9468 - Vampyre Castle

nolanfan34

Fair enough, but the MF line does not scream Christmas to me. If they were going to blow them out I would have expected it to happen before Halloween.

I got the same impression when emazers brought this up a few months ago.  However, the whole MF line was featured in ToysRUs' Christmas catalog when other stores put this line on clearance.  This suggested some pre-planning on TRU part.

Oh my gawd just die already! Not every set needs to go on for 3 years. Sheesh.

You know, emazers says a lot of sets arent on the 2014 wholesale order forms. But that wouldn't stop TLG from continuing to produce and sell them just on LEGO Shop at Home... Would it?

The thought of these big sets NEVER retiring is almost becoming a palpable fear. I guess we'll know in January.

You know, something interesting here - Monster Fighters as a theme seems to kind of fill a certain "Theme" role in the Lego line. Dino before it, then basically Power Miners, Atlantis and Pharoh's Quest before that, etc etc. It seems like they have at least one NON-Licensed, NON-Space/Castle/City theme going at any given time, and I am not aware of one replacing Monster Fighters yet? Unless you count the LEGO Movie theme (Which I don't) - I don't think there is one currently filling this void. It seems like TRU has gone through a lot of trouble to get the Exclusive Monster Fighters tags, and to promo the items in their holiday catalogs. I think some of what people are saying may be true, they may keep these around for another year. It's been a relatively short run anyway, and Haunted House is probably not anywhere close to being sold out. 

None of these sets have the "Retiring soon" tag. I could very easily see this sets going into next Spring, where they may begin another product line in the summer. But nothing in my preview 2014 Lego information suggests what that might be.

Oh my gawd just die already! Not every set needs to go on for 3 years. Sheesh.

You know, emazers says a lot of sets arent on the 2014 wholesale order forms. But that wouldn't stop TLG from continuing to produce and sell them just on LEGO Shop at Home... Would it?

The thought of these big sets NEVER retiring is almost becoming a palpable fear. I guess we'll know in January.

Its possible they would still keep them on the website. You just wonder why they would clutter everything up with more and more stuff. But I guess they could just start not retiring stuff and keep selling it on the website. It would suck.

I would not be surprised to see Target or LEGO Shop at Home or both have this set at $75 on BF.

I guarantee you this wont happen - number 1, they clearanced them all out at the stores. Second, if its a TRU exclusive, Target wont have it.

This is the same thing that happened last year with the Harry Potter Castle & The Diagon Alley, Black Pearl and Queen Revenge, there were plenty around still around at Christmas, and all these sets had being made until spring 2012, and were not on the 2013 Wholesale Catalog, so Lego made sure these sets would be available for people to buy for the Holidays, and don't forget about the Imperial Shuttle and the Space Shuttle both of these were still for sale at Christmas and then they retired. Like I said plenty of times before Lego was making these sets 24/7, so all you guys that are worried that The Helm's Deep and VC are not retiring well they are.

• Like 2

This is the same thing that happened last year with the Harry Potter Castle & The Diagon Alley, Black Pearl and Queen Revenge, there were plenty around still around at Christmas, and all these sets had being made until spring 2012, and were not on the 2013 Wholesale Catalog, so Lego made sure these sets would be available for people to buy for the Holidays, and don't forget about the Imperial Shuttle and the Space Shuttle both of these were still for sale at Christmas and then they retired. Like I said plenty of times before Lego was making these sets 24/7, so all you guys that are worried that The Helm's Deep and VC are not retiring well they are.

Always like the post to help me feel better. Lol

• Like 1

Maersk Train was the same way last year as well. That set was totally overlooked.

You know, something interesting here - Monster Fighters as a theme seems to kind of fill a certain "Theme" role in the Lego line. Dino before it, then basically Power Miners, Atlantis and Pharoh's Quest before that, etc etc. It seems like they have at least one NON-Licensed, NON-Space/Castle/City theme going at any given time, and I am not aware of one replacing Monster Fighters yet? Unless you count the LEGO Movie theme (Which I don't) - I don't think there is one currently filling this void. It seems like TRU has gone through a lot of trouble to get the Exclusive Monster Fighters tags, and to promo the items in their holiday catalogs. I think some of what people are saying may be true, they may keep these around for another year. It's been a relatively short run anyway, and Haunted House is probably not anywhere close to being sold out. 

I think it is a fair arguement to say that Ninjago is filling in for MF. Not that the Ninjago line actually is new or anything, but TLG did take a break from it, kind of around the time that MF was introduced, which could suggest a switch-off in production.

Maersk Train was the same way last year as well. That set was totally overlooked.

Yes, this exactly!!  Also as Emazers said, this happens every year.  Don't worry folks the VC is definitely on the way out!  It is only scheduled to sold through the end of the year.  When stock runs out then it will be done.  Typically stock of Eol'ing sets will disappear prior to the holidays or right around the holidays, or sometimes in the case of the 10212 Imperial Shuttle I believe it was February before it finally disappeared on Amazon (disappeared at retail that is).  You will see sets go in and out of stock, to sold out, to available, etc.  The same thing is taking place with the Orc Forge right now too.

how do i tell which is the glow and which is the non glow?

We haven't mentioned this in a while, but what do you guys think about the two castle versions, glow vs non-glow? I have 2 glow versions and 3 of the "edited" ones. Think the glow version will be worth a premium? Has anyone gotten lucky and found one recently?

I would think it would command a higher price - If people knew about it (the people that will buy retired sets).

Maybe if you make an Ebay listing and really really point it out. But things like this for lego don't make a big difference unless people know about them. If this happened in a Minecraft set - gold. But here, I don't see too much. A shame though because I think its definitely more desirable.

I would think it would command a higher price - If people knew about it (the people that will buy retired sets).

Maybe if you make an Ebay listing and really really point it out. But things like this for lego don't make a big difference unless people know about them. If this happened in a Minecraft set - gold. But here, I don't see too much. A shame though because I think its definitely more desirable.

right? I think the castle would look way better in the dark with the more things it had that can glow