10235 - Winter Village Market

Huskers1236

• 4 weeks later...

This set has been steady on the LEGO Shop at Home top 25 sellers list all month long. If this set sells out do you think it will got thru a period of pushed back shipping dates or just suddenly be sold out?

I'm of the opinion it will do the dance for a bit, but I don't see another production run. They already seemed to have had to move the Santa set up in production (cutting to 1 per person, now backordered, after initially allowing 2) to ensure availability, and some other sets (Tumbler, more exos, etc) and new sets in Winter 2015 are on the horizon. Just speculation, but I don't think they'll replenish stock in large numbers if it hits sold out. Cutting it to max 2 seems (at least to me) to be a move to try and stretch current stock as far as possible.

this is going to be another dud :) like the what they call "kingdom joust"

Kingdoms Joust and this set won't be duds. They might not have as large of potential or as quick of appreciation but they will still grow. Both of these themes have had good growth on previous sets. Just because Emazers said to avoid them doesn't mean they go into the dud catergory

this is going to be another dud :) like the what they call "kingdom joust"

The WVM has been on the top seller page on S&**** almost every day for the last month. KJ has never been (to my knowledge). Winter sets have been easy for me to unload up here in Canada, and I don't expect this one to be very different.

Kingdoms Joust and this set won't be duds. They might not have as large of potential or as quick of appreciation but they will still grow. Both of these themes have had good growth on previous sets. Just because Emazers said to avoid them doesn't mean they go into the dud catergory

this has nothing to do with what Emazers said or will say.

that's my opinion.

after a year of retirement if it barely fetches RRP after fees+shipping in my book they are duds...

in my book MMV (10193) is a dud.

lowest on amazon is $170 after fees and commission

170-25.50(fees)-18(shipping & insurance) = 126.50

its RRP = 99.99+9.99(tax)=109.99

126.50-109.99= 16.50

for the set that has retired almost 2 years ago... (jan 2013). that's barely 8% annualized return if you bought right before retirement otherwise its worse.

i would put the money @ PM and get the dividend for that return. why would i bother with LEGO with all the risks and storage and hassle.... so in my books these are duds.

take with a grain of KCl or NaCl ...

• 3 weeks later...

Could easily be a marketing ploy and no truth behind it.

this has nothing to do with what Emazers said or will say.

that's my opinion.

after a year of retirement if it barely fetches RRP after fees+shipping in my book they are duds...

in my book MMV (10193) is a dud.

lowest on amazon is $170 after fees and commission

170-25.50(fees)-18(shipping & insurance) = 126.50

its RRP = 99.99+9.99(tax)=109.99

126.50-109.99= 16.50

for the set that has retired almost 2 years ago... (jan 2013). that's barely 8% annualized return if you bought right before retirement otherwise its worse.

i would put the money @ PM and get the dividend for that return. why would i bother with LEGO with all the risks and storage and hassle.... so in my books these are duds.

take with a grain of KCl or NaCl ...

I thought this was a dud BEFORE I built it.  It will do well.

• 3 weeks later...

Call to check product availability on LEGO Shop at Home but still available on Amazon as of right now

Love hearing that. I have a bundle lot I'm putting up on ebay including the Village Market, Santa's workshop, ice rink, elf's toy shop and tree stand.  this news should certainly push the market value up just before christmas.  

it was considered unpopular to some because of the color scheme but a lot of people do like it and maybe the sales weren't great until recently and now that it's sold out people probably missed out on it.  anyone with all the sets missing this will have to have it.  it's the center scene in most people's large set ups.  i would expect as soon as today that this sucker goes way up on ebay and amazon especially as all the reg priced ones go that we can find.  i grabbed the lowest 2 on ebay at reg price 20 mins ago fearing it's the last at that price we'll see.