9468 - Vampyre Castle

nolanfan34

Guest TabbyBoy

A little off topic but I recently listed on ebay 4 sets each of VC, Ghost Train and Crazy Scientist. All of my listings were the lowest price as I had gotten all of these sets for free with Kmart points at the 50% of clearance sale.

What I found real interesting is that of the 3 sets, Crazy Scientist was far and away the best seller. All 4 sets went in a flash. I am still sitting on 2 VCs and all 4 Ghost Trains. I never really thought too highly of Crazy Scientist and in fact passed some up. Of course now I am kicking myself!

I didn't buy the train for the sole reason that it wasn't really a train, no rails.  VCs will sell better once 100% EOL from stores.  Surprised at the 9466, good price?

I think the train will still sell well and people will just mod it. The Crazy Scientist seems to be selling at a stable $40 all of a sudden. Looks like all of these sets are going to go away soon, so capitalize now!?!

The VC is running low at my TRU, so I'm going to bite and price match LEGO Shop at Home price while I still can. Received my two HH from Amazon, which I'm banking on good stuff happening, but it appears VC is the more affordable set and it will sell much more quickly in the short term...

Why are so many wondering if this particular set was overproduced? It doesn't even make any sense. You may as well ask if every other set that was ever made was overproduced. The real question is how many of these are put away for resale in the next few years. There weren't more of these produced in 1 year than are produced of plenty of other sets that were or have been available for 2+ years.

• Like 2

Call to check product availability... Perhaps it is finally out for the count.

Maybe it is. The set has been retired in other countries so this makes a lot of sense. Hope it retires soon.

Edit: I just checked USA LEGO Shop at Home and half of the Monster Fighter sets are either sold out of call to check product availability. The whole theme could be on its way out.

I just ordered 4 from yoyo.com.  Looks like they still have some.

Maybe it is. The set has been retired in other countries so this makes a lot of sense. Hope it retires soon.

Edit: I just checked USA LEGO Shop at Home and half of the Monster Fighter sets are either sold out of call to check product availability. The whole theme could be on its way out.

I tried to place an order over the phone today.  The first call around noon I successfully placed an order of 2 VC with holiday gift, even when the web site says "Call for Availability".

Then 2 hrs later I called again to place another order using different VIP #, but the sales rep told me it is all sold out, so she couldn't place an order for me.  Looks like it's all done on LEGO Shop at Home.

That's very interesting.  I am not sure what's going on.  I just tried it couple minutes ago and it still works for me.   I also got e-mail confirmation with order #.

But since you guys are seeing something different, maybe my order would eventually get cancelled.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

This is what it shows up on my machines.