9468 - Vampyre Castle

nolanfan34

One thing I forgot to mention is when I was checking out, the other manager came up to do the cash register override... and said "Wow.. good deal.. I knew these things were being discontinued...."

I didn't press him on it.. because I wanted to get out of the store with my loot.. But it seems like he wouldn't have said that if he didn't know that they were.

Anyway, grain of salt and all of that. I should have mentioned it earlier.

Who know's what will happen...

I went ahead to TRU and tried to price match the VC.  I was able to get 2 limit for the 25 dollar price.  I told the lady that it was lego.com and she saw the sold out on the screen. She said her store matches lego.com. Didn't seem to phase her.  I went to 4 other and got denied at each.  Went back got someone else, and they said no.

So it's a slim chance, everyone's different.

However, if they allow it, I would suggest getting the logging truck, space center, and technik helicopter as well.

Congrats on the 2! Yeah it's hit and miss. I went to the only other TRU near me and tried to pick up 3 more VC and I was shut down. Wouldn't even consider it.

The thing about the first TRU I went to is that they dont have a station where they can access the internet up front at the registers, thats why I just showed my phone.. too small to see the "sold out".

I'm actually out hunting as I text... been hitting Targets looking for retired sets, LOTR mainly. But very near to my lucky TRU, so I'm about to go there again.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely look for them.

I struck out today. I thought for a second I was going to get lucky again at the same TRU. It was a different crew and it sounded promising, but as soon as they called up the manager (a new one) she said that they only price match competitors and Lego.com wasn't one of them.

I still think it depends on who you get and I'm not finished trying. They are about wiped out of MF though. They have a few trains, hearses and werewolves and that's it. They did have the helicopters, trucks and space centers, however.

Other TRU has Helm's Deep. I would pull the trigger on one of those if I could get a 15% coupon. Know of any printable ones?

For everyone here that got their VC's for 25.  Please don't sell yours for 75.  Minimum 100 please...get the ROI you deserve.  You shouldn't have to hold onto these forever to see your money back and then some.  Getting 75% off and then flipping for a quick 25 or so would be foolish.

• Like 3

Guest TabbyBoy

I think the market will be flooded next Hallowe'en since these are still available at several retailers.  I'm hanging on until 2015 when hopefully supply has dried up a bit by then.  There are a lot of these being hoarded.