9468 - Vampyre Castle

nolanfan34

The Vampyre castle is done. How many are you seeing at your local Lego stores? How long has it been since Walmart, Target, etc has had them in store, or online? Lego sent TRU the remaining inventory. LEGO Shop at Home's sale price is placed to clear out any remaining inventory that could be in a few stores around the Nation. If this set was going to be around for a while you would see Vampyre Castles still at major retailers. Also the sale price wouldn't be in place. 

• Like 1

It's not close to retiring anytime soon. Don't get head faked into loading up. You got at least one more round of Halloween to go before this is done.

Does this advice come from that same S@H employee that told you WVC wasn't retiring, or is this strictly speculation?

• Like 3

The Vampyre castle is done. How many are you seeing at your local Lego stores? How long has it been since Walmart, Target, etc has had them in store, or online? Lego sent TRU the remaining inventory. LEGO Shop at Home's sale price is placed to clear out any remaining inventory that could be in a few stores around the Nation. If this set was going to be around for a while you would see Vampyre Castles still at major retailers. Also the sale price wouldn't be in place. 

So you're saying I should keep all 8 then? Blick once for yes, twice for no.

Does this advice come from that same LEGO Shop at Home employee that told you WVC wasn't retiring, or is this strictly speculation?

Hahaa...my speculation is as good as yours. It is listed as hard to find and until the big boy up top says its done, don't count your chickens. Having said that, I'll grab a couple more for $75 on TRU's blowout sale.

I was checking LSH daily and the VC was sold out for a while, then suddenly went on sale! I called just to make sure I wasn't missing out somehow, and sure enough, I was informed that they were sold out. But then I went over to TRU which had been selling it for $139.99. They marked it down 20%, then had another 10% today only deal. I ordered 4 online for $107.97 each. The next day I went in to the store looking for something else and noticed they had some in stock there too. I showed them the LSH "sale" price, and they price matched it for me - less an addtional 10%! (fortunately they didn't notice it was out of stock!) So I picked up another 4 at $81.88 each. I was planning on returning the ones I ordered online when they arrive, but I'm not so sure... After building the set myself, and seeing how cool it is, I think I can see the value of keeping them all.

Btw, being in Canada, the regular MSRP for the VC is $129.99 on LSH, so this seemed like a pretty good deal to me.

What the heck. $81 is a sweet deal. I'm going to TRU tomorrow to check!

Hahaa...my speculation is as good as yours. It is listed as hard to find and until the big boy up top says its done, don't count your chickens. Having said that, I'll grab a couple more for $75 on TRU's blowout sale.

Agreed, speculation is just that. But there are clear signs this one will be done soon - for one, it's not listed on S@H Australia any more, a typical precursor to US and Canada retirement. Two, there are none left in Lego Stores anywhere in North America. I wouldn't wait on this much longer, but that's just me speculating :)

• Like 1

When is this 75% blowout sale taking place?

Lots of inventory left of vampyre castles in a few stores here and there is more than likely the last of those sets the store(s) will see. Ever. The MF line is done. Remaining inventory is it.

Agreed, speculation is just that. But there are clear signs this one will be done soon - for one, it's not listed on LEGO Shop at Home Australia any more, a typical precursor to US and Canada retirement. Two, there are none left in Lego Stores anywhere in North America. I wouldn't wait on this much longer, but that's just me speculating :)

Meh, Australia is on the bottom of the planet so everything is always discontinued there or not available. I still see these sets laying around at the lego store.

What the heck. $81 is a sweet deal. I'm going to TRU tomorrow to check!

Show them the LSH sale price, but try not to let them see it's out of stock. I initially took a screenshot of it on my phone so it conveniently cut off the part where "sold out" was shown, but they wanted it from the internet so they could see it was current. Let me know how it goes.

Show them the LSH sale price, but try not to let them see it's out of stock. I initially took a screenshot of it on my phone so it conveniently cut off the part where "sold out" was shown, but they wanted it from the internet so they could see it was current. Let me know how it goes.

I was testing it with my phone to see how I can hide the sold out sign. Works like a charm. Hahaha

Do I ask them for another 10% off the $90? Is that their policy?

Thanks!

I was testing it with my phone to see how I can hide the sold out sign. Works like a charm. Hahaha

Do I ask them for another 10% off the $90? Is that their policy?

Thanks!

Yes, when the difference in price is greater than 5%, they will take off another 10%. I had actually called TRU customer service the day before when I first noticed LSH sale price. I wanted them to price match for me over the phone for an online order. The customer service rep said they don't price match with the manufacturer. I insisted that the Lego Store is a store, but she said their policy doesn't include price matching with LSH. I didn't believe her so thought I'd try my luck in person, and the results worked rather nicely. (Though it didn't come with VIP points... :(  ) 

• Like 1

Yes, when the difference in price is greater than 5%, they will take off another 10%. I had actually called TRU customer service the day before when I first noticed LSH sale price. I wanted them to price match for me over the phone for an online order. The customer service rep said they don't price match with the manufacturer. I insisted that the Lego Store is a store, but she said their policy doesn't include price matching with LSH. I didn't believe her so thought I'd try my luck in person, and the results worked rather nicely. (Though it didn't come with VIP points... :( )

Ok, it's worth a try. I built the HH but haven't built the castle yet. Will get another one to build while I keep my other two in my collection. This is going to match real good with my Arkham asylum. Did you go to the TRU on broadway?

Ok, it's worth a try. I built the HH but haven't built the castle yet. Will get another one to build while I keep my other two in my collection. This is going to match real good with my Arkham asylum. Did you go to the TRU on broadway?

No, Thornhill - Steeles and Yonge. I've got the HH as a gift for my nephew who is coming to visit next week. I've been dying to build it since I bought it about a month ago. He's only 5, so you can bet I'll be mostly building it anyway. I had to work very hard not to let that allow me to rationalize opening it and putting it together before he gets here. (Well, I'm not out of the woods just yet...)

I was checking LSH daily and the VC was sold out for a while, then suddenly went on sale! I called just to make sure I wasn't missing out somehow, and sure enough, I was informed that they were sold out. But then I went over to TRU which had been selling it for $139.99. They marked it down 20%, then had another 10% today only deal. I ordered 4 online for $107.97 each. The next day I went in to the store looking for something else and noticed they had some in stock there too. I showed them the LSH "sale" price, and they price matched it for me - less an addtional 10%! (fortunately they didn't notice it was out of stock!) So I picked up another 4 at $81.88 each. I was planning on returning the ones I ordered online when they arrive, but I'm not so sure... After building the set myself, and seeing how cool it is, I think I can see the value of keeping them all. 

Btw, being in Canada, the regular MSRP for the VC is $129.99 on LSH, so this seemed like a pretty good deal to me.

Thanks buddy. I just went to TRU, they had 4 on the shelf. Grabbed 2 of them with the same deal! Woohoo!

• 2 weeks later...