My order status

Sigh ordered knights castle to land Majisto and Christmas market GWPs.

Shipped them separately with a blind box minifigure, which worked, but now that package is lost (of course).

The big ole castle that I didn’t really need is delivering today though! 🫠

Lego CS offered to give me a different GWP, but at this point I’m going to hope the delayed mail shows up. Otherwise I’m returning the whole thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, keymomachine said:

I went to open the shipping box but noticed the DO NOT PUT ON SHELF sticker and realized it's come in it's original shipper... from last summer! This is original stock!

image.thumb.jpeg.b20a7f4144761e07309be1421416a43e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3dcd64143c6d7672fe6f297ba57e1066.jpeg

I just got the same thing from Target on a Rolling Stones art set I got to build 30% off still in original first run shipper. 

Also got 1 of my Amazon Police Station Modulars 36R23 shipped from Cali to east coast in a huge oversized box with no packing. Lots of scuffs some of the black ink on the box looks white and some minor compression. 

This is the down side of opportunity cost and waiting until EOL to buy. 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

I just got the same thing from Target on a Rolling Stones art set I got to build 30% off still in original first run shipper. 

Also got 1 of my Amazon Police Station Modulars 36R23 shipped from Cali to east coast in a huge oversized box with no packing. Lots of scuffs some of the black ink on the box looks white and some minor compression. 

This is the down side of opportunity cost and waiting until EOL to buy. 

That's why you should day 1 buy 25-50 of each set in gem mint boxes, put em back 5 years and forget it......And DON'T CRACK!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, keymomachine said:

Ok, but that doesn't surprise me in the slightest. You're literally the first person to purchase one!  👅

The Great Wave got me hooked! A lot of the bad reviews on the Tongue set were about missing pieces in the first run sets that were fixed by Lego with a supplemental bag that was added to the set. So I guess I will be contacting them at some point. Others complained that the all Red on Red build was too hard to discern with the instructions.

I am building The Amazing Spider-Man now and well the set is, Amazing! I got it for $140 on eBay and definitely worth it so far. I went and bought all of the 3-D art/ideas/icons sets this week to build and hang.  Grabbed Starry Night from Lego yesterday to get the GWP and Tales of the Space Age from Amazon Sale as well. I think I will pass on Modern Art unless it goes to the 40% off sale bin. 

I read an article titled: “Too Much Nostalgia”, maybe on Jays Brick Blog about how none of the Nostalgia sets: Castle, Space, or Pirates have sold well. I really liked the Lion Knights Castle build, display and the Minifigures and for $100 off it was a great pickup. I can’t wait for the new Medieval Market to come out, hopefully March 1st to add to mine. 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

I read an article titled: “Too Much Nostalgia”, maybe on Jays Brick Blog about how none of the Nostalgia sets: Castle, Space, or Pirates have sold well. I really liked the Lion Knights Castle build, display and the Minifigures and for $100 off it was a great pickup. I can’t wait for the new Medieval Market to come out, hopefully March 1st to add to mine. 

my Lion Knight castle just came in and it is the original run too : ) if they are not doing well on Space it makes me wonder why was I think the Shuttle extended a year (I could be wrong), why have they had two years of City Space back to back and why have they now expanded to put a space logo across themes from City, Technic, Friends and I forget if there is more.  Strange to keep it going three years in a row.  Not disagreeing just observing conflicting data.  Perhaps the non licensed margins do well enough it is worth keeping.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, starwarsxpress said:

my Lion Knight castle just came in and it is the original run too : ) if they are not doing well on Space it makes me wonder why was I think the Shuttle extended a year (I could be wrong), why have they had two years of City Space back to back and why have they now expanded to put a space logo across themes from City, Technic, Friends and I forget if there is more.  Strange to keep it going three years in a row.  Not disagreeing just observing conflicting data.  Perhaps the non licensed margins do well enough it is worth keeping.

Not that Space, but the Nostalgia Retro sets Space Galaxy Explorer, Pirates Eldorado Fortress and Castle Lion Knights. If the retro sets are doing so poorly I am surprised we are getting another Castle set in 2024 the Medieval Market and another Space set as well I think it was from the Blacktron line. 

Unfortunately, the Shuttle was extended, and of course I am sitting on a lot of these in minty big black boxes. I think that cross themed Space sets coming out in 2024 is a great idea and some sets I would normally never look at like the City and Technic sets look amazing. I like how they have the "Space" branding on the box art and this may cause some consumers to crossover and buy more. 

