9468 - Vampyre Castle

nolanfan34

What are predictions for this set? Nice flip next Halloween or slow and sure

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

This year's halloween will net you about $150-$180USD on ebay. Next year, who knows, If the HH is discontinued, people will go for the cheaper option, meaning this thing goes to $200 while the HH goes north of $300.

i picked up 2 of the VC and 2 Ghost Trains - with the buy one get one 50 off, so ended up being 1 ghost train for 75.  i don't why i like the ghost train - i just do.  might have to put a motor on that bad boy.  they also had they crazy scientist and his monster.  all 3 of these are EOL on the lego.com site and i have not seen anywhere else.

too bad they didn't have a case of "the zombies" - that would have been AWESOME.

im going to have to check out hobbytown stores now. if you can pick up the zombies 9465 at msrp $40 you could more than triple your dough-ray-mi $140.

on a completely unrelated note, i just scored 7 EOL architecture gugenheims for msrp with 10% off member discount at barnes and noble after striking out at next door walmart and target.

Managed to snag two today.

Walked in, they had three left.  I grabbed two.  They were marked $119.99.  I mentioned that they were $109.99 online.  They said that was fine.  Then I asked if they'd still do the BOGO 50%.  The manager came over and said, "sure, why not?"

She rang me up, and I offered up my 2 $5 Rewards bucks, and she happily took those as well.  $77.50 each.

I went into one local TRU to snag two Unimogs, and I couldn't help but notice ALL the Monster Fighters (and they had quite a bit) as well as the Train Stations were all gone. I know they didn't sell, so I am not sure if this means they sent them back to the warehouse - and there might be a Barrel Escape style Ebay TRU clearance of these items soon, or if they might just sell them off the website exclusively. All Lone Ranger items except the Train were gone as well. However, they magically seemed to have found several Mines of Morias, so that was interesting.

im going to have to check out hobbytown stores now. if you can pick up the zombies 9465 at msrp $40 you could more than triple your dough-ray-mi $140.

on a completely unrelated note, i just scored 7 EOL architecture gugenheims for msrp with 10% off member discount at barnes and noble after striking out at next door walmart and target.

Zombies was Target exclusive. Good luck finding it anywhere else in US for msrp

I went into one local TRU to snag two Unimogs, and I couldn't help but notice ALL the Monster Fighters (and they had quite a bit) as well as the Train Stations were all gone. I know they didn't sell, so I am not sure if this means they sent them back to the warehouse - and there might be a Barrel Escape style Ebay TRU clearance of these items soon, or if they might just sell them off the website exclusively. All Lone Ranger items except the Train were gone as well. However, they magically seemed to have found several Mines of Morias, so that was interesting.

Noticed my Local TRU has removed all Lone Ranger sets from the floor, and i know they didn't all sell. There were tons and no sales on them since December. Still got the mountain of Monster Fighter sets on the shelves though.

Noticed my Local TRU has removed all Lone Ranger sets from the floor, and i know they didn't all sell. There were tons and no sales on them since December. Still got the mountain of Monster Fighter sets on the shelves though.

I've never know TRU to liquidate to TJ Maxx or Marshall's type stores.  Maybe they'll just relocate them somewhere an bring them back.  My TRU has Cars 2 sets that disappear and reappear all the time.

Still alive, I figured this would have gone after the first day of BOGO.  Either people are full up and aren't buy many anymore, or they still have a ton of castles.

I must have got the last couple crazy scientist sets.  I put my order in earlier this week, and now the entry is completely gone from their website.  Haven't seen it on store shelves, so looks like we're good on that set at least.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

We still have them for sale all over the UK and it's lingering a bit too long for my liking. I now wish that I'd bought another 6 Fire Brigades instead of 10 of these.