9468 - Vampyre Castle

nolanfan34

Anyone get ship confirmation from toysarus for the vamprye castles ... people who used the 20% coupon .. I purchased 4 at $68 each including tax and free ship. Still no confirmation on shipment ..  anyone else on the same boat?

I got shipment confirmation for mine and the 20% was taken off.

I want to ask, how many people got the set from TRU that the sealed tape has been applied on top another sealed tape.

Does it concern you?

I have two sets both double sealed but both from Wal-Mart. I am not too concerned as I have seen it mentioned before that others have two seals on their VC.

I would just be sure to disclose it when selling. You can always open the box to cerify the contents and sell it for a little less.

How well will this sell (secondary market) now that it is just about extinct at stores?

I just sold one on Amazon for $129.99+6.49 shipping. Not sure what they're going for on eBay yet but I'm sure it's north of $100. I'd say you could double your money by the time the Christmas rush peaks. I'm holding a couple back to see how high it goes. . .and in a couple of years, I think all the MF sets are gold mines.

Funny....I was (inside voice) mocking  the title of this thread...thinking the vc was an easy winner.....now the title appears apt.  I ordered 4 of them for local pick up...2 from Swansea and 2 from Dedham as it was limit 1....didn't want to push it.  Went to get them today at dedham during lunch and wife was going  to grab the other 2 for us during hers.

Went in...thought I would grab that technic truck with the $10 coupon while there.  Went to isle and the vc were stacked 5 deep x 2 same as I saw in North Attleboro last week.  I had a Change of heart and just bought the pick up.  Went to cs to cancel the orders...told her I changed my mind about building.  Mega castle with the 2. She said they were a hot item and they must have sold 20 that Sunday morning!  I told her I noticed there were still a bunch on the shelf, and she said they still had a ton in the back!   **** me!

Called my wife and told her not to bother.  She was already there waiting for them...told her to go check the isle.....same thing....exactly....5 deep x 2.  She got the 2 since they had already gone back to get them....   Worried about this set now. These were obviously put back into production...perhaps as a tru only exclusive.  No way this was NOS. 

Between that, the orc forge seeming to come back...the train station I thought was quietly retiring now coming back...and to the national discounters no less.....willy needs a hug.   These are the Times that try lego investors souls.  

I initially planned on going to 4 toys r us locations sunday morning, but since I was able to get these for $64 plus tax on tru website saturday night, I decided to sleep in. I placed 15 orders and all have shipped. I also placed 3 orders for store pick up once they sold out online, and I picked those up last night. When I went to pick them up, I noticed that all vc were gone at these 3 stores. I know for a fact that those 3 stores had at least 5 each as of Saturday night. Maybe just more investors in so cal.

I initially planned on going to 4 toys r us locations sunday morning, but since I was able to get these for $64 plus tax on tru website saturday night, I decided to sleep in. I placed 15 orders and all have shipped. I also placed 3 orders for store pick up once they sold out online, and I picked those up last night. When I went to pick them up, I noticed that all vc were gone at these 3 stores. I know for a fact that those 3 stores had at least 5 each as of Saturday night. Maybe just more investors in so cal.

Yup, I noticed that as well. I purchased three also for about $65 each, which was nice. Looking to score about one more because these look like they will sell for about $200 each by next year.

Guest TabbyBoy

Thanks for the hint. I got 10 more.

In UK are ~90 available in DE are ~70 available and in ES are 999 :shocked: available

Just get them as Long as you can !

Thanks, I got 10 from DE.