10235 - Winter Village Market

Huskers1236

Guest TabbyBoy

Lord knows we can't have a WVM market discussion without you saying this for the 358275734273422347698432763th time.

Isn't that a slight exaggeration?  Remember we have new members joining daily who don't always read all the way back through.  I'm one that only reads the last coupld of pages if I've been offline for a while.  Oh yes, in case for forgot to mention it.... can I remind you that the WVM may yet un-retire again? ;-)

Guest TabbyBoy

I was planing on saving all my WVM for next xmas, but if this gets up to $200 in the next week I may just move them now.

It won't here as still very available and eBay flooded.  Once I see "The Tag" (See, I didn't mention the actual word!), I'm getting rid of them as soon as they cover initial cost and fees.  It seems like they perform better in the US than in the UK - good luck anyway.

Isn't that a slight exaggeration? Remember we have new members joining daily who don't always read all the way back through. I'm one that only reads the last coupld of pages if I've been offline for a while. Oh yes, in case for forgot to mention it.... can I remind you that the WVM may yet un-retire again? ;-)

That's in the UK. Think globally :P (or in American terms, think American lol)

Ex Astris, Scientia.

I think all the seasonal sets will be profitable and therefore "winners" but I have the entire line that gets displayed at Christmas and IMO it was missing something until this set came out.  This set really pulls the entire line together and makes a nice center piece to build everything else around.  

Edited by pickleboy
  • Like 1

Check the ROI% on past Winter Village sets. Even the ugliest set in the bunch (which is subjective anyway) will always be a nice addition to a Winter Village scene. I'd expect a new set next year more in line with the price point of Santa's Workshop, but people have been willing to pay well over MSRP to add to their collection before and will do so in the future.

With so many new investors you might not get the returns you want next Christmas, but I'd wager the Christmas after that will be a good time to sell.

The seasonal theme is #3 in the order of top performing themes.  It has maintained in the 1-3 position for quite some time.  The WVC 10229 retired last december and has shown an 80% plus return in 1 year.  I think this is fairly consitent for the theme.  The average ROR for that set should drop down to mid fifties by Christmas next year putting it at a price of $240.00 us dollars or so by Christmas next year 2016.  The WVM 10235 is a fantastic set and does not detract from the set in my opinion.  It has a functioning carousel, that is awsome. In fact with some color modifications it could easily be MOC'd into the Mixer, carnival theme.  I have 20 and am happy at that level. 

Guest TabbyBoy

I admit that I had buyer's remorse when I bought several of these last year only to see them being unretired.  This set has really grown on me and I think it's the focal point of the whole theme.  Hence, I've decided not to sell this year and will hold on until the year that they don't come back.

The seasonal theme is #3 in the order of top performing themes.  It has maintained in the 1-3 position for quite some time.  The WVC 10229 retired last december and has shown an 80% plus return in 1 year.  I think this is fairly consitent for the theme.  The average ROR for that set should drop down to mid fifties by Christmas next year putting it at a price of $240.00 us dollars or so by Christmas next year 2016.  The WVM 10235 is a fantastic set and does not detract from the set in my opinion.  It has a functioning carousel, that is awsome. In fact with some color modifications it could easily be MOC'd into the Mixer, carnival theme.  I have 20 and am happy at that level. 

WVC jumped so quick because it caught everyone off guard.  The previous sets lasted longer, and the trend for Lego was/is to extend the life of special sets.  People are more prepared with WMV.  Do I think its still a worthy investment?  Sure, but the circumstances are different -- if it does retire . . .

WVC jumped so quick because it caught everyone off guard.  The previous sets lasted longer, and the trend for Lego was/is to extend the life of special sets.  People are more prepared with WMV.  Do I think its still a worthy investment?  Sure, but the circumstances are different -- if it does retire . . .

I adamantly disagree.  Go run the retirement/MSRP/current price calculations on the other winter theme retired sets and you will see that I am in fact conservative in my calculations.  You are making assumptions "of other people" that you could not possibly know.  As far as I can remember everyone diliked the WVM since it came out, and most advice was to buy other sets.  I think it is better to look at the numbers and performance rather than speculate on assumptions that in no way can be confirmed.

Guest TabbyBoy

If you thought it was really going to retire after less than one year that's your problem

Can't you read?

I didn't THINK it was going to retire after a year, it did and it then got resurrected.  Who says I have a problem?  You obviosly seem to have one.

Can't you read?

I didn't THINK it was going to retire after a year, it did and it then got resurrected.  Who says I have a problem?  You obviosly seem to have one.

Yeah I can read. I can read your post every single day whining about the mistake Lego made. That no one else seems to have seen or care about if they did.  Get over it. And yes I do have a problem: YOU

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I tonly partially retired in the UK, it was always available in the US

It said "Retired Product" in the UK which I interpret as fully, retired, gone, deal, never to return.  I'm going to take a photo in RAW unedited format the next time I see and sent it to those that need proof of it retiring as I'm clearly a liar, right?

For some reason I'm being blamed for this set being retired and then being resurrected.

Get over it and enjoy the thrill of the new era in Lego speculating.