My order status

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/12/2021 at 8:23 PM, lodibricks said:

Harry & Hermione arrived. Shipped in a box too small w/o packing, laid diagonally (not diagon alley 😛) and all 4 seals were popped. Glad it's to keep & build.

20211012_201534.thumb.jpg.48d409ca8c4d7130bb181e76af8da773.jpg

Quite the difference in the packaging with Target's BF deal vs the 50% off last month.
An overkill box in a box and major padding this time around, no popped seals.

20211129_120204.thumb.jpg.79672a35e9a2a27aa3e7da31f5379891.jpg

On 11/27/2021 at 8:25 PM, oneknightr said:

People who ordered right before midnight EST (like me) got the tin along with the lightsaber. People who ordered at midnight and after got the front yard instead of the tin. I'd much rather get the front yard than the stinkin' tin.

Just got off the phone with a LEGO Shop at Home rep and told him about how I got the retro sign instead of Santa's Front Yard because I ordered a few mins before midnight. I asked nicely to see if there was any way I could exchange the retro sign for the Front Yard, and after about five mins on hold, he told me he's sending me a Front Yard. Yay Lego! 😀

• Like 5

Anyone else getting counterfeit Corner Garage sets this week from Walmart (sold by Jai SAI Incorporated)? I got 4 of them and a buddy of mine got a couple as well. They were on sale a 2-3 weeks ago for $180. Moral is if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I should have known better. 

And does anyone have experience with this kind of thing in getting refund through Walmart? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Gonkalin

4 minutes ago, Gonkalin said:

Anyone else getting counterfeit Corner Garage sets this week from Walmart (sold by Jai SAI Incorporated)? I got 4 of them and a buddy of mine got a couple as well. They were on sale a 2-3 weeks ago for $180. Moral is if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I should have known better. 

And does anyone have experience with this kind of thing in getting refund through Walmart? Thanks in advance.

Are they branded as LEGO or is it a different brand? I'm curious what the box looks like. I would think you can easily dispute it with your credit card company of Walmart is no help. To be honest, with third-party sellers I think they are pretty hands off so that may be your only recourse. 

9 minutes ago, Gonkalin said:

isn't that same seller with the fake Barracuda ?

9 minutes ago, Gonkalin said:

I advised someone on Reddit against some of these 3PS on WM and they messaged me this today morning:

Hey I deleted the post so you can’t find it but I wanted to tell you that some advice you gave me was really helpful. I had posted Lego Statue of Liberty on sale through Walmart but it was a third-party seller. You warned me it could be a knock off. I even double checked with Walmart after I ordered and they assured me it would not be fake. And then when the product arrived it was totally a knock off. I got to keep the product and got all my money back. Supposedly they have suspended the seller When I got the package I left it sitting there for a week because I got distracted and then I remembered your warning End it occurred to me that I needed to double check that I got the right thing so I had time to order a replacement if it wasn’t the real deal. So, you were right

Maybe you'll have similar luck?

19 minutes ago, Brystheguy said:

Are they branded as LEGO or is it a different brand? I'm curious what the box looks like. I would think you can easily dispute it with your credit card company of Walmart is no help. To be honest, with third-party sellers I think they are pretty hands off so that may be your only recourse. 

It was branded and sold as Lego brand. I'm at least smart enough to be sure it's not bogus bricks or something similar.

I didn't pay $220. I paid $180. but this is same seller in photo.

65991120895__76778139-8CEA-49BF-82EB-3E4EBCAEC0D5.jpg

IMG_3641.jpg

IMG_3640.jpg

Edited by Gonkalin

11 hours ago, BrickLover80 said:

Big Lots canceled all my orders for shipping. Do they fulfill from store? Because I ordered very early, so if they fulfill from a warehouse, my orders should have made it.

They do both it seems. Most of mine that were coming from a store got canceled. Much better luck with the ones that seem to be coming from a warehouse.

39 minutes ago, Gonkalin said:

It was branded and sold as Lego brand. I'm at least smart enough to be sure it's not bogus bricks or something similar.

I didn't pay $220. I paid $180. but this is same seller in photo.

65991120895__76778139-8CEA-49BF-82EB-3E4EBCAEC0D5.jpg

IMG_3641.jpg

IMG_3640.jpg

so I think the big question most of us have is "how is it fake?"

And by your picture it shows that the box does NOT have the "LEGO" red logo.  Thanks for that.

good luck w/ the situation.  Really sucks

46 minutes ago, Gonkalin said:

I wasn't implying that. I just wanted to know if they had a picture of a LEGO box and sent you a Cobi knock-off or a crappy Hot Wheels garage kit. Looks like the first one holds, just not Cobi! Totally blows.

15 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

so I think the big question most of us have is "how is it fake?"

And by your picture it shows that the box does NOT have the "LEGO" red logo.  Thanks for that.

good luck w/ the situation.  Really sucks

I was in for 1.  Instantly worried when I saw it arrive in a shipping bag, was all downhill from there.

