9468 - Vampyre Castle

nolanfan34

It's a tru exclusive now....that is what worries me.  As in they were clearanced everywhere....including lego stores.  After they were clearanced....tru started getting new shipments in...large shipments....and now it says tru exclusive for this set on their site.

Also.....this set will equal the potter castle in value in a couple years?  Heh?    I think 80% of the  developed world population knows who Harry potter is....Jack mchammer and Quentin steel.....yeah.    also the potter sets have sand green, tan and brown......this has..  bit of sand  green, black and gray.

Don't get me wrong...I have 12 of them well bought ~$75 average....but equal to potter castle?  Don't see that----even with my moon stone colored glasses.

I don't understand why people are paying  120-30 for this...when for another what ---40 bucks--- you can have  the mansion.  With lots of sand green  

It's a tru exclusive now....that is what worries me.  As in they were clearanced everywhere....including lego stores.  After they were clearanced....tru started getting new shipments in...large shipments....and now it says tru exclusive for this set on their site.

Also.....this set will equal the potter castle in value in a couple years?  Heh?    I think 80% of the  developed world population knows who Harry potter is....Jack mchammer and Quentin steel.....yeah.    also the potter sets have sand green, tan and brown......this has..  bit of sand  green, black and gray.

Don't get me wrong...I have 12 of them well bought ~$75 average....but equal to potter castle?  Don't see that----even with my moon stone colored glasses.

No I agree. I would be happy to sell this set for twice what I paid in two years. I feel like that should be attainable considering all of the ones I bought for 80$ or less.

This set has nothing to do with the Monster Fighter characters. This is Dracula's Castle ( and I would argue that is more recognizable than Hogwarts). This set and Haunted House will be the ones everyone wants for their halloween displays. That is where collectability and price premiums come into play.

I agree with that. I have 12 of these...I don't need to be sold on it. I just don't think this can be compared to Harry potter and Harry potter prices. The car and the figures can get thrown in the trash where they belong. And what is left.....what is that worth a year or 2 out---I don't see 250. Or 200. Maybe 150 shipped. Take out the 30 in fees and shipping....and you get 120 on an 80 layout. Well worth it. This was my calculation.....BEFORE they went back into production and stuffed on tru shelves

I am still a bull on this....but I have the opportunity and means to get another 20 of these at least for 75ish...and I am not biting. Certainly thinking out loud about it though.

I agree with that. I have 12 of these...I don't need to be sold on it. I just don't think this can be compared to Harry potter and Harry potter prices. The car and the figures can get thrown in the trash where they belong. And what is left.....what is that worth a year or 2 out---I don't see 250. Or 200. Maybe 150 shipped. Take out the 30 in fees and shipping....and you get 120 on an 80 layout. Well worth it. This was my calculation.....BEFORE they went back into production and stuffed on tru shelves

I am still a bull on this....but I have the opportunity and means to get another 20 of these at least for 75ish...and I am not biting. Certainly thinking out loud about it though.

If you intend to get that many, put them on layaway till Saturday-extra 10% off on CC-couple that with the 10$ GC per item and now you are cooking !!! :money:

I understand the thoughts - a good counter argument though:

1. CHeck the bat figures - they sell REALLY well. I have sold several for 14$ and up. They will help out the set some.

2. This castle, IMO, is better than the HP one. Not more popular, but its a little more solid and definitely a more "display piece".

3. The line being a one and done... assuming thats true.

4. This production run hasn't quite hit 2 years - so in reality, its still a shorter production.

I don't think it will have any problem hitting $160-$175. I mean, they are already selling for above retail on Ebay now.

Having just entered the LEGO investing biz and collecting gig, I noticed that everyone raves castles, trains and unique pieces.

This castle to me looks very well built and the minifigs are sweet. Not knowing anything about how the HP sets looked, I can say that I'd love to know the avg. price of a HP castle nowadays?

My local TRU seen to want these sets off their shelves, so I'm curious if a new shipment will replenish the shelves with these sets at TRU??

We haven't mentioned this in a while, but what do you guys think about the two castle versions, glow vs non-glow? I have 2 glow versions and 3 of the "edited" ones. Think the glow version will be worth a premium? Has anyone gotten lucky and found one recently?

Can you tell the different from the box?

Unless it was planned all along.  When Target has BF sets, they aren't just sets they find laying around.  They order huge amounts of them to stock their stores.  If 9 months ago TRU ordered 10,000 of each MF set, I'm sure TLG would happily make those sets for them.

Fair enough, but the MF line does not scream Christmas to me. If they were going to blow them out I would have expected it to happen before Halloween.