10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

I'll take a bathroom break and pickup 5 town.halls thank you very much. :)

Disclosure two were ordered before the frenzy and I had planned to order two more anyways but was waiting for Christmas set 2 of 2

Hope it does well for you. The set not the bathroom haha
  • Like 1

$150 is the magic price point for modulars.  $199 was too much for such a bland building.  I also think that the Parisian Restaurant should have been priced at $150.  It's hyper detailed, but similar in stature to the others.

I'm in the minority for saying this, but I too believed that the Haunted House was over priced at $180.  I doubt it sold that well and was probably mostly popular with AFOLs.  

Bland? :-|

Just leaving the Westfarms mall in Connecticut where they only have two Townhall's left. I just bought one which was all they would let me buy. The seal codes on this are 46R3. That would imply late 2013 manufacture. The manager said they were not getting any more in. They were surprised as well and said people have been coming all day buying them. They also had three tumblers, snag one of them and a mint pet shop. No GE.

Was that you I saw today? Lol. I was smooshing the series 12. There was only one left at Westfarms when I left.

On a side note from the investing, TH is definitely my favorite of my modulars. It was a fun build, each room is furnished properly, and it will be a super staple among collectors. There can only be one mayor in a town so this was a must buy for me. The elevator and glass roof builds were amazing.

It does look a little like the box factory the kids on The Simpsons visit for their field trip... But it is a must for any Lego town. It would pair nicely with a tire recycling plant modular and/or any of the following: Lego DMV, Lego Methadone Clinic, or Lego Big Lots.

Help me out guys. What was the tipping point that led everyone to the conclusion that this was going EOL? Was it employee testimony, Shop at Home limits, sudden reduction in inventory across all retailers or something else?

Im trying to learn from my mistakes so this information will be helpful for me and others. I missed the boat (mostly) on this one.

this was probably the most prescient post in possible impending eol retrospect or futurspect.

it was posted in the eol speculation thread.

So I just received an email from a local guy who has a Lego seller license where he asked if we wanted some sets that won't be available after December and I have to say that I was surprised to see a particular set among the ones he listed, others we already had hints about them EOL-ing. Anyways, here are the ones he listed:

10221 SSD

10220 T1 Camper

10211 Grand Emporium

10225 R2-D2

10233 Horizon Express

10224 Town Hall

Obviously, I was surprised about the Town Hall, if that one goes before the Pet Shop that'll be a big surprise.

i didn't see this coming - still not sure i believe it but when in doubt buy more lego.

i had one already built but now i have 1 to hold for a very very very long time.  it'll look great next to the 16GEs... wah wah.

at this point, R2D2 is beckoning.

Edited by cladner

$150 is the magic price point for modulars.  $199 was too much for such a bland building.  I also think that the Parisian Restaurant should have been priced at $150.  It's hyper detailed, but similar in stature to the others.

I'm in the minority for saying this, but I too believed that the Haunted House was over priced at $180.  I doubt it sold that well and was probably mostly popular with AFOLs.  

The Town Hall certainly seemed over priced. My Lego store had about 20 of these last time I was there. But I still think it sold pretty well. I haven't heard too many negative things about it.

Why? It's not going anywhere and what not...

I said maybe. Not going to freak out. See if they still have a ton of them like last time I was there a week ago. Maybe if people are freaking out at xmas time and there isnt any around I flip it. Maybe I just stick it with my others in the closet that I keep long term stuff in. None of that means I think this modular is retiring after a little over 2 years.

This set always stood out to me as a stand alone Modular, like the HH. It was the nicest and most complete set of the sub theme IMO, but as with most people, I thought this set would outlive the Pet Shop. As I have stated many times before, don't wait on the important sets. Now is the time with the great VIP promo and freebie to buy these big exclusives that are 2 years old or more. You never know what will be next.

• Like 1

I have to give props to wilandirene.

If anyone is local to this (Vancouver, BC Canada) it might be worth buying. I'll pass (mainly because my Lego budget is already blown lol) but might help someone else?

He/she posted a CL ad earlier today for a TH NISB for close to 25% off MSRP that I was able to snag. Since I don't have the capital to purchase multiples of every big set, I had decided awhile ago to skip the investment into the PS modular and only pick up one for personal and go straight into TH investing, (every city needs one like it or not), it just happened sooner than expected.

Then Eds subtle statement,

Very soon, this will be the busiest thread on the site.

prompted me to delay my plans to pick up a VC or TH (was undecided) and a PS today after work since my phone was ringing off the hook with town hall posts all day. I picked up another 2 TH's from my local lego store for a total of 3. My goal is to have 6 but at least I'm in the game on this one!! :D

Oh yeah, all three boxes are 25r4.

Edited by speedsausage