My order status

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, superlegolover said:

as long as lego doesn't open up another window for redemption, yeah the price will bounce back

I mean, I should understand this by now but I just don't understand the appeal outside of just the rarity of the bag. Maybe that's enough. There's no special rare pieces or anything right? Besides the 20 year reference?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nolanfan34 said:

I mean, I should understand this by now but I just don't understand the appeal outside of just the rarity of the bag. Maybe that's enough. There's no special rare pieces or anything right? Besides the 20 year reference?

As for the parts, nothing special. Even that 20 yrs tile is not exclusive, it also exists in 40362 and 40333.

I guess the higher price tag is just due to higher purchase threshold. If my memory serves, it was gwp with $200?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, superlegolover said:

As for the parts, nothing special. Even that 20 yrs tile is not exclusive, it also exists in 40362 and 40333.

I guess the higher price tag is just due to higher purchase threshold. If my memory serves, it was gwp with $200?  

Yeah that's probably all I guess. I should understand better, it's like some graded baseball card packs I have that are worth $100-200 but if opened the cards inside are probably worth a few bucks. The value is in being unopened. 😆

• Like 1

15 hours ago, nolanfan34 said:

Yeah that's probably all I guess. I should understand better, it's like some graded baseball card packs I have that are worth $100-200 but if opened the cards inside are probably worth a few bucks. The value is in being unopened. 😆

There are collectors that want their collection to be complete...this encounters the scarcity...end of Story

On 4/27/2020 at 1:02 PM, superlegolover said:

yes, that's exactly right. paypal will drop the pending after certain days and lego won't be able to request the amount after that window. If you purchased with your card, no such issue.

Issue fixed itself again and items are in warehouse. Weird. I just let it sit there and I assume they try the PayPal authorization again.

4 hours ago, skinsfan0521 said:

Greeeaaaattt..... producing more of them....

i'd be most bummed if i was one of the folks who originally bought that droid commander set to get the polybag. the polybag has tumbled from over $100 and is now averaging $60. And i saw a few get sold for high $30's. although the smart ones probably sold theirs quick once they realized the value.

i could be wrong, but i have a sneaky suspicion that the same thing is going to happen on the mini batmobile that came from the UCS  purchase. people called foul on that one too. very few truly exclusive sets out there if they just bring them back via other channels at a later date.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

I would be mad as well.  I don't think LEGO is realizing they're encouraging people to grab the GWP and sell it immediately.  Shame no one is really interested in the May the 4th GWP... *sigh*

yeah i'm not seeing much value in this year's GWP, unless it's something you truly wanted for your own collection. will be a million of them out there.

41 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

i could be wrong, but i have a sneaky suspicion that the same thing is going to happen on the mini batmobile that came from the UCS  purchase. people called foul on that one too. 

It would be nice if it did.  I sold mine for £150

I ordered a couple Assembly Squares from Walmart last week and they were supposed to arrive today but FedEx sent me an e-mail saying they are unable to complete delivery:   
Damaged - handling per shipper instructions
Recommended action : No action required.

Am I just SOL here?  Should I call Walmart and see what they can do for me?

I have noticed the same thing in last few months even with a few shipments from Amazon and Walmart. Kohls used to be hit or miss for me, and now almost everything including bigger boxes are just wrapped in plastic or envelope. Target for me is the only one that I always have gotten LEGO shipments in a box. Even for personal build, sometimes the box is so damaged the stickers, instructions, and parts are damaged as well. Then they ship a partial order with just minifig packs and put those in a box, but ship the larger LEGO $100-200 set in plastic or envelope. With the ongoing situation, things are rough in the shipping department and quality is slipping.

All of my Zavvi orders for Technic sets have arrived almost mint. It's crazy to see DHL getting orders from the UK to the US Midwest in faster time than domestic UPS and FedEx shipments. I know it has to be COVID-19 related staffing issues and increased package volume from online ordering. The USPS tracking system is a dumpster fire right now - packages hardly being scanned at any point along the way.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gmpirate said:

IMG_4780.thumb.jpeg.2576e6b4cd31fa50a74e2ffc2cb31154.jpeg

My first arrived today as well.  The shipping box was in perfect condition.  The set . . . not so much.  It's an overseas return?

wow that's a **** box. has anyone contacted them for a replacement or monies off for something like this? have they assisted in any way?

and i noticed on my one order from Zavvi, there was a sticker that was partially removed, but you could clearly see a return label. these are definitely returns of some sort. not sure if LEGO sells them to a secondary market or if these sets have some sort of defects to begin with?