9468 - Vampyre Castle

nolanfan34

Investing long term is what makes people rich, money made today sounds more like a Salary. and I agree that in order for investment capital to grow, profits need to be taken, maybe it is as simple as that mine is Bigger :shifty: , capital that is.... jejeje....... I do not have anything against flipping things, hey I do it when there is a chance, but regarding this set, I believe that at 80 bucks, has a lot of potential, even to flip it really soon, as soon as this Christmas......

Investing in LEGO will never made you "rich." The value of all of the portfolios of everyone on this site is only $50 million. It can provide a nice supplementary income or even primary, but thinking this will make you a 1 percenter will probably leave you disappointed. In my mind, money today means having more money to work with today to allow for more to be there tomorrow.

I'm sorry if I come across as arrogant or a know it all. I don't mean to, I'm just very matter if fact when a post online. And you're right, I don't have a crystal ball and I have a stack of MF sets that I'm disappointed will possible sit on my shelves for another year. But I'm saying at this point in the game my gut says don't buy anymore MF and there are better choices out there that can make me the same amount if money as a VC but sooner. But everyone has their gut feeling and should follow it accordingly!

Or it's the pride of experienced members making excuses, instead of admitting fault. The object of every investor is to procure the set for the least amount of money, and hold the set for the least amount of time---and sell for the most amount of money.

We will never hit all 3 goals, but 2 out if 3 isn't bad.

I have no problem admitting my mistakes.

I really screwed up big time on all those epic dragons I bought last year. Thought I was scoring them for 87 bucks or so using all manner of shenanigans at Kmart with their rewards games. Bought about 20 between there and the entertainment earth deal for 90 each. Sat on these things for close to a year now for nothing...as I just bought 10 more for less than 60 each.

Some would call that dollar cost averaging to make themselves feel better---but it was a huge screw up, waste of time, space and capital. That is a fact.

Or it's the pride of experienced members making excuses, instead of admitting fault. The object of every investor is to procure the set for the least amount of money, and hold the set for the least amount of time---and sell for the most amount of money.

We will never hit all 3 goals, but 2 out if 3 isn't bad. .

That right there is the key. Anybody doing anything else is losing potential income. Even if you label it as being an "investor" you're still losing money, which is either silly (if you're lazy) or dumb (if you don't understand why). Not to offend anyone in particular, just speaking general terms!

Exactly my point....... This could be Flipped as soon as Christmas....

For how much? If you paid $79.99 plus tax your cost is about $85. TRU will sell theirs on eBay for $129 plus free shipping. Which, to make your appetizing to a buyer you'll have to undercut that. So let's say $119 plus free shipping. If shipping costs you $10-15, after you pay eBay/PayPal fees, what are you walking away with? $10-15? I don't know about you, but my labor is worth more than that. That's almost charity work...

Now, if you got the VC for $60 or less, that's a different story of course...

That right there is the key. Anybody doing anything else is losing potential income. Even if you label it as being an "investor" you're still losing money, which is either silly (if you're lazy) or dumb (if you don't understand why). Not to offend anyone in particular, just speaking general terms!

Well you try not to offend but you do, you do not pay attention to details, there are some of us that can turn even a bad deal like Willies, into a profit.... I am not in the US , and even if I pay MSRP I can make 40% profit flipping sets. I am selling 4184

Well you try not to offend but you do, you do not pay attention to details, there are some of us that can turn even a bad deal like Willies, into a profit.... I am not in the US , and even if I pay MSRP I can make 40% profit flipping sets. I am selling 4184

Do consider that everyone is different....some people have coupons, gift cards, no state taxes.  They can also order it online and get free shipping boxes and packaging...Nobody here is the same.  It is worth some people's time, and others it is not.  if there was a failproof way everyone would do it.  Even so, one could return it if they were that upset with the market. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

For those of you in the UK, I always find Tesco a good source of sets near, at or just after EOL.  Only this Summer I got 3182 Airports for

For how much? If you paid $79.99 plus tax your cost is about $85. TRU will sell theirs on eBay for $129 plus free shipping. Which, to make your appetizing to a buyer you'll have to undercut that. So let's say $119 plus free shipping. If shipping costs you $10-15, after you pay eBay/PayPal fees, what are you walking away with? $10-15? I don't know about you, but my labor is worth more than that. That's almost charity work...

Now, if you got the VC for $60 or less, that's a different story of course...

Haha, for some people, this is a hobby or a sport. The fun is to be able to sell at profit before accounting for own labour cost. It's the same for bargain hunters, some drive around for the cheapest deal, just for the fun of getting a good discount, although their fuel cost and time spent is probably worth more than the discount gained.

• 2 weeks later...

sold out again and the sale is back ...what the hell

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this... I was starting to go crazy over the fact that I always "missed" the sale prices.  I have always had fairly bad luck, but even mine isn't that bad.  For as often as I check the LEGO Shop at Home site, I would have thought I'd catch an in-stock sale by now, but nope.

• Like 1

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this... I was starting to go crazy over the fact that I always "missed" the sale prices.  I have always had fairly bad luck, but even mine isn't that bad.  For as often as I check the LEGO Shop at Home site, I would have thought I'd catch an in-stock sale by now, but nope.

I have enough VC for myself, i just keep checking for the retired symbol.  It is frustrating.  Keep trying on TRU site to get lucky when it goes to 99.99 and then has a bogo or coupon.

I have enough VC for myself, i just keep checking for the retired symbol.  It is frustrating.  Keep trying on TRU site to get lucky when it goes to 99.99 and then has a bogo or coupon.

It's not close to retiring anytime soon. Don't get head faked into loading up. You got at least one more round of Halloween to go before this is done.

I was checking LSH daily and the VC was sold out for a while, then suddenly went on sale! I called just to make sure I wasn't missing out somehow, and sure enough, I was informed that they were sold out. But then I went over to TRU which had been selling it for $139.99. They marked it down 20%, then had another 10% today only deal. I ordered 4 online for $107.97 each. The next day I went in to the store looking for something else and noticed they had some in stock there too. I showed them the LSH "sale" price, and they price matched it for me - less an addtional 10%! (fortunately they didn't notice it was out of stock!) So I picked up another 4 at $81.88 each. I was planning on returning the ones I ordered online when they arrive, but I'm not so sure... After building the set myself, and seeing how cool it is, I think I can see the value of keeping them all. 

Btw, being in Canada, the regular MSRP for the VC is $129.99 on LSH, so this seemed like a pretty good deal to me.