9468 - Vampyre Castle

nolanfan34

TRU Canada is selling Vampire Castle, Scientist and Monster, and Ghost Train for 20% off this week starting tomorrow.

http://www.toysrus.ca/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=12027082

All the Monster Fighter sets look to be 20% off. Now the question is do I buy some more VCs or more Ghost Trains at this point? I'm likeing the VC better for long term but then there is that 'train' factor...

Unbelievable!!!  3 VCs from yoyo.com and 4 VCs from TRU stores all have the sealed tabs tampered.  I only opened one box and the set appears to be complete though.  I didn't open the other 6, but putting the box on a scale the weigh appears to be consistent between each box.

With the quantities running low, not sure if there's anything I could do.

Does any of you have a similar issue from yoyo.com or TRU?

This has been discussed multiple times this year. Lego likely needed to change something out and probably resealed the box.

If they are "Lego" seals, then you have no worries.

From what I have been reading. The set has been retired and them it was available for a while and it now shows retired again. This is getting crazier as we speak.

This set has never been changed to "retired" on US shop.lego.com, it has only been changed back and forth from "sold out"...

Guest TabbyBoy

No such thing as "unretired." It never retired. Just because it was sold out means absolutely nothing.

It said "Retired Product" on LEGO Shop at Home UK a week ago. Back me up, fellow Brits. ;-)

For all you guys who keep wondering about the Vampire Castle's status, The Monster Fighters are done, They are not on the 2014 Wholesale List, So who ever needs The Vampire Castle and other Monster Fighters sets get them, as $80 at Tru Starting Sunday is a good buy. "The Haunted House will be around for a while longer, as the Helm's Deep is also done and not on the 2014 Wholesale list. So Next year at this time we will see who missed the boat on these sets.

Quick note, someone mentioned checking the TRU website for Store Pickup - That is VERY VERY unreliable. I've shown stores out of stock on the website, that when I walk in they have 10 sitting on the shelf. TRU likes to keep X amount of product in their stores, not everything is eligible for pickup.

hmmm all 4 VC I bought from TRU stores recently have the opening tabs tampered on one side of the box.

Now I am worried about contents being stolen by previous buyer before it gets returned to the store.

Can someone let me know how many bags VC supposes to have?

I went to a different Toys R Us today and examined their last two VCs on the shelf and sure enough - doubled seals on one side. Came home and examined the 3 I purchased last night with the 20% off coupon and sure enough - freakin double seals. They're layered so perfectly and the boxes were super clean so I must have glanced over it. But even more oddly, I unpacked 2 that I purchased months and months ago from somewhere else (it wasn't toys r us since I'm a new buyer there) - and yep, perfectly layered double seals on one side.

As someone here alluded there must have been an issue with the set, but it still really bums me out. I haven't been a serious seller yet but it seems this may be an obstacle to overcome - even if just a small one.

Should I be hesitant to clean out my stores on Sunday if the $80 sale happens?? Any thoughts on how the double layered seals will affect future profitability?

Same with the Hearse Set, one item number is shown as retired but if u select the other item number it is available and you can add it to your cart.

One is the set with the glow in the dark feature and the other is the one sans that feature. It must be the glow in the dark that is retired as they switched over to the non glow a while back.