9468 - Vampyre Castle

nolanfan34

Today I was at our lego Shop here in germany, everything from the MF line except the HH is on clearance, so I guess it is official that it is retired.

There are 2 vcs in Frankfurt left for -30% in Case someone wants them. I skipped them because I got way to much VCS stored!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You all aren't going to believe this, but I literally read this post about an hour and a half ago. I saw the advertised price on Lego.com and my eyes popped out of my head because I knew my Toys R Us had four of them. So I called them to ask if they would price match Lego.com and after some unsurity they said that they would. I didn't tell them exactly what I was looking for though. I live close to an hour away from my Toys R Us and had to be there before 9. I did Mach 3 trying to get there fast enough.

when I got there I got a cart and casually strolled over to the Lego aisle. I got every last one of their vampyre castles, (4). I then went to the cash register and told them I had talked to the manager, who said that they would price match Lego.com. She said it was me that you talk to and we will, that she just had to see the ad and asked, "How much were they?".. I said "$24.98" smiling like the cheshire cat. She said, "Well I told you we would, we have to do it."

I got 4 9468 for $109.16 with tax!

This is my first big score, as I just started investing a couple of months ago.

Pictures to come with the receipt as soon as I get home. (I'm writing this from the parking lot LOL)

• Like 3

You all aren't going to believe this, but I literally read this post about an hour and a half ago. I saw the advertised price on Lego.com and my eyes popped out of my head because I knew my Toys R Us had four of them. So I called them to ask if they would price match Lego.com and after some unsurity they said that they would. I didn't tell them exactly what I was looking for though. I live close to an hour away from my Toys R Us and had to be there before 9. I did Mach 3 trying to get there fast enough.

when I got there I got a cart and casually strolled over to the Lego aisle. I got every last one of their vampyre castles, (4). I then went to the cash register and told them I had talked to the manager, who said that they would price match Lego.com. She said it was me that you talk to and we will, that she just had to see the ad and asked, "How much were they?".. I said "$24.98" smiling like the cheshire cat. She said, "Well I told you we would, we have to do it."

I got 4 9468 for $109.16 with tax!

This is my first big score, as I just started investing a couple of months ago.

Pictures to come with the receipt as soon as I get home. (I'm writing this from the parking lot LOL)

Wow

It was a young girl who was the manager, which was good.... because if it had been different they probably would have balked.

She said she had to see the price, I just held up my phone and showed her. Then she had that look on her face like she'd been taken. :)

I'm just glad to get them at this price. Whether or not Lego pulls a fast one and brings them back at some point, I'll still make some money.