ETA: https://www.lego.com/en-us/categories/adults-welcome/article/vintage-lego-sets-from-childhood

Space.webp

Space 2.webp

60434-Space-Base-with-Launch-Pad-Box-1400x1050.png

42179-Planet-Earth-and-Moon-in-Orbit-Box-Lowres.jpg

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 2

Lion Knight Castle is somewhat a tough sell. I personally think they leaned too heavily on the classic side and it’s kind of bland looking in comparison to say the Blacksmith or Rivendell. Second is the $400 price. They nailed the Galaxy Explorer at $100. The castle should have came in closer to $200. 

2 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Lion Knight Castle is somewhat a tough sell. I personally think they leaned too heavily on the classic side and it’s kind of bland looking in comparison to say the Blacksmith or Rivendell. Second is the $400 price. They nailed the Galaxy Explorer at $100. The castle should have came in closer to $200. 

For someone who grew up on castle and bought the Lions Knight castle it is a dream come true and worth the $400 easily for the castle parts and figures alone, its a no brainer at $300 to get more parts and build more castle budget depending of course. But these are tough times for everyones budget, big castle or small castle and a nintendo for the kids?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mathew said:

still remember I got my two galaxy explorer's from walmart for $50 each less a $20 off $100 coupon or something and other discounts think my net cost on them was like $37 each no more than $40

then my lion knights castle at 299

may actually pay msrp for the Eldorado lol to get the two free gwp's

my local store says they may not make it till Friday on stock so I'll order something online today and skip the double vip

those two gwp are performing at like $60 shipped for both and at that rate I'd rather get them free for spending $150 than ebay

• Like 1

1 hour ago, starwarsxpress said:

still remember I got my two galaxy explorer's from walmart for $50 each less a $20 off $100 coupon or something and other discounts think my net cost on them was like $37 each no more than $40

then my lion knights castle at 299

may actually pay msrp for the Eldorado lol to get the two free gwp's

my local store says they may not make it till Friday on stock so I'll order something online today and skip the double vip

those two gwp are performing at like $60 shipped for both and at that rate I'd rather get them free for spending $150 than ebay

As much as I live the Lions Castle and the Galaxy Explorer I did not enjoy El Dorado as much as I would have thought, I still am happy they made it and I own it but there was just something about the magic of those raised baseplates that was lost here, even though they did a good job recreating the ramp. 

14 minutes ago, Billy Brick said:

Have others been getting emails from the Target orders this morning? Not sure if their servers are backed up or some filtering issue on my end. I usually get order receipts right away, I have already had most the orders shipped already but no emails for those as well. Thanks!

My CNY orders from around 11:20 EST already shipped and all of the associated emails were received. Same with my store pickup orders no issues. 

Target got my Friday order of three 76961's and three white baseplates out quickly and FedEx delivered them at 8:45 am today.  Box was hugely oversize but sets were 100% damage free.  For once, Target did well.  FedEx even delivered to my door and didn't throw it into my yard, like usual.  If only all deliveries were that fast and problem free.

Edited by raindog
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, raindog said:

Target got my Friday order of three 76961's and three white baseplates out quickly and FedEx delivered them at 8:45 am today.  Box was hugely oversize but sets were 100% damage free.  For once, Target did well.  FedEx even delivered to my door and didn't throw it into my yard, like usual.  If only all deliveries were that fast and problem free.

Well at least you didn't have to suffer the humility of going to all your surrounding neighbors and asking what you got delivered from FedEx? I have two street number signs, one on the house, and a solar lighted sign in the yard, and a faux street sign in green like a real street sign but with my last name on it in the driveway and FedEx still misdelivers...

1 hour ago, Darth Kukoo said:

Well at least you didn't have to suffer the humility of going to all your surrounding neighbors and asking what you got delivered from FedEx

Many times, my friend.  And I live in rural Alabama, where neighbors have hills and dogs and a good bit of distance between the houses.  I've become handicapped and can hardly walk or drive so I am constantly cussing FedEx.  This is one of the few times that you will ever hear me praise them.

• Sad 1

I received a couple Boushh Helmets and a Hoopty from Target well packed via TLMD (Target Last Mile Delivery) which is probably Shipt (a  Target subsidiary) aka some random guy in a crossover SUV.

Also got no remorse from Target for screwing up that other order. Luckily was able to order another Santa's Visit after checking every 20 minutes.