10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

With all due respect. you were wrong on the SSD.  The Town Hall is a set that many people have ignored and will now be sorry that they did.  It should be fun to watch,

This just made my day. I almost decided not to stock up on these because of larger box size. In the end, that was the reason I decided to double-up on my original plan, especially after seeing so many people complaining about storing them.

This just made my day. I almost decided not to stock up on these because of larger box size. In the end, that was the reason I decided to double-up on my original plan, especially after seeing so many people complaining about storing them.

Good plan. Many shared similar complaints about the SSD and look how that turned out so far.

You may be correct, and I love BP and it is humongous but if you factor sales of 5,000,000,000 every year (at least it is there or heading there) and put 57,400,000 against it which includes current market value, not original cost, it could cause a batch run on an item I guess that is possible but Lego does not revolve around us I guess that is my point.  It really isn't relevant but I keep thinking of that Lego youtube video of Space Police where they say "Moth to the flame boys, Moth to the flame".  I think we are Moths and Lego is the flame. :)   PS I like being a Moth.

Of course the amount is just a drop in the ocean but it seems enough of money to put in an extra run of a  set just because of it. Meh I don't wanna be a moth :( ugly mtf :(

I think the Town Hall will be out for a while, most sets will say Sold Out from now and then, I did buy 2 yesterday and will be getting a few more as I will have 10-15 thats it. I would rather have tons of R2-D2 Droids and Batman Ayslums and a few other ones.    Ed

About the "retiring ? not ? should I wait some more months ?"

Why are you waiting for the very last moment (days ? hours ?) to invest in a set ?

It's double VIP points time, so if you want to invest somewhere, especially exclusive sets, just do it (copyrighted by Nike).

If you can't and want to wait the very last moment for a set which may retire within the coming year and expect a quick flip, or are too greedy and want to save $10 for a set which can double the MSRP within the next 3 years, you would better stop the investing game and just buy food and clothes.

Sorry for the hard post but sometimes people drive me crazy...

Why are you waiting for the very last moment (days ? hours ?) to invest in a set ?

It's double VIP points time, so if you want to invest somewhere, especially exclusive sets, just do it (copyrighted by Nike).

If you can't and want to wait the very last moment for a set which may retire within the coming year and expect a quick flip, or are too greedy and want to save $10 for a set which can double the MSRP within the next 3 years, you would better stop the investing game and just buy food and clothes.

So if we try to get the best deals on things we are greedy and should not be investing? NIce

Who are you talking to?

Like the economic crisis now. With everything getting relatively cheap, you would suspect people to spend more, but they think... hmmm if it's this cheap, it will get cheaper and they leave their money on the bank. Then people  get surprised when price is rising again 

There's nothing wrong with trying to find the best deal.

But doing that you'll have to take chances.

So if you are looking for an investment you should go for it and invest.

If you decide otherwise because maybe it's not the best moment (though it's still a good moment) and afterwards you end up with nothing then you shouldn't complain about it.

If you are serious you will buy constantly (as long as your money allows it).

If you are only looking for the best prices you need to take drawbacks into consideration from time to time.

Anyhow everybody should invest his money as he likes... I don't really mind what people do as long as my investment goes according to plan and I see some profit at the end. Why should I care if everybody else here buys for more or less? Why should anybody care?

I'm jealous from time to time when I see cool deals that I couldn't get (yep it's true...) but if I buy something for 100$ and resell it for 200$ that's still a good deal though I didn't buy it for 70$ like somebody else might have.

• Like 1

I think the Town Hall will be out for a while, most sets will say Sold Out from now and then, I did buy 2 yesterday and will be getting a few more as I will have 10-15 thats it. I would rather have tons of R2-D2 Droids and Batman Ayslums and a few other ones.    Ed

R2s and Aylums ( :read: taking notes... :rtfm: )

So if we try to get the best deals on things we are greedy and should not be investing? NIce

People who are ok to wait the very last moment for a set to retire, checking deals for hours every week to finally save $10, for a set which can give them $200 if they are patient enough: yes, I call it being greedy. That's what I say because I want to look polite, especially when you consider that those people can simply totaly miss the boat for some retiring sets. I think about people who wanted the very best deal and wait the very last moment to have some HH (and were able to get zero).

• Like 1

Looks like this is already becoming a very busy thread. For what it's worth, I just tried calling Lego LEGO Shop at Home and put a phone order in. "Patrick" said, No go. Out of stock. Cannot enter any back orders at this time.

Edited by Kenxxx