiring soon instead. Most people can't own everything, so be willing to pass on some exclusives.

If you built it you would understand how amazing it is. It also is a huge landmark. I displayed for a year and it never got old to just admire it.
  • Like 1

I can never get past the fact that it is just a giant bridge.

I am the same with the 3E. It's just a container ship. It doesn't even look nice (to me). On the other hand I admire other ships.

And there is only one TB. And it is just... quite something. My guess is you didn't see it yourself yet - both the built set and the real bridge. Would you think differently then - maybe, maybe not. But I am sure a lot of people do. And isn't that what is most important in this part of the virtual realms? :)

I can never get past the fact that it is just a giant bridge.  A bridge connects one place to another, so for this to make sense to me I would need a giant Big Ben and parliament on one side.

[...]

Only for those good folks who don't know yet:

The Tower acutally is not named "Big Ben" but Elizabeth Tower.

Big Ben is the name of the biggest bell inside of it (though the tower also is commonly (but still falsly so!) known as Big Ben after so many people just started calling it that name...)

I love the set. Everytime I visit my lego store and pass the build version with the lights in it. I cannot walk on. I have to look at it and admire it. Offcourse it is more hoarded than for example the Eiffel Tower or Taj Mahal. But still I believe it will reach a value of 500 euro eventually.

• Like 2

I love the set. Everytime I visit my lego store and pass the build version with the lights in it. I cannot walk on. I have to look at it and admire it. Offcourse it is more hoarded than for example the Eiffel Tower or Taj Mahal. But still I believe it will reach a value of 500 euro eventually.

What lights, do you have a picture of something similar I can see? Thanks!

TB for $53 ... I was sucked in by this one (for about 5 seconds anyway)...

http://www.amazon.com/United-Kingdom-BUILDING-architecture-Compatible/dp/B00AEG731Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1415968936&sr=1-1&keywords=Wange+Tower+Bridge

I like the slogan on their box: "WANGE bricks world let your realm play out."

Reviews don't look promising.....