9468 - Vampyre Castle

nolanfan34

Guest TabbyBoy

why are there two codes with a drop down box for it on lego.co.uk? one is 4654242 which says retired. the other says 6032813 which says in stock?

I ordered the latter and they arrived yesterday.

I have no problem loading up on this set at the $80 Toys R Us price because I predict a value of $200 or so within two years of EOL. The Harry Potter and non-licensed castles have usually followed this trajectory since '06 or so. 

Is EOL likely to happen within the next few months?  Yes.

Various smaller Monster Fighters sets are sold out at Shop at Home (the Vampyre Hearse, Crazy Scientist, etc.)  Since the Vampyre Castle debuted in that wave, it will probably follow suit.  

Just picked up a copy of the Toys R Us " wish finder " book in the store. Flipped through the pages and saw they marked all the Monster Fighter sets as "our exclusives". And sure enought TRU is the only big retailer now that has all the MF sets fully in stock ( at least in my store). With all other big retailer clearance out this theme earlier and now TRU claiming these as their exclusives, just thought it is very interesting.

I saw that. Also, when I went to both of my Toys R Us's near me they were fully stocked with VC's as well. And I know I cleared them out last week, I even had the manager check to see if there were more because I needed one more and they only had 1 on the shelf security strapped.

Also, both TRU's had 3 lego bat caves for 89.99. They weren't returns, they were pristine boxes. Maybe some last minute pushes of product to get it out of the warehouses? I hadn't seen Bat Caves at these TRU's since August however.

I saw that. Also, when I went to both of my Toys R Us's near me they were fully stocked with VC's as well. And I know I cleared them out last week, I even had the manager check to see if there were more because I needed one more and they only had 1 on the shelf security strapped.

Also, both TRU's had 3 lego bat caves for 89.99. They weren't returns, they were pristine boxes. Maybe some last minute pushes of product to get it out of the warehouses? I hadn't seen Bat Caves at these TRU's since August however.

I believe TLG is now messing with resellers every chance they get.

If it's listed as retired on the European sites it will be going in the US fairly soon as well.  Just because they're back in stock doesn't mean it won't disappear again in the next month or so.  This set will be gone in the next few months, so grab it while it's back in stock.

the monster fighters sadly arent listed as retired on the European LEGO Shop at Home! There are two different serialnumbers you can choose. For example the Vampire Castle  4654242 (w/ glowing stickers) is retired and the "new" 6032813 (w/o glowing stickers) is still available on all european LEGO Shop at Home. Same for vampire hearse, Mummy etc.

With an expect ship date of November 25, 2013, I think there is a super high chance that the VC will be on a BF sale. Probably discounted to $60-$75. I'm not extremely surprised though. No doubt that it will retire very soon though, with it listed as retired on other LEGO Shop at Home sites. Looking at some other retirement dates though, sets can last over 6 months longer on the US LEGO Shop at Home site than other sites, notably LEGO Shop at Home UK. Also happens vice versa.

With an expect ship date of November 25, 2013, I think there is a super high chance that the VC will be on a BF sale. Probably discounted to $60-$75. I'm not extremely surprised though. No doubt that it will retire very soon though, with it listed as retired on other LEGO Shop at Home sites. Looking at some other retirement dates though, sets can last over 6 months longer on the US LEGO Shop at Home site than other sites, notably LEGO Shop at Home UK. Also happens vice versa.

What kind of proof is there of that?  Heavy discounts on Lego LEGO Shop at Home are usually left for poor performers and unpopular sets.  The VC is neither.

What kind of proof is there of that?  Heavy discounts on Lego LEGO Shop at Home are usually left for poor performers and unpopular sets.  The VC is neither.

Just a guess. ;) No proof whatsoever. I actually was thinking that the VC would be part of the BF sales of a store besides LEGO Shop at Home. Maybe Target or TRU. All guessing at this point though.

Interesting. Seems like only certain TRU received a minor stock for the VC. This may very well be a slim and last ditch effort by TLC to unload everything here. The $80 price seemed to be a sweet price for both investors and collectors, so we'll see what happens by the end of the month...