10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

Anything is possible I guess, but I hate to be the bearer of bad news, I think the days of 1,000 dollar sets are pretty much behind us.

I agree. I believe our last sets to hit $1000 were Market Street and Taj Mahel in 2011 (based on camelcamelcamel.com). Long time ago.

Green Grocer is nearly there.

I think he was trying to say that Amazon is a good indicator of where stock has gotten to because they are really the largest seller of Lego outside of Lego. So I would take it to heart when they run out. Historically they stay in stock until the end.

Been a lot easier for him to say that wouldnt it, some of us are new to investing in Lego and dont know all the inns and outs.

You also have to understand from my point of view, the Tower Bridge is at full retail over here in the UK on Amazon so when i see people saying only 3 left at amazon i wonder why all the fuss when i/you can just buy 99 if i like from Lego for the same price. we dont get big discounts like you do over in the states.

Like i mentioned before "clicky" comes to mind

Been a lot easier for him to say that wouldnt it, some of us are new to investing in Lego and dont know all the inns and outs.

You also have to understand from my point of view, the Tower Bridge is at full retail over here in the UK on Amazon so when i see people saying only 3 left at amazon i wonder why all the fuss when i/you can just buy 99 if i like from Lego for the same price. we dont get big discounts like you do over in the states.

Like i mentioned before "clicky" comes to mind

You should also check Amazon's EU sites besides UK. I bought my TB a year ago from Amazon.it for close to 150

Doesn't the Ebay for that region have deals as well? Never checked it out before.

You could get deals, specially from German sellers, but once you add s&**** costs, you end up pretty much level with some Amazon EU sites. What tips the scale in favour of Amazon is their great CS which should come useful if any problem arises.

You could get deals, specially from German sellers, but once you add s&**** costs, you end up pretty much level with some Amazon EU sites. What tips the scale in favour of Amazon is their great CS which should come useful if any problem arises.

Gotcha. Is shipping expensive between the countries there? I guess customs and everything else between borders?

Gotcha. Is shipping expensive between the countries there? I guess customs and everything else between borders?

If you ship between EU countries there are no custom's taxes AFAIK. But what you don't pay in custom's taxes you pay in the shipping charges.

Last week I shipped a Green Grocer to Holland for 45

I think he was trying to say that Amazon is a good indicator of where stock has gotten to because they are really the largest seller of Lego outside of Lego. So I would take it to heart when they run out. Historically they stay in stock until the end.

Frankly, this is untrue.

Frankly, this is untrue.

While it isn't always accurate, it is usually a decent reflection on how much is left.  I have been comparing this years LOTR that are retiring, to last years HP that retired.  And they appear to be on similar paths of retirement.  When you understand what the tremors of retirement are, you will be able to read the writing on the wall much easier.

While it isn't always accurate, it is usually a decent reflection on how much is left. I have been comparing this years LOTR that are retiring, to last years HP that retired. And they appear to be on similar paths of retirement. When you understand what the tremors of retirement are, you will be able to read the writing on the wall much easier.

I know the signs. And I'm saying that Amazon running out of a product means diddly-squat. They order based on demand and availability. When it ones to these larger sets, Amazon does not keep there stock update as fast as they do not sell as quickly. Say you have 100 $1 items and 10 $100 items at your store. You would be much more ready to order more $1 items than you would to order more $100 items. This set will be back in stock. Don't fret.

There is no correlation on Amazon to gauge if anything is going EOL or not.  Desert Skiff was out for almost 3 months, they went back in stock a few days ago.

One example doesn't necessarily mean it never is. There are times where it goes out right when the product is gone. No one really thought desert skiff was going either, so obviously you have to use your best judgement.