9468 - Vampyre Castle

nolanfan34

A year from now there will plenty people on here saying, man I knew I should have gotten 20 or more of these, Everybody, get them

How much do you think the VC will go for in a year?  I want to buy some more but my budget has already been pre-allocated for more SSD and FB.  Do you think VC will outperform SSD and FB?

Buy soon people, and buy from eBay if that's what it takes to pay below retail. This set will be great to own and resell next Halloween and the Halloween after. Like Emazers said, don't miss out on this set like many did with sets that Eol'ed last year like the QAR, DA, MT, and BP

I got one at TRU today with a price match.

They are starting to dwindle now and are back up to around retail on Ebay. I think this set is gonna be just like the QAR, black pearl, etc. from last year. Its gonna see 25% CAGR or so I think.

I have 8 now - actually the most of any set I own - but I think its definitely worth it.

I got one at TRU today with a price match.

They are starting to dwindle now and are back up to around retail on Ebay. I think this set is gonna be just like the QAR, black pearl, etc. from last year. Its gonna see 25% CAGR or so I think.

I have 8 now - actually the most of any set I own - but I think its definitely worth it.

I think it will do well, not sure if it will see the numbers BP and QAR are seeing........those ships are epic IMO, the VC is great, and castles tend to do well, I just don't know if it will do as well as those ships have.  I hope the VC does as well as they have though!  It will be very interesting to see exactly which sets end up retiring this year.  I feel like there aren't that many great sets retiring this year compared to previous years (of course I'll probably feel differently come February when we see what actually happens after the EOL period ends).  Last year was great though when it came to sets retiring, there were so many heavy weights going out all at once: Maersk Train, Diagon Ally, QAR, Black Pearl, and then the Imperial Shuttle shortly after.  It just seems like there aren't that many iconic sets going out this year compared to last.  It will be great if the whole first wave of Batman and Marvel sets go out as all of those sets are winners IMO.  Let me stop rambling on lol.......

Guest TabbyBoy

I see a lot available in the UK at present so, I'm taking a chance and holding off for bigger discounts or a last minute sale as I'd like to beat US retail prices for once!  If these have been over-produced, the cheaper the better.  If no further discounts, I may just leave them alone.

To answer the original question.... It appears too much of everything we discuss on here has been produced!

I see a lot available in the UK at present so, I'm taking a chance and holding off for bigger discounts or a last minute sale as I'd like to beat US retail prices for once!  If these have been over-produced, the cheaper the better.  If no further discounts, I may just leave them alone.

To answer the original question.... It appears too much of everything we discuss on here has been produced!

Bad thing is the chances are high another Captain America set comes out. Thats why I went ahead and sold some of them once I was doubling my money.

As long as we don't see these as a Black Friday sale at Target or Tru, the set could be $200 by this time next year and rising, Will never be more than the SSD, FB knowbody really know's.

If TRU has this as a Black Friday deal it will still probably be $10 over retail, be a hot buy, and a door buster, limit 1.

At differing rates between $85-100 as our dollar fluctuated. Big W and K-Mart have both had them at $99, and K-Mart's price now here at least sits at $125 flat. There are plenty available so hopefully after Halloween we see some clearances going on with them

Yes at $125 in K-Mart. Will there be a chance they will be going on clearance after halloween? Just read the new K-Mart catalogue and there are three other MF sets (Werewolf, Scientist and also the Hearse) going on a bit of discount.

A little off topic but I recently listed on ebay 4 sets each of VC, Ghost Train and Crazy Scientist. All of my listings were the lowest price as I had gotten all of these sets for free with Kmart points at the 50% of clearance sale.

What I found real interesting is that of the 3 sets, Crazy Scientist was far and away the best seller. All 4 sets went in a flash. I am still sitting on 2 VCs and all 4 Ghost Trains. I never really thought too highly of Crazy Scientist and in fact passed some up. Of course now I am kicking myself!