10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

Who was the fella who predicted this set along with a handful of others was due to retire this year?

Interesting how there was a whole parade of people laughing at the potential of this EOL'ing yesterday.

Now things are somewhat quiet on that front.

Note: I am not saying this will not be back in stock and out and back like SSD, it will.

I do find it very curious that so many major sets may all in fact be on last legs. But Lego is introducing sets at an incredible pace and they have to make room for new ones.

I've placed an order for three, and shipped today. I expected one shipment, but TRU sent me two UPS tracking numbers.

Isn't it three sets in a carton box?

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/9872-number-of-sets-per-original-lego-shipping-carton/

Just because it comes 3 to a case doesn't necessarily mean that is how they will ship it to you .

Just because it comes 3 to a case doesn't necessarily mean that is how they will ship it to you .

You are right. The reason why I bought three sets in a single order was to get them in a LEGO carton box. I've received battered boxes couple of times before from TRU. Wish this isn't the case. 

You are right. The reason why I bought three sets in a single order was to get them in a LEGO carton box. I've received battered boxes couple of times before from TRU. Wish this isn't the case.

assuming they are damaged , don't return them right away. It will be interesting to see how this situation pans out
  • Like 1

I've placed an order for three, and shipped today. I expected one shipment, but TRU sent me two UPS tracking numbers.

Isn't it three sets in a carton box?

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/9872-number-of-sets-per-original-lego-shipping-carton/

Town Hall is 2 per original LEGO shipping carton. I wouldn't put a lot of faith in that list as many people give incorrect info.

I find it interesting that 33 members are reading this topic as I am typing this but very few people are actually commenting.

Everyone must be contemplating.

Most of them are lurkers who read, but don't post. My guess is that everyone is thinking about the set going EOL or not this Christmas.

• Like 1

Assuming this goes EOL, which is likely possibly, this is def a game changer in terms of buying strategies

Yes, it will definitely be a game changer. I would expect the set to soar in value if it does go EOL. Sort of like the Zombies set. Everyone thought it would be out for longer, but that didn't happen. If Lego retires one modular a year, the TH would be expected to retire in 2016 I believe. 

Just leaving the Westfarms mall in Connecticut where they only have two Townhall's left. I just bought one which was all they would let me buy. The seal codes on this are 46R3. That would imply late 2013 manufacture. The manager said they were not getting any more in. They were surprised as well and said people have been coming all day buying them. They also had three tumblers, snag one of them and a mint pet shop. No GE.

• Like 2

I'm new to the game, and snagged some GEs last month for investing. This month I had other things in mind but thought, "I really need at least one Town Hall for myself before I start investing." I thought I had more time--maybe I still do--but at least I got ONE for me and if I can't get more will have to profit on other sets. Bummer if no more available.