10235 - Winter Village Market

Huskers1236

I have four. I have a lot more SW.

Which is more popular? SW.

Which will be more scarce 2-3 years after EOL? Time will tell. Scarcity can translate into $$$ if the theme is popular enough.

Pure speculation, but I'd say there are fewer WVM "out there" than SW. Santa probably has a better return, but this is far from the [worst set ever].

Edited by biking_tiger

​So how many do you have if you do not mind me asking ?  Amazon seems to have endless supply of these that anyone can buy 2 per week for the past year or so.

​Actually DR I don't have that many about 10 or so.  It is not for a lack of liking it, I really like the set as an outlier.  Not sure if Amazon will make it through Christmas or not this year but in any event all of my money is pouring into Star Wars - yes Lego but about as much non Lego as Lego.

Guest ph4tb0i

I got 20+ of this sucker right now. The better the US economy does + the more oil tanks the more profit I'm making.. muahahahahahah

​Actually DR I don't have that many about 10 or so.  It is not for a lack of liking it, I really like the set as an outlier.  Not sure if Amazon will make it through Christmas or not this year but in any event all of my money is pouring into Star Wars - yes Lego but about as much non Lego as Lego.

​Then you have 10 or so more than me ;) I said this set bugged me last year and something about it still bugs me.  The only redeeming feature is the "retired" flag on S@H website :D

* Usual Disclaimer: Please do not use me as barometer for your investment strategy.  Just be glad that you will have 1 less competition when it is time to sell your WVMs :D

• Like 1

There was a glitch on Amazon a while ago that it will how many sets are left. I remember that WVM has a couple thousands left (maybe more than 5000? can't remember exactly).

​I posted back on Jan 26 that there were 2573 left 

Edited by teohwp85

This is clearly a sign the hoarders  are not doing a good enough job… keep buying people! If we all on BP buy a few, we can drain out AZ supply! Is this consider market manipulation? Can we get in trouble for this? ;)

Edited by tacsniper

• 1 month later...

how long do the previous winter sets hang around and retire

Looking for personal use only and dont want to miss out

1 or 2 wintersand this one has had 2. This set has bombed (relatively speaking) or has simply been overproduced so not a great idea as an investment piece but should be had easily enough for personal use.

Not a good sign for this one that it's still hanging around.  It's amazing that third party retailers can have such huge stock of certain sets long after they have officially sold out and retired from Shop at Home.  I have to wonder if they wanted to be done with it and sold off everything they had left to Amazon for cheap.  Maybe we'll see the same thing happen with the EEE.  Even the "retiring soon" tag hasn't ended that one yet. 

Not a good sign for this one that it's still hanging around.  It's amazing that third party retailers can have such huge stock of certain sets long after they have officially sold out and retired from Shop at Home.  I have to wonder if they wanted to be done with it and sold off everything they had left to Amazon for cheap.  Maybe we'll see the same thing happen with the EEE.  Even the "retiring soon" tag hasn't ended that one yet. 

possible amazon bought out stock at the end of the year, and plan on using it as a big sale item with what ever stock is left (either next week or black friday?).  I doubt it will live past this year on amazon, only question is how close to christmas will it be available.

I stopped buying at ten. That's all I wanted of this set. I've been focusing on other targets going into Christmas. 

If it is up to the end consumers to clean up the remaining stocks, will we still Amzn with several of these in January 2016 ? 

Maybe amazon dumps it during the big prime sale (fat chance I know).

I have 5, cool with that. 

Also, could Amzn actually mark this set down ?  Wasn't this one of the exclusives from the no discounts on exclusives era ?

I stopped buying these from amazon at #135, or something like that, a couple months ago.  I still have hope for this set. I'm hoping for close to $200,  Xmas 2016. If not, then I will just hold until it hits 200, if ever. I'm planning on bundling some of these with the 50x 10229 Winter Cottage I still have...keeping my cottages until these get close to 200, then selling the pair for $400 minimum X 50= $$Cha Ching!!! lol

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...