9468 - Vampyre Castle

nolanfan34

tried to PM at TRU too from the Canadian price of $34.xx, but the cashier said it's a US website (Lego.com) even though it shows it in Canadian prices. What?!?

Manager wouldn't let it go through (I think he was so shocked at the extreme price different. They have it $20 over retail here, for $150. Lego sells it for $130). too bad.

I'm late to the party on this set since I just started collecting this year.  I know this is retired on the LEGO site, but Toys R Us still has it in stock.  Is it worth getting a set for $100 after the $15 discount, including tax?  I'm thinking as a personal set but also for potential future resale.

Should I just hold out for a better deal?  (Unlikely?)

I'm late to the party on this set since I just started collecting this year.  I know this is retired on the LEGO site, but Toys R Us still has it in stock.  Is it worth getting a set for $100 after the $15 discount, including tax?  I'm thinking as a personal set but also for potential future resale.

If you aint got none, get'er.

I ain't got none, but Target clearance done spoiled me on 50% LEGOs!

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Yes, sometimes you just have to get them while you can, full price or not.  I saw the Maersk Train linger for 3 months at $90 - $99.  I skipped it and ended up paying $190 a few short months later.

If you want one for your own collection buy it now or you will end up having to pay even more.

I am not sure if this is an "endorsed by BP community" way, but you could buy TRU 20% off coupon on eBay (assuming you don't have one), and buy a few castles. You will have to pay for the coupon itself, but in comparison to total saving (if you are buying more than one), you still save few bucks. If you want to buy only one, then current 15 off 50 promotion does stack with coupon (at least the one I have does).

Though I guess 20% off entire regular price _purchase_ coupon is more rare (read: more expensive) than single item coupon...

I ain't got none, but Target clearance done spoiled me on 50% LEGOs!

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Vampyre Castle is a TRU exclusive, so you aren't going to see a discount as deep as 50%.  I got one for myself during Christmas for around $70 using BOGO and a coupon, but it really varies from store to store whether or not they let you stack coupons with BOGO deals.

If you think you're even a little bit interested in this set, I'd pick up at least one now before it goes away.  Even if you decide you don't want it later you'll be able to sell it off for a profit.  It's an awesome set, I really like the whole MF theme.

Vampyre Castle is a TRU exclusive, so you aren't going to see a discount as deep as 50%.  I got one for myself during Christmas for around $70 using BOGO and a coupon, but it really varies from store to store whether or not they let you stack coupons with BOGO deals.

If you think you're even a little bit interested in this set, I'd pick up at least one now before it goes away.  Even if you decide you don't want it later you'll be able to sell it off for a profit.  It's an awesome set, I really like the whole MF theme.

The window to buy this set is shrinking very quickly. If you do want one buy one now with the TRU BOGO in effect. Good chance it will be the best price you see on it and supply will be gone soon.