This was my first (hopefully last) counterfeit, but I had to laugh when I noticed they recreated the original box art as closely as they could to the original.  Check it out above - I like the upside-down bush for a tree but nothing tops the replacement for the dolly/hand truck (chef's kiss).

I mean, good on them for not just wholesale copying the original - would be a lesser thief's doing, but not Jai SAI Incorporated.  They have dignity in their indignities.

Moral of the story - I bought quickly, wouldn't have pulled the trigger if I realized it was a 3rd party.  And a word to the wise - the back of the box recreated the original's box art too with Corner Garage next to other modulars.   Be on the lookout for more too-good-to-be-true sets popping up.   

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, dkoenig926 said:

I was in for 1.  Instantly worried when I saw it arrive in a shipping bag, was all downhill from there.

This was my first (hopefully last) counterfeit, but I had to laugh when I noticed they recreated the original box art as closely as they could to the original.  Check it out above - I like the upside-down bush for a tree but nothing tops the replacement for the dolly/hand truck (chef's kiss).

I mean, good on them for not just wholesale copying the original - would be a lesser thief's doing, but not Jai SAI Incorporated.  They have dignity in their indignities.

Moral of the story - I bought quickly, wouldn't have pulled the trigger if I realized it was a 3rd party.  And a word to the wise - the back of the box recreated the original's box art too with Corner Garage next to other modulars.   Be on the lookout for more too-good-to-be-true sets popping up.   

Wow, you've opened my eyes to a whole game of "spot the differences". I like the girl holding the Friends cat ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, dkoenig926 said:

Problem is you don't see those things until the product is delivered. As they use actual original Lego box photos in the Walmart.com listing when you're ordering. 

But, yes. Good advice. Buyer beware and there will surly be more. 

What I wonder is how many people don't ever realize they have been sold a counterfeit? Does grandma care that she bought a counterfeit for Timmy? Would she jump through the hoops necessary to get a refund? And if some people do get refunds, do enough people not care that it makes business sense for this company to continue selling these? I mean, I assume Walmart would shut them down if they knew they were selling counterfeits. Or maybe Walmart is in on the game and doesn't care???

33 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Wow, you've opened my eyes to a whole game of "spot the differences". I like the girl holding the Friends cat ....

This could be a fun game if it didn't cost me $1300. 

So I just got off customer service at Walmart (though chat). They were excellent. Sent me 2 return labels and will issue refund once I ship item back. They offered replacement items but I told them that if it was from same seller then I didn't want them. I don't believe this was a mistake and they would then send me the proper actual Lego brand set. So, we'll see. But so far, so good. 

Edited by Gonkalin
more info to add to story

Watch out for fake Old Fishing Stores on Wal Mart. They were listed last week for something really low. Like $160 or $190. I’m not talking about the knock off ones listed. This listing  used the original LEGO box in the ad. 

Edited by Solojif
Add detail

I received two counterfeit sets as well. One was zebra bricks. I was able to go to the order page, request a refund for incorrect item, commented they were counterfeits, and took them to my local store where they took care of the return label and shipping. 
Although they were from two different sellers, they were clearly packaged and shipped from the same person and had the same address from LA. 

6 hours ago, Gonkalin said:

What I wonder is how many people don't ever realize they have been sold a counterfeit? Does grandma care that she bought a counterfeit for Timmy? Would she jump through the hoops necessary to get a refund? And if some people do get refunds, do enough people not care that it makes business sense for this company to continue selling these? I mean, I assume Walmart would shut them down if they knew they were selling counterfeits. Or maybe Walmart is in on the game and doesn't care???

I feel sorry for those who did not know and got inferior counterfeit products.  95% of the buying public are not going to be able to notice the missing LEGO sign or any small differences.  I bet those POS 3PS are counting on the ignorance of the masses.

Walmart is probably not going to care unless they get enough complaints from buyers

One order has arrived, another still in transit. So Walmart wants me to send counterfeit items back to seller. I've contacted my local post office and they have referred me to regional postal inspector fraud dept. I think I'm also going to file a police report against Walmart and seller (who is in NJ). Total scam for me was $1300 in value. I have to wait a couple hours for post office to open up. They are central time zone. 

9 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I feel sorry for those who did not know and got inferior counterfeit products.  95% of the buying public are not going to be able to notice the missing LEGO sign or any small differences.  I bet those POS 3PS are counting on the ignorance of the masses.

Walmart is probably not going to care unless they get enough complaints from buyers

The only thing that would help is Lego calling up Walmart and shutting this down. They have the leverage to force Walmart to shut down these companies systematically  and they have a brand value to protect. 

• Like 1

So my second package arrived today. So now I have all 7 counterfeit sets in my possession. I filed a mail fraud report with USPS online. I contacted Walmart again and told them I refused to send the counterfeit items back to the seller and I wanted a full refund. They made me contact the seller and I have to wait 48 hours for them to respond. Tonight I filed a police report locally just so it’s on record. Cop said “we'll, I've never filled out a report for counterfeit items before”. Then he started telling me how cool Lego is now “you know, they have castles and cars now”. He literally said that.  😂 so now I’ll wait 48 hours to see what, if anything, the seller says. 

• Like 4