10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

I only have 12 Town Hall sets, thats all I am getting, anybody who think that they missed out on the Town Hall I would be buying the Tower Bridge, I think this set will do much better than the TH, thats why I got 30 of them, Its a world landmark and look how all the other sets like that have done, and with the Douple VIP points its not a bad deal. Or wait to the retiring rumor panic buying starts. Now I am only saying this to people who have the money to buy these.    Ed

• Like 7

while i have no proof, my gut still tells me 10214 is going away in 3-4 months. i'm prob wrong.

nevertheless, i still hope it's iconic enough for future demand to combat it being available for so long. although well-known, TB is no Stature of Liberty, Taj Mahal, or Eiffel Tower when it comes to popularity. come to think of it, the Sidney Opera House might be more recognizable to the average person nowadays.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

If you're British, how can you not have a Tower Bridge..... or ten? For not much more than a Town Hall on Amazon, I know what I'd rather buy right now. Remember that the UK may be the largest market for this superb set post EOL and we won't have the stress of international shipping.

while i have no proof, my gut still tells me 10214 is going away in 3-4 months. i'm prob wrong.

nevertheless, i still hope it's iconic enough for future demand to combat it being available for so long. although well-known, TB is no Stature of Liberty, Taj Mahal, or Eiffel Tower when it comes to popularity. come to think of it, the Sidney Opera House might be more recognizable to the average person nowadays.

London Tower Bridge is steeped in history and a sight to behold amidst the London metropolis. One thing you can be sure of this is an extremely iconic building. Last year London was one of the most visited cities in the world, as it is every year. People come from all corners of the planet to visit our capital. I believe there will always be demand for the Lego TB and that it's destined for greatness.

• Like 2

My take is that at $239.99 US a lot of people shy away from this set. At almost. 4300 pieces I find it a great deal for the price.

One of the best things about this being an iconic set is that once it goes to retired status any future Lego builders in the UK especially will want to have this.

AFOL's will have to have this set and I think it has more recognition that people give it credit for.

Also its a BRIDGE - I wish LEGO would have a whole theme of iconic bridges done up at this scale.

This set is also way more impressive in person compared to the Sydney Opera House which I was disappointed in.

TB has tunels, towers, spaces that can be accessed.

The SOH is just a shell.  No interaction.

Both will do spectacular just because of how large they are and grown ups with money like big sets.

Picture is a little washed out because a light bulb has burnt out...

post-33930-0-27006800-1412429895_thumb.j

London Tower Bridge is steeped in history and a sight to behold amidst the London metropolis. One thing you can be sure of this is an extremely iconic building. Last year London was one of the most visited cities in the world, as it is every year. People come from all corners of the planet to visit our capital. I believe there will always be demand for the Lego TB and that it's destined for greatness.

Yes, TB is historic (some might call it iconic) but will the set be popular enough to command enough demand after all these years of retail? Yes, I"ve seen it in-person and think it's a marvel.

Regarding the set, it's not part of an insanely completist theme like the buildings and winter sets to help demand.

Honestly, It's prob not even the most popular landmark in London TO THE AVERAGE person / AFOL not from the England. I hope so for us.

IMO anyone building a large city will want to have a bridge. And none are better than TB. I have seen in person built and it's really amazing and detailed. Having a working draw bridge to connect two sides is also a plus. At some point my son and I will build it. Bought one for long term with the plan to open and build. Of course if price skyrockets selling is always an option! My philosophy when putting away sets is always have a secluded section that is for keeping!

One thing you can be sure of this is an extremely iconic building. Last year London was one of the most visited cities in the world, as it is every year. People come from all corners of the planet to visit our capital.

*ahem*

Before seeing this set in lego, I didn't even knew that the tower bridge existed. I'm serious. :umbrage:

I never went to London, and I'm about sure that's the same for a lot of lego collectors. ^^

It's not enough iconic to be known by every rednecks (like me), like the famous Big Ben for example. And to build two times the same huge tower: thanks but no thanks. And because I don't want to ship such a huge box internationaly... I'll pass.

For UK members, this is certainly one of the best lego set to invest in... and to resell inside the UK. All lights are green.

But I wouldn't that sure for the outside (for a seller/buyer to sell/buy outside the UK), because of its size, weight, and "redneck reasons". :P

• Like 2

The only people that don't know about the Tower Bridge and it being a landmark in London are the backward ass trailer park alumni.

Will this set be a winner? If you have to ask that question, you should be v.p. of the alumni committee.

Why would only The Brits buy this set?

That's like saying only Indians are buying the Taj Mahal.

Hey hey tone that down some. I never heard of it before my Lego investing career. That doesn't make me incompetent, just had no idea.
  • Like 1

Tower Bridge ... yes ive seen it in person and yes i strongly believe this will be a winner down the road especially to our European AFOLs and very much so our British friends ... every Brit who loves lego or loves the marvel of the TB will want one ... now of course its probably going to those who have the money ... all you guys in the UK better stock up hard on this one ...

I live all the way in Hawaii and even though i believe this will land me some good cash way down the road its just not really feasible for me to hoard. For one it is really big and heavy and that alone will take almost $100 to ship to the US mainland and if international youre looking at almost double ... wheres the profit in that?

Ide like to hold at least two ... maybe one to build and display one great day and one to sell if this thing does reach "gold mine" status at $1000 or better ...

*ahem*

Before seeing this set in lego, I didn't even knew that the tower bridge existed. I'm serious. :umbrage:

I never went to London, and I'm about sure that's the same for a lot of lego collectors. ^^

It's not enough iconic to be known by every rednecks (like me), like the famous Big Ben for example. And to build two times the same huge tower: thanks but no thanks. And because I don't want to ship such a huge box internationaly... I'll pass.

For UK members, this is certainly one of the best lego set to invest in... and to resell inside the UK. All lights are green.

But I wouldn't that sure for the outside (for a seller/buyer to sell/buy outside the UK), because of its size, weight, and "redneck reasons". :P

You must be kidding man! Before reaching the age of 10 i've read a dozen of childrens encyclopaedias, and although i was born and spent the first time of my life in Eastern Europe, At the age of 10 I already knew all the major land marks in the world. Taj Mahal, the Golden Bridge, Niaga Falls, Eifel Tower...just name it. And that was before the age of computers. Nowadays people are even more aware and more informed (whether they read much, thats a different story)

As with the set itself. I have 5 and may get some more, because i want to build one. Nobody should take it down on the basis of where the land mark comes from and question the success this way. The TB is world known landmark and there will be people around the world craving to own one when it goes EOL!

Agree Ed. 4295 pieces for $239.99 equates to 5.5 cents a piece. Good deal per piece but seeing it in person is a must. And like I said before for lego city builders it's a must. I have only one but will prob grab a few more. For me a long term hold and just see it as a $600-$700 set in the future, maybe more.

Guest TabbyBoy

London 2012 really put this bridge on the map when it was adorned with the Olympic rings, a sight and a feeling of pride that I'll never forget. I have a dozen and won't stop there.