My order status

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, skiizim said:

Had my daughter chase the amazon delivery driver down. O’well, just wanted one for myself. I didn’t really look at it but it did look like a prior return.

IMG_8261.jpeg

Amazon made this default on most listings "Shows what's inside. Item often ships in manufacturer container to reduce packaging. To hide what's inside, choose Ship in Amazon packaging at checkout."

14 hours ago, vasp said:

Amazon made this default on most listings "Shows what's inside. Item often ships in manufacturer container to reduce packaging. To hide what's inside, choose Ship in Amazon packaging at checkout."

I understand that part, I think I just used the buy now function in a frenzy. Update to this too…. Those idiots re-delivered it after refusing and getting a refund, guess who got a free set?

4 minutes ago, skiizim said:

I understand that part, I think I just used the buy now function in a frenzy. Update to this too…. Those idiots re-delivered it after refusing and getting a refund, guess who got a free set?

Enjoy

On 1/29/2024 at 8:48 AM, skiizim said:

Had my daughter chase the amazon delivery driver down. O’well, just wanted one for myself. I didn’t really look at it but it did look like a prior return.

IMG_8261.jpeg

Mine 1 copy arrived the exact same way. Chatted online with an overseas humanoid in a boiler room and he assured me Amazon sent it with a shipping box. I assured him Amazon will be getting a return. Thanks for the post. It confirms Amazon is sending these without a shipping box.

4 hours ago, Darth Kukoo said:

Mine 1 copy arrived the exact same way. Chatted online with an overseas humanoid in a boiler room and he assured me Amazon sent it with a shipping box. I assured him Amazon will be getting a return. Thanks for the post. It confirms Amazon is sending these without a shipping box.

ditto here - Slap the label on the product and sent it my way. I did check the box to ship in amazon packaging.

Production seal says 48R3. Hopefully not a huge batch.

Edited by vasp

1 hour ago, NIevo said:

I ordered 2 that arrived yesterday in a shipping box in great condition.  Wonder if it depends on your location and quantity ordered?

The one that I received came from Texas, I live in California.

4 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

I too got a shitty one and then the second one came and the box is great. 

anyway, for a "deal" or at least an in stock: amazon still also has plenty of the trucks, assembly square, bookshop and haunted houses all at retail

Amazon holiday return policy 1/31 influx.

55 minutes ago, Billy Brick said:

Amazon holiday return policy 1/31 influx.

Could be. Mine was roughed up. It also had one strip of packing tape across the front and down the 2 sides, however all the seals seemed intact and appeared unopened. Who knows if the damage to it was caused by being opened, a return, the method Amazon used to ship without a box, or if the carrier destroyed the shipping box. Their customer service is a joke (although their return policy is generous), so no real answers from them, but I think Amazon sent it like that for whatever reason.

After receiving from Amazon, the Technic Heavy-Duty Tow Truck 42128 without a shipping box and shipping label just stuck to the kit box, (albeit still looked sealed, unopened), can someone please describe Amazon's shipping options of "Frustration-Free Packaging" and "Standard-Packaging"? Does one method mean without a shipping box, or without packing pillows, or something else? I cannot get a straight answer from Amazon live chat: they are reading from a script.

7 hours ago, Darth Kukoo said:

After receiving from Amazon, the Technic Heavy-Duty Tow Truck 42128 without a shipping box and shipping label just stuck to the kit box, (albeit still looked sealed, unopened), can someone please describe Amazon's shipping options of "Frustration-Free Packaging" and "Standard-Packaging"? Does one method mean without a shipping box, or without packing pillows, or something else? I cannot get a straight answer from Amazon live chat: they are reading from a script.

FF packaging comes in those LEGO shipper boxes. The other one is how ever they choose to ship it unless you choose this option, both options are available in either standard or FF.

On a side note, I called up LEGO and asked how they can allow this to happen with other companies which they said they agave no control over but take this with a grain a salt until I try it one day. They said that if you receive an item damaged from a third party big box retailer that they would exchange through LEGO shop.

IMG_8301.png

2 hours ago, skiizim said:

FF packaging comes in those LEGO shipper boxes. The other one is how ever they choose to ship it unless you choose this option, both options are available in either standard or FF.

On a side note, I called up LEGO and asked how they can allow this to happen with other companies which they said they agave no control over but take this with a grain a salt until I try it one day. They said that if you receive an item damaged from a third party big box retailer that they would exchange through LEGO shop.

IMG_8301.png

Thank you so much skiizim for answering that. The Amazon chat rep had no idea what it meant and just keep repeating the listing description as if typing the same words over and over would somehow describe it better. Even after that he tried making stuff up, like "that is an option Lego uses to ship", yeah, wrong. I have gotten expensive larger kits from Amazon shipped with those tight-fitting shipper-boxes and a label attached and they arrived fine. I have also received the shipper-box inside a shipping box so in effect double boxed from them. With Amazon having so many employees and warehouse locations, I guess whatever is whatever. Thanks again.

12 hours ago, skiizim said:

On a side note, I called up LEGO and asked how they can allow this to happen with other companies which they said they agave no control over but take this with a grain a salt until I try it one day.

LEGO can't say anything to Amazon, Target or any other business due to anti-trust laws.  When I worked for Harley-Davidson Motor Company in the 90's and 00's, we were constantly asked why we let HD dealerships jack up their prices $2000, $3000, $4000 or more over MSRP.  The truth is, HD's hands were tied due to anti-trust laws.  It got so bad that HD used to sell motorcycles directly to employees at great discounts.  HD dealerships found out about this and filed suit against HD, forcing their employees to have to buy through dealerships, if they wanted a new bike.  

Received a Bookshop today from Amazon.  Shipped securely inside of another box and no damage noted.  Seal code was 46R3.  I also received two World Maps from Amazon.  Both were in a FF type box (exact width and depth, length about 4 " longer with the corrugated accordion blocks on both sides.)  Those two boxes were packed together in a well padded second box.  Sorry, I didn't get the seal codes.

Edited by raindog
  • Like 1

all my world arts were not recent. FF tightly sealed. not sure why amazon is saying 100+ sold in last month. I bought about 50, pseudoty and raindog bought some and i know personally of some other investors that together bought about 50. surely that doesnt account for all the recent restock..

• 1 month later...

I have been picking up a lot of salvage and pawn shop sets off of eBay for a nice discount. Also, had someone drop ship me the same set twice once from Kohls and again from Walmart. But this was an interesting find when I went to verify the contents of this Amazon return free box cutter inside.

razor.jpg

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

1 down 1 to go. I like how they managed to crush the flower GWP while grabbing it. While we are complaining different size boxes for the Ninjago GWPs it would be nice to have all 4 in similar size boxes but I guess they are recreating the real life set box size.

IMG_0532.thumb.jpeg.b43bdce13851309d51345b2eb9114ae5.jpegsets to scale. 

IMG_0536.jpeg

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 3