9468 - Vampyre Castle

nolanfan34

No they haven't!

It seems like too many will now be produced as Lego UK have just UNRETIRED it!

"Out of stock, expected ship date 14 Nov 2013" You can still order 99x 6032813.

I think you have plenty of time to buy this, I'm now in no rush whatsoever.  This and the other MF "retirees" are now available under a different product code.  I wonder if these new codes will be on the boxes and rarer/valuable.  I'm thinking of ordering one to check and then return it.

Let's get used to Lego's new/longer product cycles! ;-(

Yea, let's get used to the longer product cycle.

Don't you think they also regret for not producing a lot of those well-performed sets? :D

I have a feeling that the VC and the Ghost Train will be all gone at most TRU stores BEFORE Nov 3rd.  I was just playing with TRU web site and trying the In-Store pickup option but none has it in stock within 200 miles where I live.

I would call your local stores as the inventory checker isn't very accurate. I think it works like BB where they have to have a certain amount of copies in order for it to show up as in stock.

• Like 1

As product availability drops, it is to be expected to see the availability fluctuate on the website just based on how inventory management systems work. I don't have any inside information on Lego itself, but I do work frequently with e-commerce systems. My guess is that Lego has a single master inventory management system. They will have various distribution centers/warehouses scattered around the globe. I would imagine that the e-commerce site would be set up in their inventory management system as it own "location or locations". Which means that the inventory management system probably has an on-hand inventory count allocated to the site. That data is what the site code uses to determine the availability status to display. There is probably a threshold and if the inventory count drops below that point, the status changes from "available" to "call" to prevent over committing a limited number of units. As the on-hand counts decreases across the system I would imagine that units are reallocated to locations/warehouses. If one warehouse has 1000 units and another has only 10, it makes sense to ship all 10 to the other facility and close out that unit for that particular warehouse. Now the receiving warehouse has 1010 units. This would also be true for LEGO Shop at Home. There may very well be newly available units being reallocated to LEGO Shop at Home as the counts dwindle. For instance, if TRU is going to be having a large sale they will have already stocked up. If there are 50 units left un-ordered at the facility that handles TRU, those 50 units might be reallocated to LEGO Shop at Home. Having a set fluctuate between "sold out", "call", and even "available" is not cause for assuming the product is suddenly going to be back forever. Changing a product status to "retired product" as has been done for the UK LEGO Shop at Home would be an an actual change made by a person, as opposed to an automatic system change based on stock levels. I think that all MF sets except the Haunted House are still on their way out and that this upcoming sale at TRU will be the last hurrah. 

• Like 5

Interesting.  I just tried your link and it does show "Sold Out".  But if I do a search for product "9468" from the search bar, it shows "Call for availability".

http://search2.lego.com/?q=9468&lang=2057&cc=US

Either case, I plan on getting more for $80 at TRU stores.

Interesting.  I just tried your link and it does show "Sold Out".  But if I do a search for product "9468" from the search bar, it shows "Call for availability".

http://search2.lego.com/?q=9468&lang=2057&cc=US

Either case, I plan on getting more for $80 at TRU stores.

I got to the page I linked by searching. If you click "full details" it takes you to my page.  Lego themselves do not even know what is going on....

No they haven't!

It seems like too many will now be produced as Lego UK have just UNRETIRED it!

"Out of stock, expected ship date 14 Nov 2013" You can still order 99x 6032813.

I think you have plenty of time to buy this, I'm now in no rush whatsoever.  This and the other MF "retirees" are now available under a different product code.  I wonder if these new codes will be on the boxes and rarer/valuable.  I'm thinking of ordering one to check and then return it.

Let's get used to Lego's new/longer product cycles! ;-(

No such thing as "unretired." It never retired. Just because it was sold out means absolutely nothing.

TRU by me still had 4 still in lego shipping boxes, picked up 2x @ $95.99 using 20% off coupon and got 2x leftover Series 3 exclusive minifig packs. I plan to go back Sunday to Price adjust to $80

Boxes of 60 or the pack minifigure pack? My TRU had a few series 5 but it's cheaper on eBay... my TRU has 9 VCs in stock and you guys said it'll go down to $75 this weekend right?

Unbelievable!!!  3 VCs from yoyo.com and 4 VCs from TRU stores all have the sealed tabs tampered.  I only opened one box and the set appears to be complete though.  I didn't open the other 6, but putting the box on a scale the weigh appears to be consistent between each box.

With the quantities running low, not sure if there's anything I could do.

Does any of you have a similar issue from yoyo.com or TRU?