My order status

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone order the recent $149 Medieval Blacksmiths at Target?  I had three in my cart and was about ready to pay when I noticed this statement: "This item ships in its original packaging, revealing what’s inside."  It scared me away from ordering.  For future reference, I'd be interested in hearing the experience of those that ordered.

3 minutes ago, raindog said:

Did anyone order the recent $149 Medieval Blacksmiths at Target?  I had three in my cart and was about ready to pay when I noticed this statement: "This item ships in its original packaging, revealing what’s inside."  It scared me away from ordering.  For future reference, I'd be interested in hearing the experience of those that ordered.

that usually means frustration free packaging.  outer cardboard lego carton.  as always with target, ymmv.

Edited by cladner

One would hope that's what they meant but I remember the Harry Potter & Hermione Granger sets and how they just slapped a sticker on those.  Also, I had to return two Brick Bountys for that same, exact reason.  It's why I am asking my question of those that actually ordered the Blacksmith.

7 minutes ago, raindog said:

One would hope that's what they meant but I remember the Harry Potter & Hermione Granger sets and how they just slapped a sticker on those.  Also, I had to return two Brick Bountys for that same, exact reason.  It's why I am asking my question of those that actually ordered the Blacksmith.

no way to tell without ordering.  they just got them in stock yesterday.  no one has gotten them yet.  even when you order a frustration free set from amazon, they will send you someone's FBA stock.  i  have about 2 dozen dented/smashed tie fighter pilot helmets i never returned and will make very good money on.  if there is a set u can take a flyer on and make money on it damaged, its probably medieval blacksmith.  the 3 Friends main street modulars i got from target last week using my wife's account were all slightly dented and one had a hole in it and they were shipped in a box with bubbles etc. roll the dice.

Edited by cladner

2 hours ago, raindog said:

got one today that was in a outer target box that was somewhat beaten up. the lego box itself was in okay condition, but all seals completely popped off. lol. Target is such a crap shoot. 

You can add B&N to the bubble envelope crowd.  I ordered 4 orders of the Mando Starfighter this past weekend.  The first three arrived fine but the final package, a single set, was shipped in a bubble mailer.  Came through in pretty good shape.  Only dinged corners and a slight crush.

• Sad 1

On 2/28/2023 at 11:43 AM, ravenb99 said:

I got the delay email yesterday morning , then shipped last night and arrived today from the greenfield, in dotcom facility

All but 1 order that is shipping from Texas still delayed. These must be in transit to stores still. 

My BTS order went to BO but Walle BHZ and Moving Van GWP already shipped.

35 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

All but 1 order that is shipping from Texas still delayed. These must be in transit to stores still. 

My BTS order went to BO but Walle BHZ and Moving Van GWP already shipped.

must be on there bad side,  did another order yesterday and already shipped

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Had to take advantage of the Amazon “Sale “. I think it will do great EOL and probably won’t get remade as a UCS for at least 10 years. Maybe we will get a minifig scale version next year but this one is to build.  

DC661506-03E6-4BE4-9D6A-D9966FE9E70E.jpeg

Aw man I'm so tempted by that set. One of my favourite ships, and I fawned over the old ones as a kid. However its so large - and in such an awkward way too, that I've got no easy place to display it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Graphicski said:

Aw man I'm so tempted by that set. One of my favourite ships, and I fawned over the old ones as a kid. However its so large - and in such an awkward way too, that I've got no easy place to display it.

Same thing I am thinking about the UCS AT-AT and Razor Crest. Amazing sets, but after seeing them in real life at Lego shop, I'll have nowhere to put them.

• Like 1

@Graphicski

@Voltron

Agreed! I don't have, and won't get the UCS AT-AT or the MILF, still hoping for a Kohls deal on the Razor Crest this Fall. 

I had gotten 2 from Zavi when they had them for $315 ($350/10% off) but sold them. Then when the price increase came I didn't want to pay $400 but knew when this one retires I would want it and end up paying more. Reading and watching reviews there are a lot of minor issues with this set, clear stickers and stability being the biggest, but I think the positives outweigh them. As far as how and where to display it that will have to work itself out someday. 

What are people's experience with ordering multiple sets like 75309 Gunship on Amazon?  Are they all shipped separately or do they throw multiples in big boxes?  thanks  I know the biggest sets ship separately -- i.e.  Death Star, Star Destroyer, etc. but these?

19 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

What are people's experience with ordering multiple sets like 75309 Gunship on Amazon?  Are they all shipped separately or do they throw multiples in big boxes?  thanks  I know the biggest sets ship separately -- i.e.  Death Star, Star Destroyer, etc. but these?

Not the gunship but I have purchased multiples of 3 large sets same height and width but not depth in FF packaging and they all shipped together in their own Lego box and then placed in a larger Amazon box. These might be a tad bit too large for that, go for it?

ETA: Sets like Gunship, Cantina, Home Alone would be nice to know. 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1