10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

Guest TabbyBoy

If Lego did the Forth rail Bridge, that would be the ultimate Lego bridge in my opinion.

Won't that be a Technic set rather than Creator? It'll be cool all the same.

• 2 weeks later...

^ It's been going OOS here and there for months.  Getting harder to find in retail stores as well.  I personally think it's on it's last legs but could be another few months or summer before it's really gone.  I certainly hope so, I've got a few of them and one built.  It's an extremely impressive set.  

• 2 weeks later...

^ It's been going OOS here and there for months.  Getting harder to find in retail stores as well.  I personally think it's on it's last legs but could be another few months or summer before it's really gone.  I certainly hope so, I've got a few of them and one built.  It's an extremely impressive set.  

It was doing the same dance last year this time. I have a hunch that what LEGO is doing is some dynamic evaluation of sales. Last batch did ok? Then go for the next one! Therefore they don't retire it as long as sales don't dip under a certain threshold in a given period of time. Same thing may be going on with Death Star. If there is satisfactory demand why would a company stop production? It would be retarded. Introduction of new sets is expensive.

Edited by inversion

I Why I like this set :

I'd be willing to bet we never see a better price per piece set ever I mean ever again.

It's an iconic structure.

It's the second lego set over ever built.... Still building I mean :)

I love European culture. Like really enjoy the people and culture of the area.

I also love bridges.

Has display value and the people paying big bucks for arch sets like robbie house are your same demo with this.

What I don't like:

Hoarding these Takes up a lot of room in my house......but so did 137 turtle lairs. I'll adapt and adjust.

The bridge is not flush with other parts of road. This is by design so bridge can lift but upon close look it looks weird.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

Edited by hxckid88

I Why I like this set :

I'd be willing to bet we never see a better price per piece set ever I mean ever again.

It's an iconic structure.

It's the second lego set over ever built.... Still building I mean :)

I love European culture. Like really enjoy the people and culture of the area.

I also love bridges.

Has display value and the people paying big bucks for arch sets like robbie house are your same demo with this.

What I don't like:

Hoarding these Takes up a lot of room in my house......but so did 137 turtle lairs. I'll adapt and adjust.

The bridge is not flush with other parts of road. This is by design so bridge can lift but upon close look it looks weird.

I've got 17 at the moment and i plan to keep buying 1/week for the next few months. I agree with you that this is the best price/piece ratio we will most likely ever see again in a LEGO set.

Although I do remember a year or 2 ago someone here mentioned that this set was one of the most heavily hoarded sets. Not sure if that is still true or not.

Trek quit messing this up. I am hoping to move people away from said set. You are not playing along.

My apologies I knew you were being sarcastic and was playing along as a literal schmuck.

I can easily go back to my this set is not very good line of thinking.

I will go back to what I said about this set, don't buy it,  see my post from a few days ago.  That was a serious post.

I've got 17 at the moment and i plan to keep buying 1/week for the next few months. I agree with you that this is the best price/piece ratio we will most likely ever see again in a LEGO set.

Although I do remember a year or 2 ago someone here mentioned that this set was one of the most heavily hoarded sets. Not sure if that is still true or not.

according to ed Mack the most stocked set if we are going by just the brick folios which of course is a very small ldmsoke. Size of real numbers was the fire brigade..... It's doing just fine.