10235 - Winter Village Market

Huskers1236

If you investors think a stock count or other investors stocking 50 or a few hundred of a set is going to make it a bust, I suggest you move on from Lego investing. A few thousand is nothing. How many of any of these exclusives do people think lego produces to be the #1 toy company in the world?

• Like 8

If you investors think a stock count or other investors stocking 50 or a few hundred of a set is going to make it a bust, I suggest you move on from Lego investing. A few thousand is nothing. How many of any of these exclusives do people think lego produces to be the #1 toy company in the world?

I would like to believe that the only sets Lego produced are the ones in my possession :)

• Like 3

When one guy has the supply for an entire year's worth of US eBay sales, and the set is still widely available at retail, I think it's clear the set might be over hoarded.  The set will make money long term.  But it's not going to be like the other winter sets.  I think lego has problems with production right now, and how many of these sets are sitting on the docks in California waiting to be delivered still?  Who knows.  

Shameless plug - I did two blog articles trying to tackle this very question a year and a half ago. Enjoy:

http://blog.brickpicker.com/community-lego-blogs/ever-wonder-how-many-lego-sets-tlc-makes-in-a-year/

http://blog.brickpicker.com/community-lego-blogs/how-many-lego-sets-part-2/

This affirms my statement above.  When a company is making billions in revenue, 1 thousand millions in 1 billion, the impact of the folks on this site is brought into perspective.

An interesting analysis.  But I have never seen a WVM in any other B&M store other than a Lego store.  And I go to numerous Targets, Walmarts, Kmarts, & Toys R Us's in So cal.  

The fact that is it is sitting on amazon at RRP is not in itself a concern.  The only people really buying this at the moment are investors, and since the set has near zero B&M exposure at the moment, demand is pretty low.  Other exclusives have the same problem, but WV is particularly seasonal, and few people browse amazon and LEGO Shop at Home for legos.  Once a new WV set is sitting on store shelves, with this no where to be found demand will pick up.

the reason WV and UCS sets do so well is that new collectors are constantly finding new sets on the shelves.  Once you have one, the desire to collect more drives the huge demand.  Most currently WV collectors already have WVM, but thousands of new collectors are discovering the series every year.  

• Like 5

The fact that is it is sitting on amazon at RRP is not in itself a concern.  The only people really buying this at the moment are investors, and since the set has near zero B&M exposure at the moment, demand is pretty low.  Other exclusives have the same problem, but WV is particularly seasonal, and few people browse amazon and LEGO Shop at Home for legos.  Once a new WV set is sitting on store shelves, with this no where to be found demand will pick up.

the reason WV and UCS sets do so well is that new collectors are constantly finding new sets on the shelves.  Once you have one, the desire to collect more drives the huge demand.  Most currently WV collectors already have WVM, but thousands of new collectors are discovering the series every year.  

My thinking as well. And living in Canada, a winter/X-mas village setup of some kind is standard in almost every second home it seems. Why not do it in Lego? More and more people are willing to start.

• 3 weeks later...