10235 - Winter Village Market

Huskers1236

I am debating whether to get one 10235 this month in the US , so i can get the vintage astronaut or is it better to wait for double VIP points. I already have one astronaut on the way (order status says back ordered for GE and astronaut).

Buy it now.  The Classic Space set is worth more than the Double VIP points.

Buy it now.  The Classic Space set is worth more than the Double VIP points.

The free holiday set #1 and double VIP points both start on October 1.  That is going to be a better deal than the Classic Space set, though you run the risk of the Haunted House selling out this month.

The free holiday set #1 and double VIP points both start on October 1.  That is going to be a better deal than the Classic Space set, though you run the risk of the Haunted House selling out this month.

The problem is a lot of people are waiting for October promo, I think less number of people will get a hand of retro spaceman and that makes it more rare.  The retro spaceman has consistently been going for over $25 for at least a week on ebay.

The problem is a lot of people are waiting for October promo, I think less number of people will get a hand of retro spaceman and that makes it more rare.  The retro spaceman has consistently been going for over $25 for at least a week on ebay.

I don't think you can wrong wrong either way.  This month has a very collectible Spaceman and free polybag, next month is a very collectible Holiday set and Double VIP points.  They are about equal on $100 sets.  Once you start spending more money though, the Double VIP points can become the better deal.

I don't think you can wrong wrong either way.  This month has a very collectible Spaceman and free polybag, next month is a very collectible Holiday set and Double VIP points.  They are about equal on $100 sets.  Once you start spending more money though, the Double VIP points can become the better deal.

I uh, this is a weird thing to weigh in on - But I don't think "You don't Know Jack" referred to jack-off. The more complete phrase would be you don't know Jack **** (Jack Squat for the PG rated crew). But as stated, it means you don't know anything. :)

Carry on with more important matters.

I uh, this is a weird thing to weigh in on - But I don't think "You don't Know Jack" referred to jack-off. The more complete phrase would be you don't know Jack Shit (Jack Squat for the PG rated crew). But as stated, it means you don't know anything. :)

Carry on with more important matters.

I really tried to make this as much PG-13 as I could.  LOL

this winter theme (like the building modular one) is a "layup" and i have never have said lego investing is easy.

seriously folks.  the CAGR for each set is amazing especially during the 1st year of retirement. 

is this set my fav?  not eve close but completests will still buy them as will any holiday , snow, carnival, etc... fan.  plus they usually only have a 2-3 retail life so making money is faster than investing in other themes.

• Like 3

I don't think it's quite that simple.  Market is a distinctly worse deal by any measure (price:piece, price:weight, displayability) than Cottage, for example.  It occupies the same shelf space as a T-1 (and lots of other midsize sets).  And if you start stocking up now, you can get all of two before hitting the limit at LEGO Shop at Home.  Nowhere else has them at MSRP, as far as I know.  If you loaded up a month ago, I'm sure it'll do fine, but from a starting point of now, I think I'll pass.

@Lego: Why do you produce Christmas-themed sets all through the Spring and Summer, then discontinue them in the Fall?

Edited by GhostDad

if you got 10229 for msrp.

you are not making a lot considering sold ones on ebay are 150 to 170.

People selling these right now before the holiday spirit kicks in need to wait a few more months(or years).  I understand needing to sell things to keep the line moving, but the most will be made around the holidays on these sets as people find how awesome they are and need the old ones that are gone.  I was lucky to only have to pay(from one of you probably) high prices on the Toy Shop which at the time was about $140, a steal now.  The Cottage, to me, is the best of the bunch so far and will achieve a $300 price point in a couple years, if not next year.

People selling these right now before the holiday spirit kicks in need to wait a few more months(or years).  I understand needing to sell things to keep the line moving, but the most will be made around the holidays on these sets as people find how awesome they are and need the old ones that are gone.  I was lucky to only have to pay(from one of you probably) high prices on the Toy Shop which at the time was about $140, a steal now.  The Cottage, to me, is the best of the bunch so far and will achieve a $300 price point in a couple years, if not next year.

...and with Lego seemingly trying to downsize these winter sets to make them more affordable, 10235 and 10229 are by far the largest sets in this theme.

this winter theme (like the building modular one) is a "layup" and i have never have said lego investing is easy.

seriously folks. the CAGR for each set is amazing especially during the 1st year of retirement.

is this set my fav? not eve close but completests will still buy them as will any holiday , snow, carnival, etc... fan. plus they usually only have a 2-3 retail life so making money is faster than investing in other themes.

I agree but there is something not quite right with WVM. It is enough to give me very long pause every time I want to buy one.

Edited by Darth_Raichu

I agree but there is something not quite right with WVM. It is enough to give me very long pause every time I want to buy one of it.

...yeah, it's called a questionable designed set.  lt's my least fav set in the theme.  so let's say it does 1/2 of what the other sets are doing.  that is still pretty darn good.

• Like 1

...and with Lego seemingly trying to downsize these winter sets to make them more affordable, 10235 and 10229 are by far the largest sets in this theme.

Yep, they both have the same box size, larger than their predecessors.  I imagine Santa's shop will have a smaller box than 10235 and 10229. 

I don't mind if the WV sets are $100, but the Cottage was the only one that felt like you were getting your money's worth. Also why I have more Cottages than Markets in my inventory.

• Like 1